Sign in to follow this  
SANDPSYCHO

Oil change recommendation for DP

I need the oil changed on my RV near Norco. Don't even mention the shop in Colton. Thanks!

I gave up trying to get a hold of someone at Colton Truck Terminal. So I was going to do it myself but the mechanic at Colton Truck Terminal Garage put the oil filter on so tight I can't get the GDMFPOS thing off. So before I can't drive it I have stopped. 

I have a strap wrench if you need one to get it off... just used it on my truck last weekend for the big filter. Otherwise there's a great fleet service place on the corner of Miraloma just east of Tustin Ave in Anaheim

https://www.fleetservicesinc.com/

Pete's road service on the corona / riverside border... not too far from Norco.

Or stab a big screw driver through the filter and twist it off.

Never heard or read a bad word about Colton Truck Terminal till this thread.  They've serviced my coach since I purchased and the three times it has been there for service/maintenance, I've had zero complaints.  They actually go above & beyond in my opinion.  They caught a broken radiator mount and fixed a left hand pull in the steering wheel that had something to do with the steering stabilizer.   They are very busy and can be difficult to get a hold of.  I've always had to make an appointment a month out.  They're busy for a reason, and it's certainly not because they're incompetent.....  

30 minutes ago, Orange_R said:

I have a strap wrench if you need one to get it off... just used it on my truck last weekend for the big filter. Otherwise there's a great fleet service place on the corner of Miraloma just east of Tustin Ave in Anaheim

https://www.fleetservicesinc.com/

I have one, it just started to crush the filter, it's on so tight.

11 minutes ago, evantwheeler said:

Never heard or read a bad word about Colton Truck Terminal till this thread.  They've serviced my coach since I purchased and the three times it has been there for service/maintenance, I've had zero complaints.  They actually go above & beyond in my opinion.  They caught a broken radiator mount and fixed a left hand pull in the steering wheel that had something to do with the steering stabilizer.   They are very busy and can be difficult to get a hold of.  I've always had to make an appointment a month out.  They're busy for a reason, and it's certainly not because they're incompetent.....  

I would agree with you up until today. 

1 hour ago, EMPIRE231 said:

Pete's road service on the corona / riverside border... not too far from Norco.

Or stab a big screw driver through the filter and twist it off.

DON'T DO THIS ^^^^^  If it fails (like it did to me) you are Fuc!ed ....... mine just shredded. Also you will have oil ALL OVER YOU. I ended up fabricating a tool and pissed half the day away.

I always punch a hole in the bottom and drain the filter first

I can check to see who my neighbors used....I think the guys from TNT welding maybe??? Mobile guys that come out for oil/gen service.