J Alper

The road to Idaho True or False Towing

Was talking with a friend of mine and he told me that NHP was pulling over Truck-5th wheel, for the improper driver license in the Moapa NV area,

leaving for Idaho in July and looks like I am going to try to get my Class A Non Commercial before the trip,  not sure If I can get it done by then so hope this is not true, 

for the NV peeps this is the link for the class A B and J    

https://dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dlbookabj.pdf

i know you'll need a permit in idaho, just send me 29.95 and i'll get it for ya

:bigrin

you playing in the dunes here ?

They have to have a violation to stop you. They can't just pull you over to check license status. 

21 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

They have to have a violation to stop you. They can't just pull you over to check license status. 

Your tail light flickered

48 minutes ago, Legit Duner said:

Your tail light flickered

If they operate like the BLM yes but real cops are usually plenty busy and there are more idiot to stop then time in a day so targeting a small group of people for out of class license doesn't sound like something to get to worried about. 

This sounds like the stopping of overlangth rig threads we get every year. My friend's cousin's ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend over heard a guy at 7-11 say his friends mom's boyfriend's best friend works with this dude that got stopped for having the wrong license. 

10 hours ago, J Alper said:

Was talking with a friend of mine and he told me that NHP was pulling over Truck-5th wheel, for the improper driver license in the Moapa NV area,

leaving for Idaho in July and looks like I am going to try to get my Class A Non Commercial before the trip,  not sure If I can get it done by then so hope this is not true, 

for the NV peeps this is the link for the class A B and J    

https://dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dlbookabj.pdf

Sounds like a California story.

13 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

This sounds like the stopping of overlangth rig threads we get every year. My friend's cousin's ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend over heard a guy at 7-11 say his friends mom's boyfriend's best friend works with this dude that got stopped for having the wrong license. 

And no one can ever post a picture of this so called over length or over weight ticket. 

Don't forget- If you are in an accident and over length or weight your insurance will DENY the claim! 

I love the internet.

MAbehnf the curtain.png

Where is the Wizard whom can answer this question?

@BaBaBouy

14 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

MAbehnf the curtain.png

@BaBaBouy

Pay no attention the the man behind the curtain..

I remember reading the thread years and years ago. It was about somebody towing a weekend warrior out of class and overweight. They got in an accident and lost EVERYTHING. No names given, no dates, nothing.

So my question is this: Do you guys think that the ahole that wrote that thread just sits back and laughs his ass off every time this comes up??

27 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

I remember reading the thread years and years ago. It was about somebody towing a weekend warrior out of class and overweight. They got in an accident and lost EVERYTHING. No names given, no dates, nothing.

So my question is this: Do you guys think that the ahole that wrote that thread just sits back and laughs his ass off every time this comes up??

He probably does.

:lol:

was reading the class A license see if I get it done,

now this is a true and verified story Sandrashouch did get pulled over on I-160 leaving Tecopa Rd, got pulled over due to NHP thinking he was over length was not speeding and measured it and was under the NV 70 foot, but got a fix it ticket for no Class B license on his Phaton DP,   NHP reminded him that he could have towed the Moho and the trailer,  I don't think any fines issues but was pulled over for no other reason than driving the Moho,  

Posted (edited)

Is the Phaeton a tag axle? As far as I have been able to come up with in regards to motorhomes, in CA, until you go to a tag axle, which puts you into a different weight classification, it is not necessary to get a class B license to drive the motorhome. Even with the air brakes. Honestly I think it should given the sheer size and weight of these things, but ok I guess? I made sure to have my 5th wheel endorsement for my class C with my old 5th wheel so with now having a diesel pusher, I wanted to make sure to keep my license stuff correct.

Edited by ElCaminoManT

11 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

If they operate like the BLM yes but real cops are usually plenty busy and there are more idiot to stop then time in a day so targeting a small group of people for out of class license doesn't sound like something to get to worried about. 

Out here in east county (San Diego) they have a team of CHP trucks that do nothing but this. All they do is target semi's. Maybe things are different for semi drivers. IDK but I could see targeting certain "vehicles" as a real thing.

I know that guy..........

3 hours ago, ElCaminoManT said:

Is the Phaeton a tag axle? As far as I have been able to come up with in regards to motorhomes, in CA, until you go to a tag axle, which puts you into a different weight classification, it is not necessary to get a class B license to drive the motorhome. Even with the air brakes. Honestly I think it should given the sheer size and weight of these things, but ok I guess? I made sure to have my 5th wheel endorsement for my class C with my old 5th wheel so with now having a diesel pusher, I wanted to make sure to keep my license stuff correct.

In Nevada anything with Air Brakes needs a Non Commercial class B, towing under 10,001 lbs

Class A for anything towing over 10,000

https://dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dlbookabj.pdf   this is the classification and the weight you can tow non commercial in NV, 

In California it is anything over 41' or over 10,000 bumper 15,000 or larger 5th will need a class B https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/dl648/dl648pt2

3 hours ago, ElCaminoManT said:

single axle, was pulled over on the I-160 that's in Nevada

On 6/27/2019 at 9:52 AM, CRUSTY said:

MAbehnf the curtain.png

@BaBaBouy

Jes.

15 hours ago, J Alper said:

In Nevada anything with Air Brakes needs a Non Commercial class B, towing under 10,001 lbs

Class A for anything towing over 10,000

https://dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dlbookabj.pdf   this is the classification and the weight you can tow non commercial in NV, 

In California it is anything over 41' or over 10,000 bumper 15,000 or larger 5th will need a class B https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/dl648/dl648pt2

Class A  Non-commercial for California 

I got pulled over on the 405 towing a 35' flatbed trailer with my dually.  CHP said I did an 'un-safe lane change'   Interesting since I hadn't changed lanes in 15 miles.  He was checking to see if I had my Class A license.  He took one look at my license (Class A) and let me off with a warning.

looking at Instagram, looks like Matt had no issue on the drive up, going to get my class A but just don't know if I have enough time before my trip in 3 weeks

so if your state doesn't offer a non commercial A or B licence can they write you a ticket in their state or do they require you to get a commercial licence ???

Every November I goto vegas for the Street Car Super Nationals.  for a couple of years a few of the Pro Mod teams were getting pulled over (In Nevada by the NHP) & given tickets for having Commercial Rigs, but they did not have CDL's.  They were all coming in from up north (Washington & Oregon).  These were the rigs that had huge pictures of their race cars on the side that said "D-D Racing" (as an example).  They would say that they were not professional teams & the NHP would say "if you win $, your a professional team.  Show me your tax return & prove that you dont write off expenses & I will let you go".  Clearly no one has those documents, so they got tickets.  FWIW...... I have seen one of these tickets with my own eyes, but that was it, only one.... 

As a side note............. If you do win money all of the Orgs submit 1099's to the IRS, so if your not claiming your winnings, your kind of *****ing yourself............ 

Oh man. I don’t know how I missed this. I love these threads. I can’t bring much to the table here besides:

your insurance will cover you

they need a reason to stop you. 

You won’t go to prison.

I have my class A. Don't worry everyone! I will drive all your chit up there for a small fee! 😜