ahipara 55

California Commercial Vehicle Registrations

Posted (edited)

Anybody get renewal for commercial vehicle recently?

Not only do I have to sell off 2 of my older F-450's next year, they are forcing me to buy new (er) with inflated registraction fees.

So happy!

Newsome gonna take it all!!

Edited by ahipara 55

Isn't there a way to "low mileage" them so they don't have to meet the new emissions laws?  My buddy is doing that with his well pump truck, could be worth looking into. Might be able to get away with that for a year or 2? 

3 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

Anybody get renewal for commercial vehicle recently?

Not only do I have to sell off 2 of my older F-450's next year, they are forcing me to buy new (er) with inflated registraction fees.

So happy!

Newsome gonna take it all!!

This crap is going to cripple smaller businesses that can't afford new trucks....sucks!  It's going to be the rich and the poor in CA...no in between.  I'll be moving on after retirement...F this rear view town!  :fof:

~jw

damn thats crazy  

This will not be good for small businesses.  I'm not a fan of the new law at all but they didn't just decide this yesterday, it's been in the works for a long time.  I had friends sell off entire fleets as soon as they understood the deadlines for their particular year of truck.  Even had a couple friends sell their trucks and get jobs. 

https://www.overdriveonline.com/carb-to-block-dmv-registration-of-older-trucks-starting-in-2020/

The new “health-based requirements” will need to be met before a driver is allowed to register his or her truck through the Department of Motor Vehicles, CARB says. A new enforcement tool used by the DMV beginning in 2020 will automatically block 2010 and older trucks from registration.

For older vehicles, CARB says they must be either replaced with a 2011 or newer vehicle or repowered with a 2010 or newer engine.

Under these regulations, truckers must meet the following compliance schedule for vehicles weighing more than 26,000 pounds:

• 2000 and older trucks must comply by Jan. 1, 2020
  • 2001-2005 must comply by Jan. 1, 2021
  • 2006-2007 must comply by Jan. 1, 2022
  • 2008-2010 must comply by Jan. 1, 2023

CARB adds, however, that the Truck and Bus Regulation is already in effect, and the Board can place a DMV regulation block on vehicles now, before the final compliance dates, if they don’t meet current air quality regulations. The state of California is enforcing all diesel regulations in preparation for 2020, CARB says.

Vehicles weighing between 14,000 pounds and 26,000 pounds are also subject to the regulations, and must meet the following compliance schedule:

• 2004 and older must comply by Jan. 1, 2020
  • 2005-2007 must comply by Jan. 1, 2021
  • 2008-2010 must comply by Jan. 1, 2023

Posted (edited)

How the Ph.uck is this even legal?????   Whats next...........  Sorry we dont like the motor in your 1966 classic, you have to replace it with a Prius driveline.............  WTPh????

Ph.uck this state.......

Edited by Bobalos

sounds like California is gonna be losing a lot of cargo shipping due to this and trucks not wanting to come into california or is this gonna be all states? 

How does this effect a older '03 DP Motorhome I've recently purchased?

"HJ"    :ex:     :cheers:

15 minutes ago, HairyJR said:

How does this effect a older '03 DP Motorhome I've recently purchased?

"HJ"    :ex:     :cheers:

You don’t need to worry yet. They are going after the commercial trucks. 

Posted (edited)

I hate everything 

Edited by davyjones

Today.....................only a matter of time...the idea of "aging" out vehicles has already been brought up by carb.

Seems unfair from the aspect of all the trucks registered in other states that use your roads. They gonna go after them as well? 

Jeez I didn't even know an F-450 existed.  Now I hate my 1500 even more. :ranting:

48 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

it will happen 

This has been stated by many people in some form over the years and it still rings true today- When my kids were younger and had 50cc, 80cc and 110cc bikes they would go through maybe 5 gallons of fuel during a weekend trip.  4 to 5 trips a year so maybe 20 to 25 gallons of fuel PER YEAR, and I pay the $54 bi-annual Green sticker registration fee.  Then they came out with the Red sticker program to 'cut back on emissions during certain times of the year...'  Yet I can go to the local gas station and watch the gardener fill up five 5 gallon fuel cans ever day of the week and none of his shit is registered or has any kind of emissions limiting program.  Sorry man, you can't mow lawns with that particular year mower from June 1st to October 1st. 

