badgas

SLEEP NUMBER BED info

GD.com 

I'm looking for real world reviews good or bad for those of you have tried  a sleep number bed. Was it worth it ? Was there really a difference ?

NOT looking for info on other types of beds, memory foam etc. 

Thank you 

Bought one year's ago. Excited to find that dream sleep. Paid the price and found that no matter the pressure I woke up with a sore lower back. 

Two years of trying different settings.

I don't sleep on my back so that will always add to my issue but I can say that I sleep better on traditional mattress's with less back pain when I get up in the morning.

IMO, not worth the expense. Can buy several traditional mattresses for the price of a sleep number.

Try a Nest Alexander Signature Hybrid.  Best bed I have ever owned.  Always used to wake up with a sore lower back.  This bed fixed that.  They have a store in Costa Mesa.

"NOT looking for info on other types of beds, memory foam etc. " Just looking for review of sleep number 

Know two people who had them, neither of them kept the bed and returned them before the free return policy  ran out.  They now both have Tuff & Needle beds with no complaints.

I had one and I hated it 

We tried one for the 30 days, after 10 nights I was done, no matter what firmness never was comfortable. Plus the gap in the middle sucked as well.

Returned and went to a different mattress.

Bought the Split cal king smart bed about a year ago. Not worth the expense IMO. The night light feature is cool but it is really hard to find a setting that is comfortable and the sleep app sux. 

51 minutes ago, badgas said:

"NOT looking for info on other types of beds, memory foam etc. " Just looking for review of sleep number 

But you will be after you hear all the shitty reviews :rotf:  Just cutting to the chase

I have had one for years and love it. To change it up all you have to do is change the foam pad on the top and air pressure. DON~~~

Same here, not worth the money, sucked at first no matter the air pressure. Put a topper on it and it is much better. Wouldn't waste the money on one.

I've had mine for 11 years now. I like it pretty good.

But when mine wears out in another 11 years, I think I'll try something else.

4 hours ago, sand junkie said:

But you will be after you hear all the shitty reviews :rotf:  Just cutting to the chase

😂 Funny stuff 

We already drank the Tempurpedic cool aid about 4 years ago. Was not what it was cracked up to be. The wife is very petite 5" 90lbs  and I'm 5 10" 175 she needs a much softer mattress. than I do . That is why we were thinking sleep number.   The real world reviews make it sound like it's all hype. The corporate reviews and in store marketing make you think it is the greatest thing on earth. 

We,ve had one for 3 or 4 years , I could take or leave it.  Wife is the same. DEFINATLY don't love it for  the price and will NOT  go that route again

My folks had one for a very long time. 15 years maybe. They liked it a lot and I knocked out on it once for a nap and thought it was super comfortable. I'm not picky though. They had the compressor conk out at the 12 year mark.

I wouldn't buy one only because I get by very well on inexpensive amazon mattresses in a box about every 8 years.

Had one for a few years. Ex loved it. I didn't, was just ok. Tried every setting, never found one I fell in love with. 

When current wife 'n I needed a new bed I wouldn't consider it. Went traditional.

We have one it's been a few years and all it is is a very very expensive air mattress. I have a grocery list of shoulder and back problems and it does nothing for me. My 110lbs wife liked it at first but has become less and less happy with it. 

I would not recommend getting one.

Wife wanted one to help with her back, it doesnt. I never was impressed with it. We tried to send it back after the 90 days but we still would have been out

over 3500 for the adjustable frame.

Dont believe the hype Its a ll a marketing ploy.

It's a fricken air mattress with foam around the edges and a thin foam top.

Spend a couple hundred on a Tuft&Needle or a Leesa mattress instread

Thanks for all the input guys, it really does help. Yelp is BS because everyone buys reviews and billion dollar companies can buy all the positive news they want. GD.com always speaks the truth. 

1 hour ago, Azmotorhead said:

Wife wanted one to help with her back, it doesnt. I never was impressed with it. We tried to send it back after the 90 days but we still would have been out

over 3500 for the adjustable frame.

Dont believe the hype Its a ll a marketing ploy.

It's a fricken air mattress with foam around the edges and a thin foam top.

Spend a couple hundred on a Tuft&Needle or a Leesa mattress instread

Thanks man we prob won't go tuft&needle as we have a 5K tempurpedic now. My daughter did TN and hated it.  like @matt86m said we will just get a traditional mattress like we had before the tempurpedic mistake. I was fine for 45 years on any old mattress 😐 I just made the mistake of letting them haul it away. 

Thanks again peeps 

We had one. Kept it for two years trying and trying to get the perfect #. Best thing we did was a topper, then the sidewalls and center foam supports collapsed. Done went back to a full foam style. We had a tempurpedic and loved it except for the heat build up, now we have a casper it's just ok compared to the tempur.

Had one for less than 6 months.  Just an expensive air mattress as others have stated.  Ended up giving it away.  Don't waste your money.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, rampage42 said:

We tried one for the 30 days, after 10 nights I was done, no matter what firmness never was comfortable. Plus the gap in the middle sucked as well.

Returned and went to a different mattress.

We did the 30 days too and made it about 10 days. I was so sore and uncomfortable we bought a new mattress and leaned the sleep number against the wall for the remaining 20 days cause sleep number refused to pick it up before the 30 day trail. You figure a $7k bed would be AMAZING. Not even close!

Thank you for the reviews 

17 minutes ago, badgas said:

Thank you for the reviews 

We all should have been smart enough to post the question here first :thumbup: