SCHMIDTY

PISMO to CLOSE??

Posted (edited)

I read a facebook post by one of the RV camps, that  said PARKs-n-REC dept.  is meeting to work out the details to "in their words".. "Permanently Close Oceano Dunes" in light of the last shooting there. 

Has anyone else heard anything about this?   news link

Edited by SCHMIDTY

I read through all the comments on FB.  Sounds like they want to develop the area. Sad.

Nope.............but.................that would certainly suck. I wonder if they've ever considered closing Chicago?

I stopped going there long ago, as the experience was just not good any longer with all the riders on rentals who were  just clueless.  It was  no longer safe with all the morons with access to power-sports. So to me personally, it won't matter.. However I also know that any ground given up to endless fight with environmentalists, etc  (who will just use the shooting as a reason) will just embolden them to go after other areas next.. So peripherally , it does matter. 

30 minutes ago, SCHMIDTY said:

I stopped going there long ago, as the experience was just not good any longer with all the riders on rentals who were  just clueless.  It was  no longer safe with all the morons with access to power-sports. So to me personally, it won't matter.. However I also know that any ground given up to endless fight with environmentalists, etc  (who will just use the shooting as a reason) will just embolden them to go after other areas next.. So peripherally , it does matter. 

Well said!

1 hour ago, SCHMIDTY said:

I read a facebook post by one of the RV camps, that  said PARKs-n-REC dept.  is meeting to work out the details to "in their words".. "Permanently Close Oceano Dunes" in light of the last shooting there. 

Has anyone else heard anything about this?   news link

Typical Shitty News report. I hate the News.

Coastal Commission and Local Residents have been using OHV Dust as their reason to close the area down, Rangers placed hay bales and netting in key areas to help appease their concerns a year ago (If i recall). Science-based reports have already shown the dust issue is wide spread and natural in nature, not solely OHV related.

Restricting Night time riding is on the discussion table, who knows why. Most likely just a way to help Rangers keep place safe as possible, easier to manage if nobody rides at night.

The shootings were just some aholes and lucky recent timing, they have nothing to do with the land closures that have been bombarded against OHV's in that area for years......but the News ad Local Residents sure will pick up that banner and march with it...

Two other items they mentions; No more crossing the Creek when the water is flowing to the ocean (would be turned away or have to wait) and Number of Overnight spots reduced to 700 (999 now).

There are some online petitions being shared on the FB pages, it would be better for those who oppose to simply show up in person at that meeting (very soon).

Pismo used to be a great place! Lots of riding and things to see. 

Not so much anymore.

I  heard there is a real trouble maker up there named Jim......he's always causin a ruckus and they just can't handle it anymore....

Actually folks, the script has been written...death by a thousand cuts...first it was the MX courses, then most of the desert, then the dual sports,  then most of Glamis, they'll get Pismo, then come after Ocotillo and Glamis again....They have all the power and control.....sad to say, but we can't stop them.

That is what happens when you vote for progressive Democrats....I really hope nobody is surprised...

5 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

I  heard there is a real trouble maker up there named Jim......he's always causin a ruckus and they just can't handle it anymore....

Actually folks, the script has been written...death by a thousand cuts...first it was the MX courses, then most of the desert, then the dual sports,  then most of Glamis, they'll get Pismo, then come after Ocotillo and Glamis again....They have all the power and control.....sad to say, but we can't stop them.

That is what happens when you vote for progressive Democrats....I really hope nobody is surprised...

There's that good ol can do American spirit!  

There's that good ol can do American spirit!  

Been doing this since the late 70s....It's just reality. 

Most people don't give a rats behind about Glamis or the desert...it's just a hobby....so they would rather vote with their union and all the D people. They just move on to another hobby. We haven't won in a LONG time.  Even when we "win" it is just slowing the death.  Look at the stats....everybody with money that retires is leaving this state. The smart young kids are planning out of the state....

The way it works is they say they are closing everything...then we are happy when the only take half.....rinse and repeat.

