CHRIS J

did i miss something? what happened to this site?

its clunky to use and all old data is gone. 

sorry if i missed something.

agreed....not a fan.  I've been here a lot less since the upgrade.

~jw

While I do like the old version better, I think F.B. and other social media outlets are more to blame for the decline in traffic here. Also over the years a lot of the group has moved on, and are not as active here.....or in the dunes for that matter. The whole scene has changed in recent years, a new generation is taking over, little by little. Buckle up, chit is going to get worse...... lol

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The looney duner said:

While I do like the old version better, I think F.B. and other social media outlets are more to blame for the decline in traffic here. Also over the years a lot of the group has moved on, and are not as active here.....or in the dunes for that matter. The whole scene has changed in recent years, a new generation is taking over, little by little. Buckle up, chit is going to get worse...... lol

You're going to hear that there are all kinds of new members all the time. The reality is these "new members" don't post so not a lot going on here to read. 

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

I have never had a big online presence until the last year with joining Instagram and still not big on it, but this site I enjoy frequenting.  👍🏽  I feel like I’ve made a few new friends even tho I’ve never met them face to face. Maybe one day

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, B0NES said:

I have never had a big online presence until the last year with joining Instagram and still not big on it, but this site I enjoy frequenting.  👍🏽  I feel like I’ve made a few new friends even tho I’ve never met them face to face. Maybe one day

No instagram, no facebook, no myspace. This is the extent of my social media. It started because i started here before facebook and myspace. All my friends i went to the desert with were here (before that it was atving.com chatroom) For the most part they are all gone, most all have moved, quit when they got married/had kids. Etc. but new people on here became my glamis friends ( i have a seperate hardpack group that doesn't come on here). Now im the married with kids and dealing with a wife with conflicting schedule (works saturdays) dance soccer and baseball. We make only a few weekend trips a year and lots of day trips, all superstition/plaster city. But when i feel the kids are ready (more when im ready, see  too much carnage in the sand). 

I barely remember the old board format. I notice the recent change of seperate classified etc. doesnt really phase me.  but at least gd.com isnt collecting all my data and selling it to china

Edited by sausage450r

2 minutes ago, B0NES said:

Since joining in late 2018, the only person I have ever met face to face is Devin at the Beach Store.  But I do have one particular friend here who I'm pretty sure I'm going to meet at Buttercup.  We've talked on the phone a lot, and I found out he's a huge fan of Butter Cup.  I'm interested in Butter Cup too as a way to get me more interested in real duning runs instead of just tooling around the periphery and the small dunes.

Overall, regarding the website interaction, it's entertaining as long as you look for topics that you're interested in.  No one can be interested in every topic here.  I prefer the ones regarding OHV destinations and information on what people did there, lots of photos or videos, and definitely humor.  One person who I appreciate but never said it before is @onanysunday, because he finds the coolest videos.

2 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

We make only a few weekend trips a year and lots of day trips, all superstition/plaster city

It’s been a while since I’ve been to superstition. My group usually stays in the sand. When I make the switch to a 4 seater next year I’m going for a dual sport car that I can take to the hard pack also. 

3 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

No one can be interested in every topic here.  I prefer the ones regarding OHV destinations and information on what people did there, lots of photos or videos, and definitely humor.  One person who I appreciate but never said it before is @onanysunday, because he finds the coolest videos.

I agree. I always enjoy your comments because you are always positive, never negative, even in the negative posts. I appreciate that. I take notice.  

1 minute ago, B0NES said:

I agree. I always enjoy your comments because you are always positive, never negative, even in the negative posts. I appreciate that. I take notice.  

Thanks very much!!  There was only one topic I got angry on.  I hope they deleted that topic, but even if it comes back, I actually changed my stance on that issue :)

But back to the main topic... what the hell happened to all the classifieds??? And there’s a time limit on them now too? Who’s trying to kill this site??  Half my fun was looking at all the buggies for sale. Even if they had sold... now there alllllll gonnnnne.... 😞

16 minutes ago, B0NES said:

But back to the main topic... what the hell happened to all the classifieds??? And there’s a time limit on them now too? Who’s trying to kill this site??  Half my fun was looking at all the buggies for sale. Even if they had sold... now there alllllll gonnnnne.... 😞

They are not all gone they are in the buy and sell. The Classified  was kind of a experiment that is not working for us as well as the new post format. Stay tuned.

37 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

Thanks very much!!  There was only one topic I got angry on.  I hope they deleted that topic, but even if it comes back, I actually changed my stance on that issue :)

i got 5$ for 5 peeps to be my friend 

16 minutes ago, B0NES said:

I checked my April 6th post for SxS parts.  It's still there, but it has been locked. I'm sure it's for good reason.  Maybe people sell things and don't delete their topics, so dormant topics get locked.  At least I saved my info tonight in a text file after lowering the prices, and I will re-create the topic very soon.

Thanks for mentioning the classifieds.

2 hours ago, The looney duner said:

You are right, most forums are dead - It seems only the Motorsports forums survive and its mainly because of "tech articles and discussions"  you can get You tube videos on non Sand related tech, other than high performance cars and boats - yeah pretty much they are gone....

