onanysunday

Corvette graphics opinions

So here is my car. Been wanting to put some graphics on it for a while. 

IMG_6368.JPG

20190704_130127.jpg

20190704_130056.jpg

Posted (edited)

This is the graphic I really like. Now just a matter of colors to choose. (Car in these pics are a regular Vette with the sloped rear glass. My car is the fixed roof coupe and has a lot more trunk and less glass)

C5-Corvette-torch-red-with-white-COM-CSR-stripe.jpg

C5-Corvette-torch-red-with-white-COM-CSR-stripe-4.jpg

C5-Corvette-torch-red-with-white-COM-CSR-stripe-1.jpg

C5-Corvette-torch-red-with-white-COM-CSR-stripe-2.jpg

Edited by onanysunday

Posted (edited)

There are a ton of colors to choose from. My choices would be a nice light metallic silver, darker metallic gunmetal color, or a buddy said carbon fiber would look good. I can also make the pinstripe a different color. Although leaning towards having the graphic with pinstripe all the same color. If I did the gunmetal darker color, a light silver for the pinstripe might look good. The carbon fiber is a 3m product #1080 and might look pretty cool. More money but I am selling a bunch of stuff on CL so I want to do this right.

Colors.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by onanysunday

Retire the C5. Buy my wife’s  C7. I’ll buy her a new C8 in 3 weeks. 

FC139C33-9032-4B10-9163-C711B82DEA79.jpeg

Just now, fortyfour said:

Retire the C5. Buy my wife’s  C7. I’ll buy her a new C8 in 3 weeks. 

FC139C33-9032-4B10-9163-C711B82DEA79.jpeg

Haha, I don't care for the square edges on the new C7s.  The only car I would replace with would be a red C6 Z06. 505 not enough HP so it would need some boost as well. 

1.jpg

505 not enough?  Turn off the traction control and report back. :rotf:

I think it looks better without the graphics personally! 

18 minutes ago, Getpitted453 said:

I think it looks better without the graphics personally! 

Still not decided if I want to add graphics for sure. I do like the way it is. Would just like to personalize the car more. Silver metallic would be subtle and classy. Darker colors would be more aggressive. At least in my mind.  They call this color pewter. Kind of a cool graphic but I dont like the small stripes on the fender.

C5-Corvette-torch-red-with-pewter-and-black-SE3-stripe-9.jpg

This graphic is nice also.  Shorter on the hood and doesn't come to the logo on the front. I actually like the black but I don't think I have the right wheels for it.

C5-Corvette-torch-red-with-black-CE1-stripe-3.jpg

C5-Corvette-torch-red-with-black-CE1-stripe.jpg

Different graphic but this is their silver. Not sure if it is metallic or not. I think something more subtle like this would go well with my wheels. 

C5-Corvette-nassau-blue-with-silver-and-black-CE-commemorative-stripe-8.jpg

I'd spend time powder coating the wheels black then go with the carbon fiber stripes if thats what you like. I think it would look better without stripes as well.

2 hours ago, raspadoo said:

I'd spend time powder coating the wheels black then go with the carbon fiber stripes if thats what you like. I think it would look better without stripes as well.

I am better off to sell what I have and buy another set.  Wheel guy on the Corvette forum has a special on these for $750. Mine are probably worth $600 used.  ($1160.00 new) Tempting to call him and see if he has the sizes and offset I need.  Some CCWs would be nice but way out of my budget. Just can't see spending that much for wheels.  I do like the gun metal color. 

489824C5-E31A-4BE7-A303-0C40A13EC8EB.jpeg

Different wheels and no stripes is my vote.

Well this is getting interesting. Here is a thread I ran on switching tires. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/4265170-which-toyo-888r-for-the-rear-02-z06.html  Bob the wheel guy says if I remove my brake duct inside the fender well he has an 18x12 late model Z06 black wheel that will fit. Tire would be a 335/30-18. First thing I say is no way that fits without opening it up. He says he is the only one in the country to offer this wheel and backspacing and says it fits.  Swears by it and said he has been selling them for years. Might kill two birds with one stone. Front wheel would be an 18x9.5 so a taller wheel than the 17" stocker. Wheels come in black only but I am liking. Make it look tougher. $1100 for the set of 4 shipped. Looking around my set is worth $700-$800. 

22 Corvette 2015 C7 Z06 Gloss Black.jpg

i say no go on the strips as well...but then again i say no go on corvetts.:nono:

6 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Well this is getting interesting. Here is a thread I ran on switching tires. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/4265170-which-toyo-888r-for-the-rear-02-z06.html  Bob the wheel guy says if I remove my brake duct inside the fender well he has an 18x12 late model Z06 black wheel that will fit. Tire would be a 335/30-18. First thing I say is no way that fits without opening it up. He says he is the only one in the country to offer this wheel and backspacing and says it fits.  Swears by it and said he has been selling them for years. Might kill two birds with one stone. Front wheel would be an 18x9.5 so a taller wheel than the 17" stocker. Wheels come in black only but I am liking. Make it look tougher. $1100 for the set of 4 shipped. Looking around my set is worth $700-$800. 