The off road community rolled over and pissed on themselves with Johnson Valley.....no reason at all for the Marines to take it other than DiFi wanted to screw us.......she did....so did the douche Cook.....with friends like him, who needs enemies.

Call is pessimism.....whatever...after 40 yrs of getting screwed....I'm tired.

I agree with the reply wholeheartedly above this one .  but it still this is a place to go in the summer to get your Sand fix . This is just another one for the environmentalists  to shut down another OHV riding area . Sad there are so many diss honest people just to get their way ..   Now where is the petition .  Who is part of the OHP community should try to stick up for each other as these battles are never ending

3 minutes ago, DEV'S RZR said:

I agree with the reply wholeheartedly above this one .  but it still this is a place to go in the summer to get your Sand fix . This is just another one for the environmentalists  to shut down another OHV riding area . Sad there are so many diss honest people just to get their way ..   Now where is the petition .  Who is part of the OHP community should try to stick up for each other as these battles are never ending

Like said psimo is small i know some dont like to ride there or care.We use to go here and there and mainly to escape the heat at home and camp at the beach plus have one of the toys to take a quick spin.

Headed there next month with friends mainly going to take ATCs to play around and will also take my stand up jetski to play in the surf.

1 hour ago, realbadlarry said:

Most people don't give a rats behind about Glamis or the desert...it's just a hobby....so they would rather vote with their union and all the D people. They just move on to another hobby. We haven't won in a LONG time.  Even when we "win" it is just slowing the death.  Look at the stats....everybody with money that retires is leaving this state. The smart young kids are planning out of the state....

The way it works is they say they are closing everything...then we are happy when the only take half.....rinse and repeat.

The off road community rolled over and pissed on themselves with Johnson Valley.....no reason at all for the Marines to take it other than DiFi wanted to screw us.......she did....so did the douche Cook.....with friends like him, who needs enemies.

Glad you cleared that up.  For a minute there I thought you were completely giving up all hope.

THIS IS BAD FOR ALL RECREATION. PLEASE HELP SAVE OCEANO DUNES!!

From the Friends of Oceano Dunes

CALL to ACTION CALL to ACTION

Comments must be received by July 5!!

The Coastal Commission is about to ruin your Holidays at the Oceano Dunes. Summer vacations will be taking a big hit too!

If you have camping reservations for Thanksgiving and/or New Year’s or ANY time after July 11th 2019 at the ODSVRA I suggest you make a back-up plan. 300 camping reservations will be taken away starting July 11, 2019.

That’s right 300 campers will have to stay home. Who’s going to give up their reservation?

Of course all of this is subject to being able to cross the creek. Once the creek is flowing to the ocean, camping will be halted. At least the 700 who make it across the creek will get a quiet night’s sleep since night riding will be prohibited.

The Coastal Commission wants to:

• "Users are not allowed to the southern side of the creek area when the creek may soon connect to the ocean"
  • "700 camping units per night as of July 11, 2019"
  • "All vehicular and OHV activity within ODSVRA shall be prohibited during nighttime hours (i.e., from one-hour after sunset and to one-hour before sunrise)"

The time is now to get involved!

1. Attend the Coastal Commission and speak up. ---This one is important
    Date: Thursday, July 11
    Time: 9 am (show up early)
    333 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
  2. Email your comments to the Commission at OceanoDunesReview@coastal.ca.gov because you know they’d LOVE to hear from you. In addition to your thoughts tell them they need to protect your rights for camping AND OHV use via the Coastal Act.
  3. Give ‘em a ring at (831) 427-4863
  4. Even send a fax (831) 427-4877

ACTION ALERT:
Support S. 1527, the RTP Funding Transparency Act

Legislation has been introduced in the U.S. Senate that would require the U.S. Department of Transportation to conduct an updated study on the total amount of non-highway recreational fuel taxes collected on an annual basis. The data from this study, a study to be conducted every five years thereafter, can then be used to determine how much funding should go towards the Recreational Trails Program (RTP).

