Stopped by Inn N Out to get a delicious Double Double and in walks a couple of dudes with a Shi-Tzu rat dog thing under one arm like a damned purse.  Guy ordering his food puts the dog down on the counter, then brings it over to the soda fountain and, again, puts the rat dog thing on the counter.  Same thing with the ketchup stand.

Icing on the cake: plenty of tables outside.  Eat out there?  Nope.  Plop that damned creature onto the table they were eating at.

I love my dogs, and have brought them to Inn N Out.  At no time did they go inside because my dogs, like all dogs, do gross shit I wouldn't want to subject others to.

/rant

Amen brother! Dogs are happier at home I always laugh out loud when I see people dragging them around the street fair or Farmers market on hundred plus degree asphalt they always look so excited to be there and even better is a community water dish that everybody puts out for them in front of their businesses so your dogs can share diseases while they visit also! Don't even get me started on the dog park epidemic," show me yours I'll show you mine" with your freaking dogs people come on!

Real Service Dogs would NEVER be placed on counter tops, etc.

Period.

I hate to see "Good" Things or Services misused or abused. It ruins it for the real people who depend on them.

I work at a community college they sent out a memo saying the only type of service animal allowed on campus are dogs aaaannnndddddd Miniature horses. I have got my eye out for a miniature horse and would love to bring it to work :lmao: "But the memo said" as the horse takes a giant dump on the floor

When the whole "service animal" abuse thing started a few years ago, a "locals" bar in Hermosa just decided that its patrons could just bring their dogs in to hang.  Bugged the shit out of me, but hey, not my bar.  Lasted for a bit until an out of towner who shared my view took a video of a dog shitting on the floor and sent it to the cops/animal control.  There is now a sign on the front door  that says "we love your dogs as much as you but unfortunately they are no longer allowed inside" and I couldn't be happier.  . .

38 minutes ago, 2turbofords said:

Amen brother! Dogs are happier at home I always laugh out loud when I see people dragging them around the street fair or Farmers market on hundred plus degree asphalt they always look so excited to be there and even better is a community water dish that everybody puts out for them in front of their businesses so your dogs can share diseases while they visit also! Don't even get me started on the dog park epidemic," show me yours I'll show you mine" with your freaking dogs people come on!

LOL.  Dog parks.  Hilarious to people watch there as people try to reason with their fonking dog like it's a 4 year old.  Idiots.

25 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Real Service Dogs would NEVER be placed on counter tops, etc.

Period.

I hate to see "Good" Things or Services misused or abused. It ruins it for the real people who depend on them.

Yep.

The ADA law really needs to be amended such that restaurant owners can request certification, or it is prominently displayed on the animal, and any falsification is treated as fraud (which it is).  

service-dog_esa_therapy-dog.jpg

3 minutes ago, South Bay said:

When the whole "service animal" abuse thing started a few years ago, a "locals" bar in Hermosa just decided that its patrons could just bring their dogs in to hang.  Bugged the shit out of me, but hey, not my bar.  Lasted for a bit until an out of towner who shared my view took a video of a dog shitting on the floor and sent it to the cops/animal control.  There is now a sign on the front door  that says "we love your dogs as much as you but unfortunately they are no longer allowed inside" and I couldn't be happier.  . .

See above.  The problem is restaurant owners cannot currently dispute legitimacy as they can be sued for discrimination under ADA.  This has allowed people to abuse the law and bring their whatever the hell with them and say it's a service animal.  

38 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

LOL.  Dog parks.  Hilarious to people watch there as people try to reason with their fonking dog like it's a 4 year old.  Idiots.

Yep.

The ADA law really needs to be amended such that restaurant owners can request certification, or it is prominently displayed on the animal, and any falsification is treated as fraud (which it is).  

service-dog_esa_therapy-dog.jpg

See above.  The problem is restaurant owners cannot currently dispute legitimacy as they can be sued for discrimination under ADA.  This has allowed people to abuse the law and bring their whatever the hell with them and say it's a service animal.  

Great Chart. "Emotional" support types are the ones causing most of the troubles.

Went to Home Depot over the weekend and I shit you not there were dogs running around like it was a dog park. No leashes! Top it off with a great Dane knocking over the end cap shit, shutting down the main aisle! 

It's beyond ridiculous.

I Cant wait to get the shit bit out me by some asholio dog at home depot! 

I take my dog alot of places but she stays in my running locked vehicle with ac on .

Inside of any place of business is not a effin dog show . 

1 hour ago, Legit Duner said:

Went to Home Depot over the weekend and I shit you not there were dogs running around like it was a dog park. No leashes! Top it off with a great Dane knocking over the end cap shit, shutting down the main aisle! 

It's beyond ridiculous.

Its  because people think their pets are their kids “pet parents” another check mark on the socially accepted mental disorder list

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, davyjones said:

I take my dog alot of places but she stays in my running locked vehicle with ac on .