22 Corvette 2015 C7 Z06 Gloss Black.jpg

I can't see that fitting even with your car at stock ride height (4x4 mode. lol). I have been at a 325/30/19 for 12+ years on a tubed C5 and they still graze the liners occasionally (both top side on heavy dips and on inside edge--I cut all the way to the frame including flanges). I'm guessing that they'll stick outside the body.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xtream1 said:

I can't see that fitting even with your car at stock ride height (4x4 mode. lol). I have been at a 325/30/19 for 12+ years on a tubed C5 and they still graze the liners occasionally (both top side on heavy dips and on inside edge--I cut all the way to the frame including flanges). I'm guessing that they'll stick outside the body.

The guy at http://www.houseofwheelsonline.com/corvette_copies.php swears this wheel will fit with no rubbing on the z06.  I am the same way not believing and posted a thread on the Corvette forum. It is stock ride height. It drags over enough stuff as it is. :sha: Not interested in slamming it down. You said C5 and not Z06. Is there a difference in wheel well area?

Edited by onanysunday

On 7/4/2019 at 2:42 PM, fortyfour said:

505 not enough?  Turn off the traction control and report back. :rotf:

not really.  if you don't have 700+ it isn't much fun.   He has a SC on his now. 575 to the wheels.  same as my ctsv.  Kurtis.  New cam going in I should pick up another 75 to the wheel.  can't wait to see what e54 does to the V with the cam.  think I am going to need those 335's  

Unless it's factory, I wouldn't add it.

It makes sense on the Camaro cause that was a factory option with the rally stripes or the mustang GT350....but not on a vette!

Do the rims and keep it clean and simple....and Please don't add some huge GAY Wing either :lmao:

33 minutes ago, dbart said:

Unless it's factory, I wouldn't add it.

It makes sense on the Camaro cause that was a factory option with the rally stripes or the mustang GT350....but not on a vette!

Do the rims and keep it clean and simple....and Please don't add some huge GAY Wing either :lmao:

No wing!

This is the closest pic I can find to visualize how it would look. Wheels on this car are Matte finish and from house of wheels the only color available in 18x12 with the 59mm offset is gloss black. Sizes might be slightly different but a very close representation.  It is growing on me.

400921b9-e194-4671-b52d-772538e32b35_zpsgeefi9ki.jpg

566fb828-8233-4189-85db-20266a2ed042_zpsrm9zxdua.jpg

Neither of these cars is a Z06. On regular and one convertible. Shows how the gloss black looks against the red.

bb5eb5a9-60a9-45c5-906d-7951a7610a6b_zpswj7luuz8.jpg

060ebc32-3239-456b-abdd-bcec26e1f45e_zpsiwfucnyb.jpg

20 hours ago, onanysunday said:

The guy at http://www.houseofwheelsonline.com/corvette_copies.php swears this wheel will fit with no rubbing on the z06.  I am the same way not believing and posted a thread on the Corvette forum. It is stock ride height. It drags over enough stuff as it is. :sha: Not interested in slamming it down. You said C5 and not Z06. Is there a difference in wheel well area?

No difference as the frame angle is the limiting factor at the front inside edge of the wheel.  All three models used the same frame and installed glass over that. I netted an additional two inches after re-glass and installed wider tubs from LPE back in the day.

I'm sure he can get them to not rub but they'll stick out (looking down from the top) and will have issues on full compression. Depends on what you want rom your car (ie parking lot meets, freeway onramps, drags, etc). I personally use mine for very spirited canyons and need a low Cg along with all of the wheel travel I can get (I run R compounds full-time).

17 minutes ago, xtream1 said:

No difference as the frame angle is the limiting factor at the front inside edge of the wheel.  All three models used the same frame and installed glass over that. I netted an additional two inches after re-glass and installed wider tubs from LPE back in the day.

I'm sure he can get them to not rub but they'll stick out (looking down from the top) and will have issues on full compression. Depends on what you want rom your car (ie parking lot meets, freeway onramps, drags, etc). I personally use mine for very spirited canyons and need a low Cg along with all of the wheel travel I can get (I run R compounds full-time).

Yep, I hear you. Been looking at some pics of how that big 335 tire sticks out and thinking I need to stick with a 305 tire on an 18x10.5 rim. Not sold on black wheels  and might just keep what I have. At some point I would like to stop at the powder coaters and see what options they have for a dark grey or gun metal color for my rims.  I appreciate everyone's comments about the graphics and how they would not be a good idea. Keep it clean.

Buy a couple cans of Plasti Dip and try them out on the wheels. Cheap alternative and if you don't like it, peel it off. Works surprisingly well and looks good.