davyjones

Jones brothers new build

Kevin build is a Turbo400 trans, think he had a 9'' in it then coverted the 9'' to the Jeff fields Diff only, 

we are going to do a build next year for a friend, to see if we can keep the cost down we are doing a Mid Engine Turbo-400 but going with the Cury 9'' 10'' housing setup for 934, the build will have a Ford style 9'' but the actual ring and pinion with be a Pro-10'' that fits in the 9'' housing with some trimming 3rd member is by Strang and was in a Top Alcohol dragster,  

2 minutes ago, J Alper said:

Kevin build is a Turbo400 trans, think he had a 9'' in it then coverted the 9'' to the Jeff fields Diff only, 

we are going to do a build next year for a friend, to see if we can keep the cost down we are doing a Mid Engine Turbo-400 but going with the Cury 9'' 10'' housing setup for 934, the build will have a Ford style 9'' but the actual ring and pinion with be a Pro-10'' that fits in the 9'' housing with some trimming 3rd member is by Strang and was in a Top Alcohol dragster,  

I remember Ray from Desert Rat built a 4 seater with a supercharged V8 mid engine mated to a power glide( I think) and a Strange 9” diff with 934 flanges. The motor sat in the area where the back seats would be. 

22 hours ago, dbart said:

Oh...extra car for family and Friends

Do you need any more friends? 

An extra toy for Family and Friends is a lot like having a keg of beer in your garage,  You will eventually will find out that everybody who drinks beer in the neighborhood wants to be your friend

8 hours ago, J Alper said:

Kevin had a glide with the fields diff . Now he has a glide with the remnants of  a fields diff 🤣

19 minutes ago, davyjones said:

Kevin had a glide with the fields diff . Now he has a glide with the remnants of  a fields diff 🤣

I think it's more of a glide with a fields convertible diff

You mean open diff ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, danbalz said:

You mean open diff ?

You right it is an open diff . Look you can see in the picture

E306C4B9-A067-451E-B96D-FEB37398B029.jpeg

Edited by davyjones

On 6/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, davyjones said:

Jason  my desert dynamics is not the one in the ad tagged in this thread . Mine has a fields auto which im happy with . Im pretty sure im building the buggy works now that my house remodel is close to finished 

I don’t remember what Kevin’s car scaled at when we 4wheels scaled it . I’d like to think careful placement of parts and length I could get a 2 seat alum mid to scale close to 40/60  Maybe not 

my car now is pretty much 40/60 bias.  40% front/60% rear. total weight is 3346 full of fuel.

It's pretty hard to beat the handling of a balanced mid engine. My X3 (pics below) is 2979 lbs wet, 40.5% front and  59.5% rear.