Dirtywhiteboy

Garage cabinets- Where to get sexy ones reasonably?

I’ve had a custom cabinet shop come out and quote me $25,000 for my two car garage, I’ve seen prefab aluminum ones on Amazon for about five grand. Here in Southern California, specifically orange county, does anyone know anyone that can provide cabinets in the 5-$7000 range that look like 10 K plus cabinets?

I’ve seen the crap they sell at closet World, etc. Home Depot makes a decent 30 inch with a raised panel door for 270 each and if I can’t find someone that will turn key it, I will go the Home Depot route.

pics and advice greatly appreciated. 

Posted (edited)

New Age Cabinets on Amazon.  Ton's of great reviews and free shipping.  Very reasonably priced and look great.  No way you need to spend anywhere near $10k unless you just like spending money.   Photos here:

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/new-age-garage-cabinets.199105/

Edited by evantwheeler

9 minutes ago, evantwheeler said:

New Age Cabinets on Amazon.  Ton's of great reviews and free shipping.  Very reasonably priced and look great.  No way you need to spend anywhere near $10k unless you just like spending money.   Photos here:

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/new-age-garage-cabinets.199105/

That's Walt in Havasu (one a day )….call him up...those look great

https://www.garagecoatings.com/content/garage-storage-cabinets.asp

They have there showroom  in Anaheim with a mocked up 2 car garage

Saber cabinets.  Here are mine.

IMG_3567-X2.jpg

Harbor Freight had some "Yukon" brand cabinets that were amazing.  I heard they sold out so fast that they were not able to keep up with demand though.  Not sure if they are back instock or not.  They dont show up on the website.

About two years ago we did a surprise garage remodel for my dad and used Saber cabinets. The quality is great and the pricing is very reasonable. I want to say we were around $4000 shipped for all of the cabinets/stainless counter top and took maybe 4 hours to install. the large storage lockers do require assembly but nothing crazy. I would comment that the cabinets are not "mechanic grade" but more for the nice garage and guy that likes to tinker. If you are like me and in the garage every weekend wrenching i would recommend other options.  all that said my dad absolutely loves them! 

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Check out Anaheim kitchen and Bath same building as Best Cheer Stone. They have a nice white raised panel all wood construction cabinet I have used many times much better than home depot and better price.  Tariffs have brought up price though. I got a wholesale account there. 

they make a full build or dIY base cabinets for really cheap mount them on a trailer or in a garage

http://www.midwestracecabinets.com/

http://www.midwestracecabinets.com/store/p38/12'_Combo_Deals_(Full_Cabinets).html

I like the New Age Cabinets.  I bought a few two years ago and they're holding up great to daily use.

Pretty sure Costco sells some great looking cabinet kits. Great return policy if you’re not happy. 

i just took most of my cabinets from kitchen when we remodeled....lol.

I know a guy 😎

D340522E-9355-42AC-BF09-E10C3CB0EF2F.jpeg

12E22A4F-3CA8-4384-AC63-30728AF13DD5.jpeg

150FC354-1DD6-4F00-A066-20AEAA9F87F6.jpeg

EA8C46AD-1B6C-4DFF-9C10-97A6D5FDFFAF.jpeg

2 hours ago, pennywise said:

I know a guy 😎

D340522E-9355-42AC-BF09-E10C3CB0EF2F.jpeg

12E22A4F-3CA8-4384-AC63-30728AF13DD5.jpeg

150FC354-1DD6-4F00-A066-20AEAA9F87F6.jpeg

EA8C46AD-1B6C-4DFF-9C10-97A6D5FDFFAF.jpeg

that Legit, looks great

Kraftmade.

These were about $4k off the top of my head.

Love my garage now.

20170306_214124.jpg

20170323_094952.jpg

20170531_093936.jpg

20170531_094002.jpg

Hot Damn!!! Great ideas gentlemen. I have one weeks worth of hunting so far on your great advice above. While I’m searching these products, if anyone else has any suggestions, I’m all ears. 

I don't like cabinets. I would just build a room for storage I think it makes a cleaner garage.

8 hours ago, orange crush said:

I don't like cabinets. I would just build a room for storage I think it makes a cleaner garage.

Cabinets make sense to me if you don't want your stuff getting dusty. They take up to much space imo and require room to swing open.

I did the new age ones. You can get them through Homedepot too. Looks much better when its not lived in.

2.thumb.jpg.9d66f8ba5a68af90011f8613ffb5413a.jpg

Went with New Age. Bought them directly from the company. I'm pretty happy with the fit and finish and I really liked the price...right at $2500. 

20190127_145549.jpg

20190131_165454.jpg

3 hours ago, Al Lee said:

I did the new age ones. You can get them through Homedepot too. Looks much better when its not lived in.

2.thumb.jpg.9d66f8ba5a68af90011f8613ffb5413a.jpg

Did the urinal come with the cabinets ?

1 hour ago, i8sand said:

Did the urinal come with the cabinets ?

No sir. But id give up the cabinets before I gave that up. Best $250 to put in a garage

For the low end guys, don’t get these prices of crap. We have them at work and you have to kick them closed every time because they are so flimsy.

3A5286D1-4DE5-48A1-9493-E27AF6146337.jpeg

The urinal in the man cave is bad ass. BigSammy when you dealt direct did you have the option of fitting your exact space instead of say ordering the 244” off Amazon?