10 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

This has been stated by many people in some form over the years and it still rings true today- When my kids were younger and had 50cc, 80cc and 110cc bikes they would go through maybe 5 gallons of fuel during a weekend trip.  4 to 5 trips a year so maybe 20 to 25 gallons of fuel PER YEAR, and I pay the $54 bi-annual Green sticker registration fee.  Then they came out with the Red sticker program to 'cut back on emissions during certain times of the year...'  Yet I can go to the local gas station and watch the gardener fill up five 5 gallon fuel cans ever day of the week and none of his shit is registered or has any kind of emissions limiting program.  Sorry man, you can't mow lawns with that particular year mower from June 1st to October 1st. 

then what will TLL do from june to october ?

Big government Fing over the hard working person. 

29 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

Where  you been hiding?????????? Try to buy a mower...has to be CARB approved.....try to buy a replacement motor...has to be carb approved.....Know a guy who owns a landscaping business,  buys his stuff and has it shipped to parker.....then pays a fee to pick it up in Parker...cause he can't buy them in CA

8 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

Where  you been hiding?????????? Try to buy a mower...has to be CARB approved.....try to buy a replacement motor...has to be carb approved.....Know a guy who owns a landscaping business,  buys his stuff and has it shipped to parker.....then pays a fee to pick it up in Parker...cause he can't buy them in CA

How big are your buddies lawn mowers?????????

This advisory is to inform owners/operators of engines subject to the Airborne Toxic Control Measure for Diesel Particulate Matter (ATCM) from Portable Engines Rated at 50 Horsepower and Greater that the Air Resources Board (ARB) plans to revise the 2017 and 2020 fleet average emission standards for diesel particulate matter (DPM). The Statewide Portable Equipment Registration Program Regulation (PERP regulation) will also be revised to complement any changes made to the ATCM. ARB will exercise its discretion and not enforce, and is advising the local air districts not to enforce, the 2017 ATCM fleet average emissions standards until the amendments to those standards are effective.

Here's 5 gas powered mowers t Home Depot in Huntington Park, CALIFORNIA...

mower.PNG

1 hour ago, L.R.S. said:

:lol: And then you drive yore 95 f250 gasser getting 7 miles to gallon, 150+ miles round trip, to burn 2 gallons of gas in yore dirtbike at the track! Good thing they made yore bike a red sticker!

Not directed at you Jeff! Just everyone named "yore"! :lol:

I have had to deal with this with my business with owning dump trucks and heavy equipment. Carb is driving people out of business. It’s disgusting the way we are treated in this state. Blows my mind sometimes how they can do this to us. I was fined $500 for not having proper stickers on an old dozer. Bologna. I hate carb. 

5 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Jeez I didn't even know an F-450 existed.  Now I hate my 1500 even more. :ranting:

They have F650's too. :jeff:

It's only a matter of time, a few years at most, before they hit us that own 1 ton and 3/4 ton trucks with this BS. Motorhomes will be in there as well. They say it's about clean air but it's really about generating new sales tax forcing you to buy something you don't need. 

As of now this only applies to businesses. It's calculated by hp/fleet. So small businesses have a lot less equipment to update per year than big businesses. My family owned 30 water trucks, two low bed tractors, a lube truck, 3 service trucks, and a stakebed f550. They now have taken half the water trucks out of service to drop the hp rating, sold both low bed tractors and bought one that complies, sold all three service trucks and built a compliant one, selling the stake bed, and sold the lube truck. They have updated 5 water trucks with new tier compliant motors at the tune of $50k per truck after parts and labor all done in house. This sucks bad but look at it this way. If everyone else bails out you are the only company left. Money will come easy when that happens. Side note: F@@K California!