ltpyro

All blue AN fittings

Where does everyone get their AN fittings from?  I want to start replacing hoses on my car and would like to keep the all the ends and fitting the same color.  I actually like the look of black ends and fittings but the car has a number of blue elbows and misc other blue AN fittings.  Anyone know where you can buy all blue hose ends and not the blue/red ones that seem to be standard?

Xrp, Earl's, possible to have them custom anodized also I have a guy here in Escondido if u go that route fwiw he used to do all the blue ends and reservoirs etc for Fox before they switched over to Black.

6 hours ago, jaybird95 said:

Here

call xrp . If they dont have what you want already u can buy all the parts take them to anodize yourself and return to xrp for assembly. Pricey and timely process tho

I learned the hard way that fitting colors of old don’t match what is currently made. 

I recently bought the same brand that I currently have on my car. When I got the new, the colors were different. 

Like an old elbow had a red base and a blue elbow. Now the new elbow had a blue base and blue elbow. 

I did end up buying all new for certain areas of the motor that can be seen out in the open. 

I've re-done my entire car with Fragola from Summit Racing.  I've been converting every hose to PTFE but Fragola makes the regular AN fittings for steel braided rubber lined hose too.  I looked into the ANfinttings.com site and they are Chinese and not very well made.  People complained about the color fading quickly and not being consistent.  If I recall, something was different about the threads too???  Fragola is all US stuff and lasts.  They have Blue, Black, Blue/Red and raw colors.  I've yet to have one leak. Always in stock too.  Earls and XRP stuff is really good too...just more $$$ for the same quality as Fragola IMO.  

~jw

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:50 PM, 2turbofords said:

Xrp, Earl's, possible to have them custom anodized also I have a guy here in Escondido if u go that route fwiw he used to do all the blue ends and reservoirs etc for Fox before they switched over to Black.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, davyjones said:

call xrp . If they dont have what you want already u can buy all the parts take them to anodize yourself and return to xrp for assembly. Pricey and timely process tho

If I had money to burn this might be an option, but since the fittings are expensive as it is, having them re-anodized its probably way out of the budget.

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, Rockwood said:

Couple of options:

1. Reuse your ends and replace the hoses

2. https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/fittings-hoses/part-type/universal-fittings/fitting-finish/blue-anodized

3. Switching everything to all black Ultraflex nylon and save some pounds: 

https://www.holley.com/brands/earls/products/plumbing_an_fittings_and_hose/ultra_flex/

Ok sorry I should have been a little more clear.  the fitting that I have that are all blue are the ones that go into the block or are an AN to NTP adaptors.  The few hose ends that are on the car that are one color are crimped and the hose lengths are going to change.  I was just looking for a way to get AN hose ends that are just blue.  I may just bite the bullet and go black (which I like better any way) and have to swap the other AN fittings down the road to black as well.  The black ends and fittings with the stainless steel lines look a lot better to me with the chrome and polished parts of the motor any ways.

That ultra flex stuff looks interesting.  I do like the weight savings over traditional steel lines and it looks almost the same.  I'll have to do a little more looking into that.  Thanks.

Edited by ltpyro

6 hours ago, jwest2sh said:

I've re-done my entire car with Fragola from Summit Racing.  I've been converting every hose to PTFE but Fragola makes the regular AN fittings for steel braided rubber lined hose too.  I looked into the ANfinttings.com site and they are Chinese and not very well made.  People complained about the color fading quickly and not being consistent.  If I recall, something was different about the threads too???  Fragola is all US stuff and lasts.  They have Blue, Black, Blue/Red and raw colors.  I've yet to have one leak. Always in stock too.  Earls and XRP stuff is really good too...just more $$$ for the same quality as Fragola IMO.  

~jw

I'll check out Fragola.  I agree about the ANfittings.com, some reviews are not that good and I do prefer to buy things made in the US over Chinese if I can.

I started using RedHorse a few years ago & they were very competitive in price & their quality was great.  My buggy has Phenix fittings on it for almost everything & they are pretty nice.  the folks @ Phenix are very helpful.  IIRC both are made here in the US.  I expected Jegs/Slummit/Earls to be Chinese, but not Vibrant & Russell......  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ltpyro said:

If I had money to burn this might be an option, but since the fittings are expensive as it is, having them re-anodized its probably way out of the budget.

To clarify you would be buying the fittings pre anodize unassembled . You take all the parts to anodize then return to assemble or you can assemble them yourself if you have a small arbor press . 

If I remember it added like 20% to the off the shelf price. Most anodized have a min charge 60-100 bucks . 

Edited by davyjones

Depending on where you live there is place in Costa Mesa called Mesa hose and that guy has everything. I got all the ANs for my car there

2 hours ago, acefuture said:

Depending on where you live there is place in Costa Mesa called Mesa hose and that guy has everything. I got all the ANs for my car there

I'm in Anaheim, so I'll definitely check them out.   Thanks.

2 hours ago, davyjones said:

To clarify you would be buying the fittings pre anodize unassembled . You take all the parts to anodize then return to assemble or you can assemble them yourself if you have a small arbor press . 

If I remember it added like 20% to the off the shelf price. Most anodized have a min charge 60-100 bucks . 

Sorry I missed that.  20% over normal cost I guess isn't that bad considering you can get it exactly how you want it.

3 minutes ago, ltpyro said:

I'm in Anaheim, so I'll definitely check them out.   Thanks.

Sorry I missed that.  20% over normal cost I guess isn't that bad considering you can get it exactly how you want it.

Definitely worth going and chatting with him. Super knowledgable drag race guy. He's got a ton of ANs in stock in various sizes and colors and if he doesn't have it he can order it. He had every AN I needed for my car in stock and he cut all the hoses for me as well. Super helpful