hondajimz

Best OTD pricing Honda Talon ??

I'm thinking about getting a SxS. Who has the best pricing on the Talon R  ??  

A friend recommended Clawson Motorsports in Fresno. I've got a guy there working up pricing and waiting for a call back. I thought I would check with everyone here for the best deal. 

Lucky Guy!, you know the drill . . . when you seal the deal :deal:

:wwp:

I don't know anyone who's gotten one yet . . . sorry can't help on pricing question.

Subscribed . 

The kid from Clawsons quoted me $22,800 otd

Get a Wildcat XX......then let me know how you like it......

I already answered this in the other Talon thread. Abernathy's cannot be beat.

2 hours ago, aceisback said:

Do you know their OTD price ?

I've already deleted the e-mail because they called me and we discussed everything that the dealers out here try to tell you about them.  I do know it was about $5K less than the prices that were posted here. I didn't keep it because they are calling me when they get the 4 seat Talons in stock. If you go online you can request the price. They are quick to respond. The state of Tennessee makes them charge a $53 document fee on top of their price so that is the only markup you will get from them, very unlike the $4K "because we can" markup you get with dealers in SoCal. The manufacturers make them do face to face transactions in order to sell at the prices that they do.  A hassle for some folks but but there are a lot of things that can be done with the money saved by purchasing with them.

Abernathy's Powersports

Well,  I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a used Can Am X3 so the Talon's on hold for now. I most likely will pull the trigger down the road when the turbo's are out. 

2 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

Well,  I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a used Can Am X3 so the Talon's on hold for now. I most likely will pull the trigger down the road when the turbo's are out. 

Nice...or wait till Kawi comes out with theirs.

There's always my rhino when you need to get into LTF... Long-Travel Farming! :poke: 

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

Well that was quick to go from a new Honda to a Canned Ham! :lol:  22 hours.

34 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

Congrats!

Which model X3?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, aceisback said:

What is their OTD price?   Seems  going back East and then having to figure out how to get it shipped to you is more of a hassle then the savings.   You have to go there which means a flight and time away from work and on top of that you still have to pay your sales tax when you get it back here.   Between time, flights and shipping you spent $2K and now your net savings is???????

I rather pay a little more and support the dealer you will likely be depending on for warranty work and supplies.   If you are patient you can work some deals locally.  

Edited by Sand Shark

21 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

What is their OTD price?   Seems  going back East and then having to figure out how to get it shipped to you is more of a hassle then the savings.   You have to go there which means a flight and time away from work and on top of that you still have to pay your sales tax when you get it back here.   Between time, flights and shipping you spent $2K and now your net savings is???????

I rather pay a little more and support the dealer you will likely be depending on for warranty work and supplies.   If you are patient you can work some deals locally.  

I considered Abernathys when I bought my X3.  Big savings but like you say not worth the hassle to show up in person to purchase and then ship out. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, socaldmax said:

Congrats!

Which model X3?

X3 XRS - The 72in model. Bone stock with 900 miles / 72 hrs. Picked it up for 16k

20190706_134547.jpg

Edited by hondajimz

1 hour ago, hondajimz said:

X3 XRS - The 72in model. Bone stock with 900 miles / 72 hrs. Picked it up for 16k

20190706_134547.jpg

WOW! Congrats!

What a steal! You always find the great deals!

Wow, that was cheap cheap..

18 hours ago, onanysunday said:

I considered Abernathys when I bought my X3.  Big savings but like you say not worth the hassle to show up in person to purchase and then ship out. 

Arizona also gets their tax when the unit is registered. I looked into it when I bought my xp1000 a couple years ago.

7 minutes ago, bent trix said:

Arizona also gets their tax when the unit is registered. I looked into it when I bought my xp1000 a couple years ago.

All Arizona needs is to see a invoice that you paid sales tax from that state.  5.7% is the state tax rate so it must be higher than that or you pay the difference.   for you that can read between the lines. 

4 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

Wow, that was cheap cheap..

Hence the comment of a deal I couldn't pass up. I'll end up with a Honda eventually but I will play with this for awhile. 

20 hours ago, hondajimz said:

20190706_134547.jpg

Congrats on the new ride and a smoking deal!  You will like the X3.  

Did the previous owner put a gusset kit on the front end?   If not I would suggest you get one to keep the bolt holes from wallowing out.   If you have any questions ask away.   

3 hours ago, Squatcher said:

All Arizona needs is to see a invoice that you paid sales tax from that state.  5.7% is the state tax rate so it must be higher than that or you pay the difference.   for you that can read between the lines. 

I don’t think you pay the sales tax when you buy from out state at Abernathy’s.   it you do then as you stated you pay the difference between what you paid and your  local sales tax.  

6 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Congrats on the new ride and a smoking deal!  You will like the X3.  

Did the previous owner put a gusset kit on the front end?   If not I would suggest you get one to keep the bolt holes from wallowing out.   If you have any questions ask away.   

No gusset kit. My buddy has the same one and never did a gusset kit. His has been fine. I will check mine out and go from there. Just ordered the service kit to change all the fluids and new air filter. Going to get it all serviced before the first trip. Trying not to start spending money on this thing but it's hard not too. lol

1 hour ago, hondajimz said:

No gusset kit. My buddy has the same one and never did a gusset kit. His has been fine. I will check mine out and go from there. Just ordered the service kit to change all the fluids and new air filter. Going to get it all serviced before the first trip. Trying not to start spending money on this thing but it's hard not too. lol

You don’t have to spend a ton of money for a gusset kit.   There are several in the $100-150 range that will work just fine.   I have been running the HMF kit for over 3000 miles.  I picked it up on amazon for $99.00 and got there  radius rod pull plate.

they bolt right on.   

5 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

I don’t think you pay the sales tax when you buy from out state at Abernathy’s.   it you do then as you stated you pay the difference between what you paid and your  local sales tax.  

like i said for those that can read between the lines.