Buggydave

Travis Pastrana crash and burn!

Not on his motorcycle, but with his "Evel Live 2" show that aired today!
Was supposed to be 2 world records, one for longest distance on MC, and one for MC through burning walls. Well, I guess the guy doing the distance crashed and broke his ankle a couple days ago so could not attempt his record, so was just the girl doing the burning walls stunt. 1-1/2hr long show, with her stunt in last 5 minutes or so that took all of 10 seconds to do. SO GLAD I DVR'd it!!!! When they announced in first minute of show was only going to be the one stunt, fast forward to the end stunt. Hour and a half in 10 min, and still wasted my time!

It's a miracle Travis is still alive after all his events.

The last one (where he did evil kneivels stunts) was terrible to watch....they drew it out wayyy too long.   Based on that, I didnt bother watching this one

We came across some tickets, as soon as i heard about the injury we ejected, glad we did...

The long distance jump was Axell Hodges, here is the video of the crash.  Seemed weird how the front end came up right at the end.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/video-of-axel-hodges-record-breaking-jump-crash-during-practice-run/

I was surprised some up and comer freestyler didn't step up and try it and make a name for himself...……………………...

So annoying how they slow mo and cut it all up.   Just show the damn video!

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

The long distance jump was Axell Hodges, here is the video of the crash.  Seemed weird how the front end came up right at the end.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/video-of-axel-hodges-record-breaking-jump-crash-during-practice-run/

I was surprised some up and comer freestyler didn't step up and try it and make a name for himself...……………………...

I'm surprised he didn't tap the rear brake and bring the front down. He's so talented on the bike and that's such a basic move. Seems weird. 

Axell flew on that practice jump.  My guess is a slight wind caught him as he was landing.   Lucky all he broke is his ankle.   These shows are drawn out way too long.  I guess they have to make it longer for the sponsors commercials.   

I am waiting for someone to attempt to jump the Snake River.   Now that I will tune in to watch. 

8 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

I'm surprised he didn't tap the rear brake and bring the front down. He's so talented on the bike and that's such a basic move. Seems weird. 

I was hanging with a bunch of MC guys on Saturday and we were watching this video and we couldn't figure out why he didn't tap the brakes as well.  I think he misjudged the landing, and got on the gas so the tire speed was up before landing???  no idea what you are thinking when you are in the air that long, but I do know that you don't want to land a 4 stroke in gear at idle on a hard ramp, do they pull in the clutch or bring the wheel speed up a bit (try to match the speed)???????

24 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I was hanging with a bunch of MC guys on Saturday and we were watching this video and we couldn't figure out why he didn't tap the brakes as well.  I think he misjudged the landing, and got on the gas so the tire speed was up before landing???  no idea what you are thinking when you are in the air that long, but I do know that you don't want to land a 4 stroke in gear at idle on a hard ramp, do they pull in the clutch or bring the wheel speed up a bit (try to match the speed)???????

You definitely want to pull in the clutch before tapping the brake otherwise you kill the motor. That's no bueno when landing. haha

4 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

I am waiting for someone to attempt to jump the Snake River.   Now that I will tune in to watch. 

Was done a few years back by legendary South Bay stuntman Eddie Braun:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eddie+braun+snake+river+canyon

8 hours ago, South Bay said:

That was cool. Did not know this had been done.

20 hours ago, South Bay said:

pretty cool.