Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, I'm Sorry said:

u stand over here

 

and u stand over here also ........ smack down 2019 GD.com

Legit was legit it’s all good! 

As for you Pipe down Tator tot😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mike dee said:

Legit was legit it’s all good! 

As for you Pipe down Tator tot😂

ur know fun .......... punk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 8/6/2019 at 2:43 PM, South Bay said:

I ride a bike on the "Strand" (a MUP) in Hermosa Beach almost every day.  Every week or so, without fail, some dog owner will be standing on the right side of the path with their dog to their left.  Dog then sees/smells something and darts out across the path because it's on an expandable leash.  In most cases I see it coming and react accordingly ("hey" or ring my bell),  but there have been a few close calls where unfortunately  the dog had to suffer slightly for its owners stupidity . . .

So last night, dog owner on the right walking with his dog, on leash to the left and behaving nicely.  Lady on other side of the Strand with her little dog on the expandable leash decides it needed to meet the dog in front of me right as I was passing by.  Lady lets her do walk across the path directly in front of me without looking up to see me coming and well, her poor dog probably has sore ribs today . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, South Bay said:

 

So last night, dog owner on the right walking with his dog, on leash to the left and behaving nicely.  Lady on other side of the Strand with her little dog on the expandable leash decides it needed to meet the dog in front of me right as I was passing by.  Lady lets her do walk across the path directly in front of me without looking up to see me coming and well, her poor dog probably has sore ribs today . . .

RegularDeepAntelope-size_restricted.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in line at Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend, and low and behold someone's Golden Retriever was laying down in the front row of one of the boats coming back!  I wonder how he liked the drops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, sausage450r said:

Its  because people think their pets are their kids “pet parents” another check mark on the socially accepted mental disorder list

I disagree there.  There are medical conditions that preclude some couples from having children.  Yes, adoption is an option, but that's not for everyone either.  We don't have children of our own, though her younger brother (who's 17 now) lives with us and we provide all support for him.  Anyway, she still calls herself a "Dog Mom" often, has shirts and koozies and stuff w/ Dog Mom jokes.  No, we're not mentally ill and no we don't think they're humans, but they do mean a lot to us.  We don't take them in non-dog-friendly places, we haven't tried to register them as some sort of service animal (because they're not), and we often won't even take them into pet-acceptable places where it'd be an inconvenience for others.  Our dogs go everywhere with us (as in vacations) but they stay in the truck/trailer with the AC on when we go in places.   

 

It comes down to the individual owners.  There are "pet parents" that are a-holes and only care about themselves and what is easiest/best for them and there are "pet parents" who understand the world doesn't revolve around them and their pets shouldn't inconvenience the rest of the world.  

 

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

I disagree there.  There are medical conditions that preclude some couples from having children.  Yes, adoption is an option, but that's not for everyone either.  We don't have children of our own, though her younger brother (who's 17 now) lives with us and we provide all support for him.  Anyway, she still calls herself a "Dog Mom" often, has shirts and koozies and stuff w/ Dog Mom jokes.  No, we're not mentally ill and no we don't think they're humans, but they do mean a lot to us.  We don't take them in non-dog-friendly places, we haven't tried to register them as some sort of service animal (because they're not), and we often won't even take them into pet-acceptable places where it'd be an inconvenience for others.  Our dogs go everywhere with us (as in vacations) but they stay in the truck/trailer with the AC on when we go in places.   

 

It comes down to the individual owners.  There are "pet parents" that are a-holes and only care about themselves and what is easiest/best for them and there are "pet parents" who understand the world doesn't revolve around them and their pets shouldn't inconvenience the rest of the world.  

 

-TJ

You dont think of it as the same as raising a child though right? Because i’ve had multiple women try to explain to me that its the same thing. Theres a woman i’ve seen twice now in east el cajon with a chicken. Once at wal mart and once at albertsons. Chickens carry disease and have no business in grocery store except dressed and wrapped in clear plastic. Its astounding listening to simpletons talk to her, and listen to her prattle to her chicken like its listening and answering her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, if Home Depot, Lowe’s, and all these other places wan5 to allow dogs inside, then the should put up a dog run of some sort outside. Also, if you want to take your dog to these places, you should make sure they piss and shit before hand. I am a dog person. I’ve taken my dogs everywhere with me except for inside stores. There is no need for pets to be inside these stores. If it is your service dog, they are on a feeding schedule along with a potty schedule so you know when they need to crap or not. Think about others. Maybe you are stressed to be in public so you have to bring your service animal. What about the people who are now stressed because they are afraid of your service animal? Maybe they were attacked by an animal like yours as a child and are traumatized for life. Do their feelings not count?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bat-shit crazy "Parents" are not exclusive to folks who own pets unfortunately...there are many more who passed their DNA on to children...

God save us all..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 9:31 AM, Air450 said:

I just saw this... :wtf: Really? A service pony?

EFFING Unreal!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...