Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 6/22/19 what are you doing this weekend?

Working today. Tomorrow TBD.

you all have fun n be safe.

:gd:

:sail:

Well this weekend started out with a bang woke up Friday with a sore throat. We’re going to Flemings to celebrate our 12 th anniversary tonight.  Sunday the plan is to rest up and watch some Neck Car in Sonoma.  Everyone have a great and safe weekend.  

working in garage today.

Enjoying my last week off from work. Took the last 2 weeks off and went to Florida with the family to do the whole Disney experience. Got a physical and dental work done yesterday. Got blood work done today. Toyota put new brakes on my wife's car but it's making a grinding noise now. Going to take back to have it looked at when she gets off work today. Going to spatchcock a chicken tonight. Started a diet on Wednesday and I'm already burned out on chicken.

Tomorrow, just hang out.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Andrew

New Pump on the  Pool... Moving things around to get Toyhauler up for sale soon..

Posted (edited)

Working....kinda.  In central PA for a machine start up that is taking longer than expected.  Found a pretty legit local brewery to help sooth things. Gorilla from Manilla, 10% IPA, smooth as silk! Solid chow too.

Ever Grain Brewery, Camp Hill PA.

8AE808F4-124C-4FE3-97C6-ED2BB369AE4A.jpeg

Edited by Kraut_n_Rice

Posted (edited)

Working since Monday. Been forced at work since Wednesday. Started in Dulzura (San Diego county) to Yucaipa, Beaumont, and now in beautiful Anza.

Edited by xtracrispy

Putting new main springs on front of YXZ. Going 1 step softer. Front is pretty close to what I want right now. Then going to Oceanside Harbor with daughter / son in law for their B-Day fish and chips with beers. May brush pool tomorrow. Or not.

Installed closet today for a board members brother still have to install the mirror dog knocked it over when loading up so have to get a new one, now sitting around having a cold on. OT tomorrow

20190622_112218.jpg

20190622_112200.jpg

Posted (edited)

Jenks lake working 

2995EA9A-F1D8-413F-8D73-FF0427FA7B87.jpeg

5C89CA2E-2DF8-4627-AEAF-DD3C6171EA21.jpeg

Edited by davyjones

Doing a little jump rope, watching this man, Justin Cooper, take his first overall win in the 250 class.  He gave everything he had,  so much that he had to take a knee to get his breath, he thought he might pass out.   That’s a stud.  

843D33D1-4FA0-48BD-AFC6-8F4799C251B2.jpeg

I know exactly how he feels. Going anaerobic.   I’ve never been more tired in my whole life than from racing motocross. Been a long time since I went THAT deep. Boy I miss it.  

Working! Just got done looking at 15,000 tons of Bluefin!

4 hours ago, davyjones said:

Jenks lake working 

Those are really cool photos!  I'm somebody who is attracted to industrial or mechanical photos, and also would rather drive through an industrial area much more than North Scottsdale (Arizona's Newport Beach).

I went to the gym this morning.  Thinking about this Saturday topic, I had my phone ready for photos.  I did take 1 photo of an old man (ME) lifting a large amount of weight and full-stacking a machine, but I'm not sure if I should even post that photo because I'm not trying to brag.  It's just an easy machine for me.  

So I also took some cool macro photography photos in the gym.  Macro photography can be a hobby in itself.  It's closeup photography that helps you to see things in a totally different light.  These are the 3 best ones I took.

PlanetFitnessMacro1.jpg

PlanetFitnessMacro2.jpg

PlanetFitnessMacro3.jpg

Well I pulled the engine on my boat...

76190043-1840-435C-B647-F9349363E3D7.jpeg

835C22DD-0424-40FD-9C1B-5B3673245BAD.jpeg

F25CF6A5-883C-4DE0-9006-6673ED39EC64.jpeg

FC7B7191-47F4-449C-8B3E-D8C7EB77587F.jpeg

6172FD9E-3CD0-456C-9809-D573119F8A1B.jpeg

Posted (edited)

🐒Did an all day DIY class taught by Paul Frank 

Edited by Hexnutz
Because

10 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Working today. Tomorrow TBD.

you all have fun n be safe.

:gd:

:sail:

TBD- Take Babette Dancing, omg how fun thank you 

Finally got the car up on Jack's and started the off season prep. This will be my first time going through the car in depth since I purchased it about 2 years ago.  The car has been great but it is an older car and I figured it could use some love. Always open to advice/recommendations. Let me know what you guys are doing for off season prep! 

Also the major issue Im having with the car at this time is a misfire/backfire. The car makes about 5 pounds of boost and then begins to pop and backfire severely.  The Dyno shop I took it to  could not figure out the issue. I dont want to run another season with a car that craps out on  boost. Has anybody experienced this issue before ? Motor is 2.5l turbo subaru. 

20190622_181526.jpg

20190622_145828.jpg

20190622_145815.jpg

Put some new tire shades on the DP.

IMG_0476.jpg

Took care of the wife today..

54 minutes ago, Hexnutz said:

TBD- Take Babette Dancing, omg how fun thank you 

Well, arn"t you the clever one.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Those are really cool photos!  I'm somebody who is attracted to industrial or mechanical photos, and also would rather drive through an industrial area much more than North Scottsdale (Arizona's Newport Beach).

Thanks . Sometimes the daily grind does produce some artistic shots 

6E8CCC91-1070-4AE7-8E5F-A662B121E726.jpeg

A2C53B22-38FF-45D9-9F85-35869EAD272D.jpeg

Edited by davyjones

Put all 8 shocks back on the sand rail today.  A good days work for an old retired guy.

Took them all off a few weeks ago and had them rebuilt by Fox.

Easier taking them off than putting them back on.

Cruising around baja with friends and family 

20190622_144510.jpg

20190622_181554.jpg

5 hours ago, JFrancis20 said:

Finally got the car up on Jack's and started the off season prep. This will be my first time going through the car in depth since I purchased it about 2 years ago.  The car has been great but it is an older car and I figured it could use some love. Always open to advice/recommendations. Let me know what you guys are doing for off season prep! 

Also the major issue Im having with the car at this time is a misfire/backfire. The car makes about 5 pounds of boost and then begins to pop and backfire severely.  The Dyno shop I took it to  could not figure out the issue. I dont want to run another season with a car that craps out on  boost. Has anybody experienced this issue before ? Motor is 2.5l turbo subaru. 

20190622_181526.jpg

20190622_145828.jpg

20190622_145815.jpg

Have you tried new spark plugs yet?