The current annual funding for RTP is about $84 million. We believe that the amount of non-highway recreational fuel taxes collected on an annual basis could be upwards to four times that amount. Hence, the need for a new study.

Even with the new information, Congress will still need to make the final decision on how much money should go towards RTP. But having this up to date information will help them as they make this decision and hopefully, increase the RTP budget.

Please write your Senators and ask them to co-sponsor S. 1527. Also ask??them to write to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works to express their support for this legislation.

Senators Klobuchar, Risch, Shaheen, Burr and Van Hollen are the current sponsors of this legislation. If one of them happens to be your Senator, please write and express your appreciation for their leadership on the RTP legislation.

I've never been a political person but this is hitting me in the gut. I and a few other buddies will be in attendance July 11th at the Coastal Commission meeting. This has nothing to do with a shooting and everything to do with Politics. This shows what money and corruption can do. 

First it was the Sierra Club and the Snowy Plover bird, now it's residents complaining of health issues from dust. A developer built custom homes up on the Mesa and cut down all the trees blocking the wind so the future homeowners could have a nice view. Guess what, you built in an area that's windy and right above the dunes. You're going to get dust.  Science has already proven off roading has nothing to do with it but the Coastal Commission has an agenda.  

Even if you don't go to Pismo but are an off roader, please take the time to sign the petition. As was already mentioned, it's only a matter of time before your playground could become a target.  

Posted (edited)

This sucks to see! Even though a lot of people don’t care about Oceano Dunes this is just the beginning to start closing all ohv areas. I’ve been going there for years as all my kids grew up riding there in the summer for our fix between riding seasons. 

Petition signed!

Edited by cali kid

15 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

I've never been a political person but this is hitting me in the gut. I and a few other buddies will be in attendance July 11th at the Coastal Commission meeting. This has nothing to do with a shooting and everything to do with Politics. This shows what money and corruption can do. 

First it was the Sierra Club and the Snowy Plover bird, now it's residents complaining of health issues from dust. A developer built custom homes up on the Mesa and cut down all the trees blocking the wind so the future homeowners could have a nice view. Guess what, you built in an area that's windy and right above the dunes. You're going to get dust.  Science has already proven off roading has nothing to do with it but the Coastal Commission has an agenda.  

Even if you don't go to Pismo but are an off roader, please take the time to sign the petition. As was already mentioned, it's only a matter of time before your playground could become a target.  

AMEN.

Posted (edited)

I AM SOOO OVER THIS F'D UP STATE.  They are trying to do the same thing to Carnegie (popular dirt biking area in Nor CA).   This shit hole state gets worse by the F'n day.  Thank you F'n CA democrats.

Trump actually got parts of CA desert opened back up to OHV use (Spangler Hills).  Sadly he had to give up millions of acres of 'tortoise habitat' to get it opened, but at least some  of it is open.  

BTW, I belong to and donate to Blue Ribbon Coalition, etc, but it never seems to matter.

Edited by 1newbie
typo

Just signed! Been going to Pismo since I was 6 years old(40 years) and would be extremely disappointed if the over controlling politicians win closing it down. My dad retired up there(Nipomo) because we loved riding up there. I'm going to have to get my kids up there as much as possible so they can have great memories of Pismo like I do.

This is real talk... All off roaders are asked to help out and spread the word, donate to the fight by send emails, whatever..

here is the link to Friends of Oceano Dunes...

https://www.oceanodunes.org/

this is such a fun place for the summer time dune fix and camping on the beach cool too .. we have some great memories there 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:47 PM, realbadlarry said:

I heard Arizona is nice!

Well I guess the DOT has nothing better to do!.... the entrance to Pismo... With portable scales and tape measure in hand!;( , great way to meet people on there are four day holiday weekend trip!!!!!

2B15622D-6E09-4C14-85BC-20DB7F9DD561.jpeg