Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 7/6/19 what are you doing this weekend?

Wrapping up some boat sale  details. 

Hopefully relaxing tomorrow.

You all be safe and have fun. 

:gd:

:sail:

Laying on my boyfriend 

Working...Project for Disney and one for Ubisoft....oh and then there's Edwards Lifesciences, Nuvasive, Harry Potter, and....good to be busy!

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, dbart said:

Working...Project for Disney and one for Ubisoft....oh and then there's Edwards Lifesciences, Nuvasive, Harry Potter, and....good to be busy!

That mean you'll be getting that new SxS this season ?? 

4 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

That mean you'll be getting that new SxS this season ?? 

Doubtful...we have bigger plans for this year!

:bag:

I'm taking my wife to Dennys right now.

Getting ready for UFC 239 tonight.  It's a very strong card with 5 great fights, popular fighters in good weight classes (no male flyweights).  Seriously wanting Thiago Santos to upset Jon Jones.  I have watched so many of Thiago's fights and I like him very much.

Before all that, I'm going to try to do a short run with the Maverick at a local trail that I've never been on.  I want to test it after getting my gussets and tie rods installed last week, and then doing my own alignment in my garage to save the alignment charge.  Plus it will be the first time towing with my Armada.  So it will be a test ride all the way around.

GussetsInstalledOnMaverick3_Size40.jpg

GussetsInstalledOnMaverick4_Size40.jpg

22 minutes ago, dbart said:

Those projects sound interesting.  Are you in the software business?

Install factory leaf springs in the rear of my truck. Not a job I wish to ever do again. You can see xh vs. stock springs. I can hardy lift them out side the truck let along the worm hassle to install. Lucky I had gravity working for me with the xh one coming out.

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

Went an saw the Jethro Tull 50th Anniversary Tour last night. Got interesting as the speaker stacks hanging from the ceiling were swaying literally five feet from side to side and confetti from previous shows was falling from the rafters. Folks were bolting out of there and some didn't come back in. Work too hard for my money to miss a show due to some heavy shaking and rolling. It was enough to affect my equilibrium some though. I did have an exit strategy, if the roof didn't end up on top of me first.

Gave the job a  🖕.  Taking my family to a car show at some place in seal beach. 

Catch up around here...

Trying to figure out the best place to install my new Rugged Radio and Intercom in the sand rail.   

Packing for my trip to Las Vegas tomorrow.

Trying to outrun the earthquakes..

Making $ ...... gotta pay for the new S5 coming my way soon :makerain:

26 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

Those projects sound interesting.  Are you in the software business?

I'm a Sr. Experiential and Environmental Designer for Pinnacle Exhibits in Irvine.

Ever been to the LA Auto show....the Exhibits, activations, interactives, media....basically everything that is around the cars. All the architecture, graphics, flooring, signage, etc...that's what I design.

I use the auto show as an example cause most people have been to one.

We do everything though...it's such a wide field. I never know what I'm gonna be working on. Medical, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, gaming, clothing, Action Sports...fun stuff!

Packing and getting ready to move on the 19th. Wife and I have both been sick all week so it’s been slow going. 

Did a Costco run this morning. Crazy seeing all the people terrified of earthquakes buying cases of water and ice. 

Dinner with my parents tonight at a new seafood place in Norco. 

Overtime tomorrow. 

Watching second Moto 450 outdoor national, these dudes don’t let off. 

3CC2B825-838E-4221-96C6-80364962D1B7.jpeg

doing river stuff, since i live at the river :)

Just read sndsamplr’s post and turned on moto! Gonna get my kids fishing gear out so he can go camping with grandpa and grandpa this week.  Take the TH to get fuel’d up and ready to go tomorrow. Trying to go camping at the lake next weekend !  

Posted (edited)

Worked yesterday and today. Stripping this hole basturd.

Have some beers tonight and start loading the new to me toyhauler up.

Amazing how much crap i had stashed in the old one. Time to get my garage back.

More chores around the house tomorrow

20190612_084926.jpg

20190612_084740.jpg

Edited by endobear

6 hours ago, dbart said:

I'm a Sr. Experiential and Environmental Designer for Pinnacle Exhibits in Irvine.

Ever been to the LA Auto show....the Exhibits, activations, interactives, media....basically everything that is around the cars. All the architecture, graphics, flooring, signage, etc...that's what I design.

I use the auto show as an example cause most people have been to one.

We do everything though...it's such a wide field. I never know what I'm gonna be working on. Medical, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, gaming, clothing, Action Sports...fun stuff!

Thanks for explaining your career to me.  It sounds like a very exciting and creative field!

Posted (edited)

Regarding what I said in my previous post, I did make it out to a local area with trails so I could do some good test driving after front end work last week.

This location is something I glanced at dozens of times while driving on Olive Ave., and today I got to see where the trails go.  It wasn't exactly pretty, and this will never be an OHV destination, but there were enough technical and rocky trails, plus some inclines, to at least give me some exercise.

But my biggest battle here was the HEAT.  Today the flannel shirt I was wearing to protect from sunburn eventually backfired on me and made it pretty hot by the time I got back to where I parked my trailer.

The first photo is looking toward Youngtown/Sun City over Olive Ave.  

YoungtownPowerlines1_Size40.jpg

The second photo is looking out over western Glendale with the Glendale City Dump on the right.  The Estrella Mountains are in the background.

YoungtownPowerlines2_Size40.jpg

Edited by Phoenix7

Up to Mammoth for a quick four-day trip over the Fourth of July holiday and met up with my good friend !!!

70D81B1E-CC51-4E84-BC8B-1CD50B697BB7.png

Well the faucet was dripping...........soooooooooooooooo 300.00 later at home depot, we have new faucets, angle stops, lines and I get to do that tomorrow.......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee