onanysunday

Corvette graphics opinions

Change the rims to make your car  stand out in the crowd, sticker kits are for children’s model cars

So after 6 years I am ready to change it up a little. No graphics. Wheels are very personal and 10 people will each like something different. I have always liked the wheels. Time to go with a little different color. Went by Affordable PC this morning and they have a color I really like. It is called Ultra Black Chrome. Apparently Tatum has a car in their showroom with this color on the frame.  I rattle canned some parts on the buggy this summer and the tone is actually pretty close. No metallic though.

20190708_132433.jpg

20190708_132437.jpg

Couple of wheels online showing this color.

ULTRA BLACK CHROME

What does this match?

Item: USS-5204

Description:

Ultra Black Chrome is a unique one of a kind deep charcoal. This color is a polyurethane solid tone powder coat and has a high gloss finish.

Two Coat Information: To achieve this color as shown, PPS 2974 Clear Vision must be applied as a top coat.

They don't have JPEG files but this link shows some wheels done in this color. Affordable had some parts they had just done and I really like it. :flag:

Interlago sells my wheel in Black as well as the machined aluminum I have now. Black is still to dark for me and thinking the  Ultra Black Chrome will look good.  Found some pics of a red car with the black.

interlagos-corvette4.jpeg

interlagos-corvettec5z06red2.jpg

tsw-wheels-interlagos-matte-black-rims-audiocityusa-05-3ee486ce7a.jpg

tsw-interlagos-matte-black.jpg

Posted (edited)

My brother is a graphic designer and I was able to get him to photoshop this. Really liking it. Unique and different is what I want. After then before. 

corvettegraywheels.jpg

IMG_6369.JPG

Edited by onanysunday

Not the best light and the car is filthy from sitting but ...........   I am liking it. Took a little bit of the shine off.  Also got rid of the drag radials and it is a completely different car. Those things vibrated even after re-balancing.  Smooth as a babies butt now. No more wallowing around in the rear. Traction will be a different story. Can't have both worlds. Took a pretty sharp curve today at 55 and damn that was fun.  Car has been outside with 2 car covers on it for the last few years. Finally sitting in the garage now and next up will be a good buff and wax. :igar: Also turned the front rotors and put on some hawk pads which is supposed to have less brake dust than stock.

20190808_150515.jpg

20190808_150531.jpg

20190808_151136.jpg

I even cleaned the dirt off of the factory red calipers. :)

20190808_152507.jpg

Nice upgrade - looking good 👊🏼

looks nice...now to just take out a few inches of wheel clearance from that suspension. looks like the 4x4 model that they didn't make.  lol   just playin'.