Sign in to follow this  
SCHMIDTY

Slow GD server??

Is it just me ? Or is the server for GD super slow?? I have no problems with any other sites, but it literally takes 15 seconds to load a page , sometimes longer. What is the dealio? 

it is agonizingly slow. 56k days.

roughly 45 seconds for a click to register

I just thought it was my phone.  Thought apple just wanted me to update again 🙄

4 minutes ago, 1slomofo said:

it is agonizingly slow. 56k days.

roughly 45 seconds for a click to register

i was going to write almost a minute to load, but I didn't want  to seem dramatic, but it is painfully slow. Hopefully the good guys are on it.

Same problem here. 

I thought it might be my phone also, it was quite slow yesterday.   Thanks for the feedback.  Lets see if the magic man can remove the restrictor plate.  

Yesterday afternoon and into the evening was terrible.  I thought my WiFi was slow.  Got out of that and went straight phone.  Wasn’t any better.   I couldn’t even post about the site being slow.  Looks like it’s better today.   

Seems to be flowing right now...let’s see how she does later on this afternoon.  👍

10 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

Is it just me ? Or is the server for GD super slow?? I have no problems with any other sites, but it literally takes 15 seconds to load a page , sometimes longer. What is the dealio? 

It's not just you!

The last few days it has been so bad that I just cancel the request for the display after a few seconds. This is either a server problem or the ISP is just overwhelmed.

Even when it works it is much slower that other web sites I frequent.

I get SSL handshake errors because the Certificate is undefined. This causes the site to time out a few times everyday and I have to select to bypass the security warning (mark as exception) to even browse GD.

Has been this way since the last Board Software upgrade. 🤬

12 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

I get SSL handshake errors because the Certificate is undefined. This causes the site to time out a few times everyday and I have to select to bypass the security warning (mark as exception) to even browse GD.

Has been this way since the last Board Software upgrade. 🤬

That happens when people link images in the chat box that start with http: instead of https:

Also embedded YouTube vids show the same error message in a window, while everything else looks fine.