Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 6/22/19 what are you doing this weekend?

Upgraded my Traxxas Stampede to a +2 longer and mid motor conversion chassis to handle the sand better

8EC4E13F-DBFB-4E28-B9C8-B9359C48CA60.jpeg

C8DE5B73-BDC6-4AEC-99FA-8BD22D4C3D0E.jpeg

C92CE5CD-3124-4284-A609-6DD9B6BC5608.jpeg

Been a busy weekend so far. Mowed the lawn , dropped the SxS off for a complete fluid change. Had the dodge detailed and took pictures so I can get it sold. That was yesterday, today I am going to take it a little easier.

Changed oil on DP, 24 quarts of fun. Fueled it up, 75 gallons of fun, Checked it all out, loaded Harley in trailer, greased bearings, etc. Leave Friday for 10 days in durango/Silverton. All the while extra car broke down had to walk to get a battery and swap in parking lot.

20190622_145605.jpg

20190622_141005.jpg

13 hours ago, JFrancis20 said:

Finally got the car up on Jack's and started the off season prep. This will be my first time going through the car in depth since I purchased it about 2 years ago.  The car has been great but it is an older car and I figured it could use some love. Always open to advice/recommendations. Let me know what you guys are doing for off season prep! 

Also the major issue Im having with the car at this time is a misfire/backfire. The car makes about 5 pounds of boost and then begins to pop and backfire severely.  The Dyno shop I took it to  could not figure out the issue. I dont want to run another season with a car that craps out on  boost. Has anybody experienced this issue before ? Motor is 2.5l turbo subaru. 

20190622_181526.jpg

20190622_145828.jpg

20190622_145815.jpg

Call John at Outfront motorsports. I believe he is a sponsor on here.

https://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/

way cool

2 hours ago, MWB said:

Been a busy weekend so far. Mowed the lawn , dropped the SxS off for a complete fluid change. Had the dodge detailed and took pictures so I can get it sold. That was yesterday, today I am going to take it a little easier.

If it's a white one, there's a member here looking for one.

22 hours ago, xtracrispy said:

Working since Monday. Been forced at work since Wednesday. Started in Dulzura (San Diego county) to Yucaipa, Beaumont, and now in beautiful Anza.

Geez wtf do you do for work

52 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

That sure is a wide range of areas, but I bet it's fun.

Posted a bunch af crap for cheap on craigs to get it gone.

Dealing with flakes all weekend.

Ready to just take it all to habitat for humanity and be done....

11 minutes ago, endobear said:

Really hate the way Craigslist buyers are. No shows, low ball texts, and when they do show it's usually after dark. 

34 minutes ago, endobear said:

Ugh. I’ve got a bunch of stuff that can go up but I’m not ready for the craigslist life.  

2 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Cal Fire. Downside of a statewide agency is we can be sent anywhere in California. 

17 hours ago, JFrancis20 said:

Finally got the car up on Jack's and started the off season prep. This will be my first time going through the car in depth since I purchased it about 2 years ago.  The car has been great but it is an older car and I figured it could use some love. Always open to advice/recommendations. Let me know what you guys are doing for off season prep! 

Also the major issue Im having with the car at this time is a misfire/backfire. The car makes about 5 pounds of boost and then begins to pop and backfire severely.  The Dyno shop I took it to  could not figure out the issue. I dont want to run another season with a car that craps out on  boost. Has anybody experienced this issue before ? Motor is 2.5l turbo subaru. 

20190622_181526.jpg

20190622_145828.jpg

20190622_145815.jpg

Like mentioned try new plug but gsp then down to 28 thousands. Plug don't last to long on a turbo motor in the dunes. I like copper core NGK TR55's. 

I would also find s new "tuner", if he can't figure out why you are missing and popping he probably can't figure out if it's because your running lean under boost. 

3 hours ago, xtracrispy said:

Cal Fire. Downside of a statewide agency is we can be sent anywhere in California. 

You’ll fit in just fine up here, a calfire BC just moved in down the road

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Really hate the way Craigslist buyers are. No shows, low ball texts, and when they do show it's usually after dark. 

Yeah. Its a pain. Dont want any of these bottom  feeders coming to my house so  I have to load up the crap and meet them down my hill. About 10 minutes each way.  Not a huge deal but some things need to be trailered. Its been raining for 2 days and I live on a dirt road. Tarping is a pain.

Im fine offers but show the hell up when we agree on a price and time.  Pricks.

Edited by endobear

4 hours ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

Ugh. I’ve got a bunch of stuff that can go up but I’m not ready for the craigslist life.  

It sucks. 

Glamis Saturday-Sunday.  Small group out there.  Only saw 1 other rig besides our camp.  

Devin, OC Jeff, Scotty, Ride Red on 3 and my buddy Kevin.  Coleman lantern ran all night!  Still cooking when I woke up.

20190623_062213.jpg

20190622_151534.jpg

20190622_171922.jpg

20190622_185756.jpg

20190622_225351.jpg

20190623_064359.jpg

20190623_070047.jpg

20190623_064406.jpg

4 hours ago, Bansh88 said:

20190622_185756.jpg

20190623_064359.jpg

20190623_070047.jpg

Ah man ATC250R, when I see a nice pretty much stock one I get chills. I loved riding them, at least that's how I remember it being. A long weekend in rough sand might change my mind at this age....but what sweet machines in smooth sand.

Looked like a fun trip.