SCHMIDTY

PISMO to CLOSE??

On 6/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, ahipara 55 said:

I heard Arizona is nice!

^^^^headed there tomorrow AM.. Will be spending the weekend up in the hills above Prescott.. Will be doing some more real estate scouting while we're there.. 1 more year.. gone!! Can't wait!! 

12 hours ago, Sumsand said:

Well I guess the DOT has nothing better to do!.... the entrance to Pismo... With portable scales and tape measure in hand!;( , great way to meet people on there are four day holiday weekend trip!!!!!

2B15622D-6E09-4C14-85BC-20DB7F9DD561.jpeg

This is not a surprise there. One year on the way in they were checking vin numbers on all toys. At the time I had my 85 atc 250r their was a news van there and chippy was putting on a show for the camera. He started saying my bike was stolen because their were no vin numbers in sight on the frame or motor that they were ground off so I stopped him and ask him “Do you want me to show you where the vin number is at on these bikes so you’ll know in the future where to check them?” So long story short he sent me on my way.

12 hours ago, SCHMIDTY said:

^^^^headed there tomorrow AM.. Will be spending the weekend up in the hills above Prescott.. Will be doing some more real estate scouting while we're there.. 1 more year.. gone!! Can't wait!! 

Having a house built in Havasu as we speak. Will be done next year and we will transition out of CA. Full removal from this cesspool when the wife retires. Wasn't our original plan but the writing is on the wall. I too cannot wait. This state has been totaled by the Democrats and Illegals. Good luck with the house hunting.

13 hours ago, Sumsand said:

Well I guess the DOT has nothing better to do!.... the entrance to Pismo... With portable scales and tape measure in hand!;( , great way to meet people on there are four day holiday weekend trip!!!!!

2B15622D-6E09-4C14-85BC-20DB7F9DD561.jpeg

WOW - What a DICK MOVE by the DOT CHP.

Park on the OHV beach and check for DOT compliance. AzzKlowns at their finest. This is why people get pissed off, go after the real criminals.

:doh:

38 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

WOW - What a DICK MOVE by the DOT CHP.

Park on the OHV beach and check for DOT compliance. AzzKlowns at their finest. This is why people get pissed off, go after the real criminals.

:doh:

They have been doing this for many years. they use to use to have quad drag wars there during this weekend and they just continue to F*** with everyone rollin. I want to spend my day at work on the beach...

Posted (edited)

Haven't been to Pismo in a long.. long time. It's a postage stamp. Started riding there (before Glamis). You could ride your OHV down the main roads, to the store. You could also do 60 mph and go for miles and miles down to the end of the beach, along the shore and not see anyone.  Turned my 185S into the waves once (Dad was NOT pleased). I'm not sure what the size of the riding area was in the 80's vs. today, but it must have been 50-100 times bigger. At least it felt that way.  

I remember the tree huggers were trying to 'protect' the snowy plover. I don't know what one looks like, but I vowed to kill any I saw, you know so it'd be extinct and they wouldn't have to 'protect it.'

Only thing I didn't like back in the day was the instant rust, but as long as you got on it right after your trip, nothing beats riding and looking at the ocean.. guess you'll have to go to Mexico....

Had a lot of great memories at Pismo.. 

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

I think we lost about 3500 acres in the 80s and I may be 1500 left. I love Pismo. Great place for quick rides, beach camping and great restraunts

how do u get the audio to work?

Looks like it can stay open for one more year and they will have a nother meeting in a year to discuss if it stays open. 

Headed out in 2 weeks gonna take the old stand up jet ski to play in the surf and a quad to putt around friends are all takin older ATCs.Went out last year to play with the ski surf is fun and of of a few spots to legally play in the waves.

the way that committee and some of those elected officials were talking, they want the dunes closed to vehicles. follow the money... somebody is greasing them im sure.  one city council speaker (i forget where) chastised them for scheduling this on a known day that the council is in recess.

I’m sure someone’s brother is a real estate developer. It will be homes some day. I do think it will hurt the local economy if the dunes close. 

The way I see it, we have 12 months to enjoy Oceano Dunes...

Mid-Week trips are the best...

Another Death last weekend....6 so far this year :(

Just like Glamis...

When you cram the same amount of people into a smaller area, guess what happens.

That is very unfortunate, I cant imagine loosing one of my children, especially doing something we all love so much. Unfortunately there are risks in outdoor action activities.

It is also unfortunate this will be used for ammo on closing PISMO dunes. Lets take a look at other activities like Snow Skiing. How many died on Mammoth mountain this year, and how many catastrophic injuries?  This comparison was brought up at that public meeting!

God bless the family of this tragedy.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:50 PM, CRUSTY said:

The way I see it, we have 12 months to enjoy Oceano Dunes...

Mid-Week trips are the best...

Sign the petition to help keep it open.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/protect-our-camping-and-ohv-rights-petition-keep-oceano-dunes-svra-open?fbclid=IwAR33B7M7kqVv783WOee_oOvvVSOf7D8BKNzdmxx9BI0lg17qKTsOp-ppmaI

Kiss it goodbye! I'm shocked it made it this long.