WaPaWeKkA

Camping Chairs - What’s up?

Our camping chairs have seen better days and it’s time to replace/upgrade before next season. Right now, we have a bunch of the Sams Club folding chairs like the one below. Easy to fold and store but they’re just not comfortable to sit in. Anybody have a good quality, comfortable chair they’d recommend? 

10EA39F4-5F1D-4A78-A2E0-E133014E7053.thumb.png.58415e53fdd5491444bc325beea43295.png

Might as well get this Meme over with right now...............at least it's not the drive through teller vid.

tenor.gif

As far as comfort goes, I like Lafuma. At $150 plus, that's a little much for a "camp chair".  Amazon has zero gravity imitations for under $40.

However, the $40 something bungee chairs are pretty comfortable for me.  An added plus, when you want to get out of a bungee chair you just push off and, boinggggg.........yore standing up. Just don't push off too close to the fire. Here's a couple of pics. The Amazon copy and the Walmart Bunjo.

A1Kl-V-RyHL._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg

0a35b7dd-ac3d-408f-b6fc-0fc796fd6731_1.94b6621651e4ebfcbab6b7df7c20c045.jpeg

Ive found 2 "jumbo" chairs at work.  Standard style but much bigger.  Lot more comfy for a big dude.

Some friends are now using the director's chairs with side table. They hold you with no sag and is easier to get out of. 

I like the Coleman. I have been using these for years and just recently bought more just to have. 

Screenshot_20190630-093514_Amazon Shopping.jpg

That's what I have in the trailer, 2 director's chairs. One with a single cup holder, the other with a cup holder and a side table. They're much easier to get in and out of, they sit higher.

I'm going to an outdoor concert tonight and can't get to my director's chairs so I bought a big & tall folding chair from Walmart for $15.88 last night. Since it's taller and wider than the normal ones, it's easier to get out of and more comfortable since you don't touch the corner braces. 

Posted (edited)

not the exact ones we've have ours are from Costco but with this style you don't have to worry about your back getting cold around the fire.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/unbeatablesale/product/TRVAL115794/?sku=TRVAL115794&scid=pla_google_unbeatablesale&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI45mOuNKR4wIVkchkCh3hsQUaEAQYByABEgJBBfD_BwE

Also with the optional folding foot rest it makes it hard to get up and go to bed or so I've been told.

Edited by Bigboot

18 minutes ago, SofaKing said:

As far as comfort goes, I like Lafuma. At $150 plus, that's a little much for a "camp chair".  Amazon has zero gravity imitations for under $40.

However, the $40 something bungee chairs are pretty comfortable for me.  An added plus, when you want to get out of a bungee chair you just push off and, boinggggg.........yore standing up. Just don't push off too close to the fire. Here's a couple of pics. The Amazon copy and the Walmart Bunjo.

I have both of these, and both work great (though the “zero gravity” Amazon special is a bit big folded up. The bungee chair doubles as a cargo net for the Jeep’s roof rack...

25DBB0F9-6B08-46A6-9E31-C671BB671A19.thumb.jpeg.f257df677e4f0efd626f9fd805e9c0b1.jpeg

Me, directors chairs with side table from costco.  My wife likes the zero gravity at costco. When on sale the directors chairs run about 22$ (and last forever) zero gravity are about 80$ on sale, but they are bulky. I no longer waste time/money on the traditional fold ups

D951B2FB-CCC4-441A-965F-628F2BA7E2F8.jpeg

52D4A6D7-ADFC-441D-8C40-E07D11C78A48.jpeg

Home depot has some for $25 they are much better than the $10 folding cheap ones. Just bought 2.

2 hours ago, sinverguenza said:

Some friends are now using the director's chairs with side table. They hold you with no sag and is easier to get out of. 

I like the Coleman. I have been using these for years and just recently bought more just to have. 

Screenshot_20190630-093514_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Been running these Coleman chairs for a couple years now. 

I built these a while back.  Much better than any folding chair.

IMG_1714.thumb.jpg.bb1e04fe5a23c0bfdf5fb317dd6d43a5.jpg

Posted (edited)

I’ve had these for 9-10 years , extra wide

0AE11E26-0CDE-404F-8865-35D198CB3C25.png

Edited by Sumsand

4 minutes ago, Kansas T said:

I built these a while back.  Much better than any folding chair.

IMG_1714.thumb.jpg.bb1e04fe5a23c0bfdf5fb317dd6d43a5.jpg

Nicely done!

3 hours ago, SofaKing said:

I’ve taken many naps in my Walmart knock offs of the top one! 

Anyone know now where I can find some chairs that fold up really small? Something similar to the chairs rugged radios sells? Would be nice to thow a couple of those in the sand car for the longer beer breaks or when someone breaks down (for the wife of coarse) lol! 

Good thread... Thought I was the only one with this issue

I cannot win with camp chairs .. I buy good ones and somehow  they end up getting hit with embers and then rip, I buy cheap ones and they just break the same trip...

I have the Zero Gravity chairs by the pool at home and they are great, but they do take up a lot of room and I am too wimpy to lug them around

Tried some like these but they got jammed with sand and would close again 

but they were really comfortable - maybe it was the brand?  what brand are these...

Lots of great options. Looks like the Coleman’s may work. I’d sit in those bungee ones and you’d never get me out. 

I didn’t think if sitting higher would be more comfortable but it makes sense.  

Last Aug or Sept, CVS Pharmacy had chairs like this in the discontinued section (Summer was "over"), I bought 4 of them for $20 or $25 each.  they are not the best quality in the world, but not bad either & 10,000,000 times more comfortable than the fold up ones that you sink into & pinch the chit out of your legs....  LOL

image.thumb.png.18294f8d79cbe4ad3c4d81edf4c3edcf.png

My wife bought 2 of the Coleman's last week. Looking forward to trying them out.  

6 hours ago, SofaKing said:

Bought a pair of these about 10 years ago and they're still working.

Chir.PNG

I wanted something new and bought a pair of these last season.  They are super comfortable.  Would have bought 4 but Camping World was sold out.

13 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

Chir.PNG

^^^ yup there's a couple of these in my camp and I must say, I gotta get my own! LOL 

3 hours ago, fullthrottleguy said:

Good thread... Thought I was the only one with this issue

I cannot win with camp chairs .. I buy good ones and somehow  they end up getting hit with embers and then rip, I buy cheap ones and they just break the same trip...

I have the Zero Gravity chairs by the pool at home and they are great, but they do take up a lot of room and I am too wimpy to lug them around

Tried some like these but they got jammed with sand and would close again 

but they were really comfortable - maybe it was the brand?  what brand are these...

Those are Walmart  32" Bunjo Bungee chairs. So far this thread has cost me $87 with tax and free shipping, but I won't have to sponge off the ones in our camp that already have these. Ordered one in black and one in cammo so nobody else can see it.

I really like the Coleman's. I'm 6'-1" and 265 and I can get out of them even when drunk without falling over .

I like the fact that they have a cup holder, a cooler bag and a another bag on the side.  I just hate when my kids leave stuff inside the cooler bag and don't tell me.

This are heavier then your regular fold up ones.  

I like the directors chairs but after a while I'm uncomfortable since you sit straigh up. I like to slouch so the Coleman's work great for me.

Wait for them to go on sale which is when I buy them.

2 hours ago, Chingon619 said:

^^^ yup there's a couple of these in my camp and I must say, I gotta get my own! LOL 

These are the one I bought that would not folder after a serious wind/sand storm that  blew them over one night at G  - they got all jammed up. One  freed up ion the drive home after sitting sideways in the moho, ytje other one is a spare chair in the garage

Bass Pro Big Outdoors man. Best chairs I’ve ever owned.