socaldmax

Let's talk about Chromebooks

On 6/17/2019 at 10:55 PM, socaldmax said:

It's an app for Android devices that also works on Chrome. It's one of many TV and movie streaming apps available on the net. It also works on Firestick as well. 

By any chance do you have any links on how to install Terrarium on Chromebook? I tried searching today and found a few youtube videos but they were for Titanium, showbox, and others and all said to download another app first, which I did, and only got one of them to work, and it kept saying 'new version available" every 2 min and if I tried a movie I got Anime girls popping up before the movie would start. Some of the links they had to download different ones were bogus links also! Spent like 2 hours and had to stop before I got a hammer! lol Is Terrarium the best for movies? Or is there another better, easier, or ???????

2 hours ago, Buggydave said:

By any chance do you have any links on how to install Terrarium on Chromebook? I tried searching today and found a few youtube videos but they were for Titanium, showbox, and others and all said to download another app first, which I did, and only got one of them to work, and it kept saying 'new version available" every 2 min and if I tried a movie I got Anime girls popping up before the movie would start. Some of the links they had to download different ones were bogus links also! Spent like 2 hours and had to stop before I got a hammer! lol Is Terrarium the best for movies? Or is there another better, easier, or ???????

I'll PM you.

I bought a chromebook about 3 years ago when I went back to school.  I was trying to save money, so I just bought a low end Asus, fairly small screen, little RAM, etc.  It's a bit too slow now for my tastes when browsing, but I still enjoy using it.  As said, it's light, there are no moving parts, so battery life is awesome and it never gets hot, it's so easy to travel with, I take it with me whenever I fly.  In school it was awesome because as soon as the classroom would open, everyone would RUN for a precious seat near an outlet.  I'd stroll in knowing I had 12 hours of battery in my bag, and it only weighed a pound or two.

I would love to buy another one, but my wife and I are splitting up our "hobby rooms" and she's getting the desktop for the vinyl cutter, but I need a windows based machine to run Fusion 360 on.  If anyone had an answer to Fusion 360 on a chromebook, I'd gladly jump at one.

I'll still probably grab another chromebook to take on buggy riding trips.  It's just so light and easy to use, it's great for web browsing and youtube watching when I'm unwinding at night.  

I stopped by Barnes and Noble yesterday.

The magazine "Linux Format", June 2019, has an article on installing Linux on a Chromebook, keeping the long battery life, and adding all the functions of a Linus distro.

Who knew?

The one I'm using fills the bill.

Dell Ultrabook, E7440, super thin, ships with 256 SSD, webcam, ten hour battery, and includes space for two SSD installed.

Factory hardware R.A.I.D. if two drive installed. Configured for either two M SATA drives, or, one SATA and one M SATA.

Capacity up to two 1 TB each slot.

I'm using two 8 Gig ram = 16, and loving the 10 hour battery.