Sign in to follow this  
sinverguenza

Do I need paddles?

Going to Pismo and don't know if I need paddles. My daughters ride a Suzuki LTZ 250. This is a pretty heavy quad and not all that fast. Wondering if I can just run the dirt tires.

I have been looking for used paddles which I have found but the seller nor I know if the wheels will fit.  They either took them off a Yamaha or Honda. 

This would be a one time trip so I don't want to spend money for tires just to sit in the garage. 

Thanks in advance.

The Dunes in Pismo are not too steep or very tall. They will do fine with slightly aired down stock tires, that is the key, just air them down.

Tire is 20x10x9

Wheel 9x9

Bolt Pattern 4x110

Same as almost all the Honda Sport Quads

You could borrow a rear set of paddles, but again, those quads really don't need the paddles to have fun.

Honda and Suzuki are the Same 4 x 110. Yamaha is different Bolt Circle 4 x 115.  -

If the wheels are flat aluminum and not Machined out, New lug holes can be drilled  45 degrees from the original Yamaha spacing. where are you located?

Pismo with low air pressure and knobbies will work.  Make sure to Spray everything down with WD-40. Use a lot of WD-40.  Wash equipment as soon as you get home with Fresh Water. 

Your gear will become Rusty if you don not clean up good afterwards.

Dean 

714-264-6151  

Thanks for the info.

I guess I will just drop the air and save some money.

back when we had Honda 250"s and added paddles , IMO it really made no difference to stock tires aired down. Save the $ and buy some tri tip and 🍻 

Air the knobbies down that 250 wont have power to spin paddles anyways and paddles may make it worse.

Hope your going before the 11th. 

Lol. I have reservations for Aug 5-9.

I don't wanna go.  Been there once and didn't care for it.  Girlfriend and the kids want to go. 

Hopefully they don't cancell me and I hope they don't shut it down. Just because I don't care for it I know others that love it.

I signed the petition so crossing my fingers.