A guy my wife works with (usps mail carrier) got bit by a dog bad (stitches required) last week. Was shocked when he got a mark on his record and was sent to “training”. Apparently when someones pitbull bites you its now your fault.

Edited by sausage450r

I have two dogs I call my best friends.

No way are they going into a place to eat. They are Dirty Dogs.

If you have Real Needs. Different story.

People that have no needs and insist.

Really just a Control Freak.

Just Controlling a being that can not say no.

Just more self centered aholes that expect the world to revolve around them... 

6 hours ago, sausage450r said:

1268D88C-6B8F-4BF8-B9A2-C6F5BCD621E4.jpeg

That's a direct shot at you Steve...........love your dogs? Rare, medium rare?

4 hours ago, davyjones said:

My dog routinely goes to Lowes.......cuz she can. She took a shit right in the main isle last time. She's on chemo so I gave her a pass.

10 hours ago, spize909 said:

My dog routinely goes to Lowes.......cuz she can. She took a shit right in the main isle last time. She's on chemo so I gave her a pass.

Same with the wife..

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, spize909 said:

And did you pick the shit up or leave it ? 

I started my electrical career as a meter reader in san berdoo .ive been bit several times and have a scar across my thumb where one almost took my thumb off .

Dog bites are dangerous wounds and With that said i am a dog owner myself , i do understand people loving thier animals , wanting to make them part of the experience of shopping , eating out , going to ice cream , the mall , haircuts , buying lumber or whatever ... i choose to not take my dog ownership to that level .  But just as its your choice to do that its my choice and right to not be bit by your animal in a public place . You take  the liability by trusting your animal as does the business owner who allows the behavior  . What i find so funny is the people who get offended when i make it obvious i dont trust thier animal . 

Edited by davyjones

I take my dogs with me when it's appropriate. 

Will I take them to a bar that allows them on the patio, probably not.  They get a little excited when there are other dogs around them. They are not aggressive or anything they just want to talk and having them barking doesn't sound like something I want to deal with while having a beer and burger. I think they are like kids in these locations, Seen but not heard.

Do they get to go to Pet'sMart and PetCo when I go. I try to get them out into these spots as often as I can. The store allows it and it's a short visit and they enjoy all of the smells and excitement and if they were to relieve themselves inside ( which hasn't happened yet)  I will clean it up.

Lowes and Home Depot both allow me to bring them in and that depends on what I am there for.  If I can go do what I need to do and keep them under my control then they can, If I cannot do that , Then they stay home. Again just like children if you can't keep them under control while you are sorting thru the stack of 2X4's leave them at home too.

As far as my dogs biting somebody, Well so far they have never shown any type of aggression towards any person but if asked if my dog bites I will say there dogs you never know.

Any other place they really don't need to be going.

I have seen some dogs that are obviously not well trained in places that dogs should not be and I think that takes away from the people who spend countless hours training and working with there dogs to properly train them in order to allow them to go into places you normally would not see dog's.  These dogs don't bother me.

For instance, Was at the grocery store a place I don't think dogs should be unless they are actual service animals. Well the lady had her Maltese with her and it was in the cart where you would put a child.  There was no way this dog should of been in the store.  It was not well trained it wanted to check out every cart coming by in the produce area it wanted to sniff the food and would not behave and the owner didn't care.

The next week another person was in the store in the produce area with his Queensland.  He was shopping with the basket and the dog was off leash even. That dog was 2" from his heel and when he stopped that dog sat.  The only thing that dog cared about was where it's owner was and what he was doing. Even when a small child walked up to it and wanted to pet the dog all it took was a look by the owner and the dog ignored the child.  While I don't think the dog should of been there it was well behaved ( actually better behaved than the small child)  So I will let them have a pass.

was just in LOWES the other day and stepped in someones dogs crap-pile left in the middle of the isle.  Such BS, as now  I smell like dog crap for the rest of the evening.. Never saw the offender, but would have lit them up if I did....  Effing like you don't know when your dog is taking a dump.. Then don't have the decency to clean it up yourself, or notify someone if you truly don't have the ability.  Can  about guarantee it wasn't the product of a true service dog.. 

So Lowes and Home Depot are now dog friendly establishments ? ? ?

14 hours ago, spize909 said:

That's a direct shot at you Steve...........love your dogs? Rare, medium rare?

That Matt guy's a dick, what can I say? :bigrin

Rare. :bag:

I went to Best Buy and some dumb lady with her stupid rat-mop-frizzled hair-mutt just watched as it dropped 5 logs in the front area of the store.

WTF, I walked by and said that's F**KING Disgusting...take your lap rat outside!

37 minutes ago, South Bay said:

So Lowes and Home Depot are now dog friendly establishments ? ? ?

Have been for about 10 years