Jump to content
WaPaWeKkA

Camping BBQs - What’s up?

Recommended Posts

To go along with my camping chair upgrade, the camping bbq will also need an upgrade before next season. Right now I’m using a standalone one I think I got from Lowes similar to the one below but not it. What’s the latest and greatest? I’ve got a family of 6 so grill space is a big factor. 

3A6BD73C-42CD-4B90-8C31-20BBC3AA5637.thumb.png.8810e42299b4046bf97a43fc96762ad6.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is What I’m looking at when they make one for the treager, which is hopefully soon.

735A02AB-F907-4B4D-AADE-86FA104D106F.jpeg

B4C73B90-5433-4FAA-8C6C-500493CCFD52.jpeg

8E0E1290-C9EF-49A6-9755-69D7835D016D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the weber Q series. I have a baby Q that is 13 years old and still in use. It's now known as the Q 100. It's not as easy to pack as some so I tried out another weber, a rectangular compact model called a go anywhere. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FX3MH1O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It stores and packs easier than the Q and cooks well. My 2 issues are that the flame can get blown out in the wind easily and you need to remove the propane tank to pack. I don't have plans to replace it however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a green mountain Davey Crocket and a blackstone 2 burner flat top...that should do it for me know....I also have the Everest 2 burner stove, and a stainless bbq....but I only use the blackstone pretty much now....unless I want tri tip, then the Davey crocket goes to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use two Coleman road trip grills, they cook well and even fold flat with a roller duffel bag. I keep one in the trailer and one in the under basement storage of the motorhome so I always have one, no matter which rig I take. I use them both at home multiple times a week and they have lasted for years.

15625247858336446684713115468784.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had a Weber baby q for over 10 years and have had zero issues and it cooks great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

I have a green mountain Davey Crocket and a blackstone 2 burner flat top...that should do it for me know....I also have the Everest 2 burner stove, and a stainless bbq....but I only use the blackstone pretty much now....unless I want tri tip, then the Davey crocket goes to work.

I’ve got a GMG Daniel Boone for my home smoker but have been a little hesitant on the Davey Crocket. When we’re camping, we are always on the go. Doing different things and taking off to ride or hike or whatever. The cook time on the Davey Crocket seems like a little to long for me. I love the way the food comes out though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

I’ve got a GMG Daniel Boone for my home smoker but have been a little hesitant on the Davey Crocket. When we’re camping, we are always on the go. Doing different things and taking off to ride or hike or whatever. The cook time on the Davey Crocket seems like a little to long for me. I love the way the food comes out though. 

mostly do tri tip....like an hour and a half cook time....just put it in and forget...I can do other things while its cookin.....

 

plus it runs off of 12v so just plug it into the cig lighter outside and it's good to go.

Edited by realbadlarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Weber Q 200 for about 10 years that was used mostly in Glamis (never really left the moho) and traded it to Matt86m for his used Weber Q 100.....both are still going strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 2turbofords said:

I use two Coleman road trip grills, they cook well and even fold flat with a roller duffel bag. I keep one in the trailer and one in the under basement storage of the motorhome so I always have one, no matter which rig I take. I use them both at home multiple times a week and they have lasted for years.

15625247858336446684713115468784.jpg

 

 

I am on my second one in 10 years love how easy it sets up and folds down like a ironing board

 

I took the factory propane hook up and modified it to hook directly into the trailer propane source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Jeff said. I also have a Blackstone 2 burner. Want to make a cart for the Weber and BS with a propane tank underneath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, J Alper said:

I am on my second one in 10 years love how easy it sets up and folds down like a ironing board

I took the factory propane hook up and modified it to hook directly into the trailer propane source

 

22 hours ago, 2turbofords said:

I use two Coleman road trip grills, they cook well and even fold flat with a roller duffel bag. I keep one in the trailer and one in the under basement storage of the motorhome so I always have one, no matter which rig I take. I use them both at home multiple times a week and they have lasted for years.

15625247858336446684713115468784.jpg

 

X3

We tailgate ALLOT and our Coleman Roadtrip cooks up a ton of whatever we are cooking that day. They break don pretty easy for cleaning as well, huge drip trays.

I always get asked about it every single time we use it and somebody new is there.

75018n2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got a weber spirit 2 on a 30lb tank and a blackstone both in my enclosed trailer in storage.but we take the blackstone with us camping as it breaks down flat and fits good in my toyhaulers  bottom storage but ...love them both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 3 burner camp chef with the 2 burner (sits atop 2 if the 3 burners) bbq attachment. Can be yours for $125. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to use 2 Weber Q220s, but I sold them because they're heavy, too slow to cook and waste a lot of propane. I now use a CharBroil Grill2Go Tru-Infrared grill. It cooks much faster and can reach 700* while using a lot less propane. It weighs a lot less than the Weber grills, but it's made of coated thick cast aluminum so it's durable and won't rust. It also has more clearance at the edges so you can put more tritips or taller items on it at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, 1 SLY NDN said:

Here is What I’m looking at when they make one for the treager, which is hopefully soon.

735A02AB-F907-4B4D-AADE-86FA104D106F.jpeg

B4C73B90-5433-4FAA-8C6C-500493CCFD52.jpeg

8E0E1290-C9EF-49A6-9755-69D7835D016D.jpeg

Treager should build that exact one with the same universal stand, and a built-in cheap inverter. I'd buy one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...