Sign in to follow this  
CRUSTY

Every Battle is Won or Lost Before it is Ever Fought

Amen Crusty!

Just imagine the stones it took to put your name on that piece of paper and defy the king! Especially if you had a family! Not only were they incredibly brave, but astoundingly wise, to create this form of gov't that was designed to remain of and for the people and perpetually free from tyranny! Let's hope future generations never forget that and NEVER rewrite or re-interpret the Constitution!

Amen . Hadn't read the declaration since elementary school. Seems like we're in virtually the same position now with our government 

Thank you Crusty and Happy Independence Day to all!

Great post Crusty.

I hope many others take a moment today and realize that July 4th is more than fireworks, hot dogs, and beer.  

Posted (edited)

When I read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in school, I never realized the weight of the documents - I like so many Americans I took freedom for granted.  Having traveled around the world mostly as a worker not a tourist, I have observed a fair amount of what people fool themselves into thinking is freedom... While living in CA and in a society that has forgotten what the value of freedom is to some intent, and  where cameras, social media, and the "nosey neighbor" is commonplace, I feel our freedom is somewhat infringed. I only see this  and know that because being older and can remember back when we had so much more freedom. The examples are everywhere if you want to look, and it was glorious. And all this freedom was provided by a single document that was more than law, it was principle.

This country has principles ... these principles grant us freedom - if we drift from them, the ideals that provide freedom are lost. 

After reading the Federalist papers a few years ago, I realized just how wicked smart the founders of this great nation were. We must continue to be educated and live on the principles they laid out and fight for our freedom.

The battle for our freedom is fought in our hearts and minds every day... I thank God daily for the privilege of having lived in this great country and having the ability to comprehend what this freedom allows me and other to do. This gives me strength to live a good and well principled life, not to mention go to Glamis and rip it up!  Happy Independence Day...

Edited by fullthrottleguy

10 hours ago, fullthrottleguy said:

When I read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in school, I never realized the weight of the documents - I like so many Americans I took freedom for granted.  Having traveled around the world mostly as a worker not a tourist, I have observed a fair amount of what people fool themselves into thinking is freedom... While living in CA and in a society that has forgotten what the value of freedom is to some intent, and  where cameras, social media, and the "nosey neighbor" is commonplace, I feel our freedom is somewhat infringed. I only see this  and know that because being older and can remember back when we had so much more freedom. The examples are everywhere if you want to look, and it was glorious. And all this freedom was provided by a single document that was more than law, it was principle.

This country has principles ... these principles grant us freedom - if we drift from them, the ideals that provide freedom are lost. 

After reading the Federalist papers a few years ago, I realized just how wicked smart the founders of this great nation were. We must continue to be educated and live on the principles they laid out and fight for our freedom.

The battle for our freedom is fought in our hearts and minds every day... I thank God daily for the privilege of having lived in this great country and having the ability to comprehend what this freedom allows me and other to do. This gives me strength to live a good and well principled life, not to mention go to Glamis and rip it up!  Happy Independence Day...

Amen!

Great post.

It appears we’ve forgotten much of this document...

On 7/3/2019 at 5:01 PM, socaldmax said:

Amen Crusty!

Just imagine the stones it took to put your name on that piece of paper and defy the king! Especially if you had a family! Not only were they incredibly brave, but astoundingly wise, to create this form of gov't that was designed to remain of and for the people and perpetually free from tyranny! Let's hope future generations never forget that and NEVER rewrite or re-interpret the Constitution!

No shit. Certain death for all involved if it didn’t work.