got a can am x3.im running the baja design 40'' light bar across the roof.i wanna add more lighting.i was looking at going with (2) pillar pods from baja design.i see thay make a few.anybody running them.if so what ones and also anbody running amber? im also thinking of amber as thay say it cuts down the dust.i whould appreciate some feed back.thanks guys

Don't have those exact lights, but I run amber covers on my LED cubes on my atv. Much better in dust.

I have baja design squadron sport clear lights on the pillars and they work awesome. I haven't ran the amber.  I do wish I went with the squadron pro, they are a little larger and brighter. 

Posted (edited)

52739790_2238181789785850_2229209930680762368_n.jpg.1b3fffeecdcee794d03d3539b0edfbdb.jpgI have a BD 50" on roof and BD 10" amber on bumper of X3. Run alot on just amber in the desert in dust.

Other hand mama dukes has 2 xl80s on the front her rzr bumper.  Holy shit. Those things are almost as bright as my 50.

If I was doing pods I wouldn't settle for anything less than the xl80.

I would do them in amber. Keep your 40 for no dust and those xl80 in amber would kill!

20171103_150316.jpg

Edited by DTA

Xl80s and never look back

Don't get the squadron racer edition. They make a ton of light but the throw was insane, suitable for baja at 100 mph but a design that puts more light directly in front of you will be better.

I run 2 Baja Designs XL80 Racer Editions on the pillar of my Ford Raptor and they are IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

Posted (edited)

I run a pair of XL80s on my bumper and a pair of Squadron Pros on my A-pillars.   Those Squadron pros through out a lot of light in a tiny package.

This gives you an idea of the light they throw.  This was at over 80mph with amber covers on the lights.

2026530111_nighlightshot.JPG.043745d4f015fd79a79e4ec4dff4ef35.JPG

IMG_8736.jpg

Edited by Sand Shark

8 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

I run a pair of XL80s on my bumper and a pair of Squadron Pros on my A-pillars.   Those Squadron pros through out a lot of light in a tiny package.

This gives you an idea of the light they throw.  This was at over 80mph with amber covers on the lights.

2026530111_nighlightshot.JPG.043745d4f015fd79a79e4ec4dff4ef35.JPG

IMG_8736.jpg

whats the deal with the black x3 with all the round lights on the front bumper.im not a fan of bumper lights but that black x3 looks bad ass with the round lights.how does his set up work?

26 minutes ago, BigMac said:

whats the deal with the black x3 with all the round lights on the front bumper.im not a fan of bumper lights but that black x3 looks bad ass with the round lights.how does his set up work?

That is Megadesertdiesel here on the forum.  The lights are cheap ebay specials that work okay.   The lenses are all sandblasted.    He made the bumper.   The best is when he stuffs the front end and comes up over a dune at night and the lights are pointing upward.  LOL!!!

The do look good though.     I believe he will have a different light set up for next season.