Sign in to follow this  
Just Playin

STU Blaster 33 scoop heights

I have been searching for a few hours and cant find the answer. I need to buy new paddles for next season, I now have 33 blasters but not sure if they are cut #1 or #2. Can someone tell me what the scoop heights are?

THANK YOU!!!!!

They are marked on the scoop 1 or 2 

I'd like to say 1s are ~1in, 2s are 1-1/4. I have both tires in the shop on cars. .. I'll check later.

The tires that I have were on the car when I purchased it.. according to the DOT code, they are 15 years old and dont have any markings other than 33. ☹️ 

Non comp cut tires, #1 measured 0.950 #2 measures 1.200.

My brand new #2 are 1 1/8”  tall scoop.

1 hour ago, Just Playin said:

The tires that I have were on the car when I purchased it.. according to the DOT code, they are 15 years old and dont have any markings other than 33. ☹️ 

My new #2’s are 1 1/8” tall scoop.

Thank you for the help!,

Look on the scoop itself, in the middle, on the back side. Although with tires that old the markings may not be visible.

Wont be on the sidewall.

Slight thread hijack but though it was a good place to share 

Several months ago in pursuit of some #2 -15 during the big season sold out everywhere.   i called Stu and spoke with the owner and he gave me the whole history of all his tires . I have the details written down someplace what I do remember from that conversation is that the blaster 33 pro 15”  are the same 1and 2  scoops found on the  17” blaster   . The original or non pro 15”   #1&#2 were designed for the first v8 long travel cars out there which were lower hp more stock motors and have an entirely different 1 and 2 scoop Shorter and less angle .  He told me he gets the question several times a day and his best guess of tire recommendations is from an engineering perspective , people’s opinions of what works for them . He then explains due to car design ,engine trans combo , car weight , center of gravity,  driving style , air pressure  ,ect the only way to really know what you like or need is to take several sets and back to back run them .