JDMeister

Ink: Yay or Nay?

35 minutes ago, Air450 said:

Funny! I said the same to my kids. None have tatoo's. My daughter has a few extra piercings in her ears and a belly button one.

That Belly Button "Lure" will catch a guys eye..

In wikipedia, see: "Fly Fishing" :lmao:

1 hour ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

I personally have no issue with tats and appreciate quality art.

... that being said, we have a ‘rule’ in my house. Anyone who gets tats or piercings will never get any $upport from Dad until they’re ‘removed.’ Either by laser it hot curling iron 😬🤣.

Obviously my 13 year old doesn’t have any. My 20 and 22 year olds don’t (neither do the wife or I), but my 27 year old does. Hence she lives out in her own, no checks /$ going her way.

I tell the 20 and 22 year old.. go for it. Sooner you support yourself the better. My son, 22, would already have then without this rule. 

Not sure I’ve EVER met anyone with tats that are even 10 years on them who doesn’t regret it.

I’d make an exception for my kids if it were related to any military service, but most who have served are likely to be on their own anyhow.

abc

I will not cut my children off because of tats, they are allowed to make mistakes and some bad choices in life, (I certainly did) but I have made my opinion very clear to them. Now if they break the law and go to jail, I'll have a real hard time with that one, fortunately they are good kids. My 24 yo daughter with the ink is responsible and lives on her own.  

On the issue of ink being quality art , that is somewhat debatable. Many are transfer templates, I don't call that art!  freehand, different story. Regardless like some have said ....... its like putting permanent stickers on a nice car. These are just my opinions, I don't make comments as a rule but this is a place to voice said opinions so BAM! 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, JKR951 said:

I will not cut my children off because of tats, they are allowed to make mistakes and some bad choices in life, (I certainly did) but I have made my opinion very clear to them. Now if they break the law and go to jail, I'll have a real hard time with that one, fortunately they are good kids. My 24 yo daughter with the ink is responsible and lives on her own.  

On the issue of ink being quality art , that is somewhat debatable. Many are transfer templates, I don't call that art!  freehand, different story. Regardless like some have said ....... its like putting permanent stickers on a nice car. These are just my opinions, I don't make comments as a rule but this is a place to voice said opinions so BAM! 

When I was 18 I was going to get one and my Dad had the best tattoo line ever. " great idea son go get a tattoo, why don't you get snake crawling out of your ass so I never have to see it " Pretty funny and exactly what he said. Then he said wait until you are out of my house and on your own dime before you ever get a tattoo. I did get on one when I was 22 it didn't really change my life one way or the other. I told my kids the same thing No Tats until you are 100% ( never really happens ) on your own.  Both my kids 23 and 21 say they want ink but neither has done it.  Maybe it is because I'm cash flowing a masters degree for one who has been out of the house since she was 18 and the other still lives at home ?  Maybe it's respect or maybe it's fear : ) 

As for ink on women, I would rather see a full sleeve on a  women  than facial piercings. I can't stand nose,  lip  and eye brow etc. especially when they work at restaurants. 

My wife has no ink and she is beautiful if she did it would not bother me either way. 

2 hours ago, badgas said:

When I was 18 I was going to get one and my Dad had the best tattoo line ever. " great idea son go get a tattoo, why don't you get snake crawling out of your ass so I never have to see it " Pretty funny and exactly what he said. Then he said wait until you are out of my house and on your own dime before you ever get a tattoo. I did get on one when I was 22 it didn't really change my life one way or the other. I told my kids the same thing No Tats until you are 100% ( never really happens ) on your own.  Both my kids 23 and 21 say they want ink but neither has done it.  Maybe it is because I'm cash flowing a masters degree for one who has been out of the house since she was 18 and the other still lives at home ?  Maybe it's respect or maybe it's fear : ) 

As for ink on women, I would rather see a full sleeve on a  women  than facial piercings. I can't stand nose,  lip  and eye brow etc. especially when they work at restaurants. 

My wife has no ink and she is beautiful if she did it would not bother me either way. 

Your dads tattoo line is great.