I don't think the new look hurt anything, its never been great on mobile IMO

This was always a tight community- even before I joined I snooped for years, back then it was like this was a personal forum for some Glamis crew...

Its more spare, but it is surviving even if its starting to get too politically correct

while I miss the builds a lot - but I guess no one builds anymore - they either write a check or buy used...

You aren't going to get tech or real discussion on Face  less book, and Instagram is neat for small pic I can only see on my phone so I still enjoy coming here and discussing and viewing and yeah I have friends on here and its good to see what they are doing and stay up on the trends, but yeah a lot of "personalities" have moved on

and lets face it there are so many SxS sites, if thats your thing you are probably spending lots of time there

What do you mean less people in the dunes? less GD people? sure not less people - its crazy out there...

The Glamis scene has changed at least 3x since I started going in the late 80's ... 2000 was the peak of nuts .. not just that the spring break crowd found glamis but the partying was nuts... it calmed down then in 2005 the LS buggy craze was ON... then by 2009 that slowed down due to economy, then the SxS revolution, and I have seen similar changes to the site, and the censorship and PC attitude that is just a symptom of our failing society... at least IMO

I still enjoy it  - the connection to Mother G is here I cannot go a day without stopping by...

1 minute ago, fullthrottleguy said:

You are right, most forums are dead - It seems only the Motorsports forums survive and its mainly because of "tech articles and discussions"  you can get You tube videos on non Sand related tech, other than high performance cars and boats - yeah pretty much they are gone....

I don't think the new look hurt anything, its never been great on mobile IMO

This was always a tight community- even before I joined I snooped for years, back then it was like this was a personal forum for some Glamis crew...

Its more spare, but it is surviving even if its starting to get too politically correct

while I miss the builds a lot - but I guess no one builds anymore - they either write a check or buy used...

You aren't going to get tech or real discussion on Face  less book, and Instagram is neat for small pic I can only see on my phone so I still enjoy coming here and discussing and viewing and yeah I have friends on here and its good to see what they are doing and stay up on the trends, but yeah a lot of "personalities" have moved on

and lets face it there are so many SxS sites, if thats your thing you are probably spending lots of time there

What do you mean less people in the dunes? less GD people? sure not less people - its crazy out there...

The Glamis scene has changed at least 3x since I started going in the late 80's ... 2000 was the peak of nuts .. not just that the spring break crowd found glamis but the partying was nuts... it calmed down then in 2005 the LS buggy craze was ON... then by 2009 that slowed down due to economy, then the SxS revolution, and I have seen similar changes to the site, and the censorship and PC attitude that is just a symptom of our failing society... at least IMO

I still enjoy it  - the connection to Mother G is here I cannot go a day without stopping by...

I just wish I could have experienced that Glamis history.

I also have no social media computer life other than this site . I personally have no use for social media . I think the site is great . I have nothing to compare it to 

I still keep this site pinned and stop by a couple of times a day. I think most of the old crew is still here but there just doesn't seem to be a lot going on around here these days.. Would be nice if there were some new build threads to keep an eye on. As far as the site..I hated when it changed to the new format but now I don't recall what the old format was like so I don't think it's an issue..It's also summer and people are doing other things..just my 2 cents..

There is a website called "Wayback Machine"

https://web.archive.org/

Enter http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision in the search box and you can see what the site used to look like at different years and months :)

Still good, but now it's just a few topics a day, but it's summer And hopefully the boat pics of tan milfs will get posted...

This site was all thins glamis. I frequent it for just that.

even though traffic clowednin recent years this new change may have sent it over the edge. I sure hope not

9 hours ago, Stugots said:

They are not all gone they are in the buy and sell. The Classified  was kind of a experiment that is not working for us as well as the new post format. Stay tuned.

You know I will. I’m not going anywhere. 😉

If the 'new posts' could go back to how it was, I'd be fairly happy.

Glad I got here as early as I did.  Made some great friends and camping buddies.  Hard to go to Glamis without bumping into someone.

10 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

i got 5$ for 5 peeps to be my friend 

Mail me my $5 first, then................

11 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Since joining in late 2018, the only person I have ever met face to face is Devin at the Beach Store.  But I do have one particular friend here who I'm pretty sure I'm going to meet at Buttercup.  We've talked on the phone a lot, and I found out he's a huge fan of Butter Cup.  I'm interested in Butter Cup too as a way to get me more interested in real duning runs instead of just tooling around the periphery and the small dunes.

Overall, regarding the website interaction, it's entertaining as long as you look for topics that you're interested in.  No one can be interested in every topic here.  I prefer the ones regarding OHV destinations and information on what people did there, lots of photos or videos, and definitely humor.  One person who I appreciate but never said it before is @onanysunday, because he finds the coolest videos.

Buttercup is  nice, but it is the same ole thing over and over and over.

If you want real dune runs, Glamis is to the place to go.

We did Buttercup only for years and got tired of it.

Glamis never gets old.