RK Racing

2020 4 seat talon .......

Oh Damm,   I think i might go for one of those.  

Wow! They sure didn't waste any time trotting that one out!

12 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Nope!

Me Gusta

:crusty:

NoMeGusta.jpg

Demo Rides in GLAMIS

Date: November 28 - 30

EVENT TYPE Rally

ACTIVITY Sport SXS Demo

PRODUCT Side By Sides

Looks like the old canam maverick

46 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

See what happens when a manufacture does not drag their feet.   cough cough Textron!

Only bummer is it is only available in the 64" model.   Turbo option coming in the fall.  It will be like the Yamaha in that you have to have the dealer install it for full warranty. 

Honda is going to sell a lot of these 4 seat Talons.  Especially with the live valve Fox shock option. 

At this pace, I wonder if they'll have the turbo models available for the Sand Sports SxS show.

Just now, Sand Shark said:

See what happens when a manufacture does not drag their feet.   cough cough Textron!

Only bummer is it is only available in the 64" model.   Turbo option coming in the fall.  It will be like the Yamaha in that you have to have the dealer install it for full warranty. 

Honda is going to sell a lot of these 4 seat Talons.  Especially with the live valve Fox shock option. 

How does the live valve shock work?

48 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Yeah, the could have gone with the Textron playbook and announced it then wait 2 plus years before saying it is not coming...

19 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Demo Rides in GLAMIS

Date: November 28 - 30

EVENT TYPE Rally

ACTIVITY Sport SXS Demo

PRODUCT Side By Sides

Thanksgiving weekend will get them a lot of demo rides

Just now, Kat-A-Tonic said:

Yeah, the could have gone with the Textron playbook and announced it then wait 2 plus years before saying it is not coming...

Personally, I'm not interested in a 4 seat SxS since I have a 4 seat sandrail. However, I know a lot of people would like to have 4 seats. I imagine one would really want a turbo to keep the thing moving at a decent clip with 4 people in it. By the time it all adds up for 4 doors and a turbo, you could probably buy a nice sandrail for the same price or less.  The big thing they have going for them is you generally can't finance a sandrail, and just about anyone can afford to finance a SxS. 

That's really the big draw, financing.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

How does the live valve shock work?

It only effects the compression settings.   If it is like the Polaris set up you have a button where you can set it to comfort, a middle setting and a sport setting.  Sport being the firmest.  When the wheels leave the ground when jumping the computer automatically puts it to the firmest setting to prevent bottoming out.  Also when cornering it will firm up the outside shocks to limit body roll. At least that is how the Polaris live valve works and it works really well on the Turbo S.   

I drove my friend's 4 seat Turbo S and you can tell the difference between the settings.  The Turbo S set up is really nice.  I suspect all the sport models will have a live valve option in the next year or two.   Several Trophy Truck drivers have been using this set up for several years. 

Edited by Sand Shark

Very nice

Wow! That's a pretty nice feature!

I wonder if any of the shock mfrs will be coming out with an aftermarket version of this. They could probably sell them like hot cakes to guys who bought the previous yr model and don't feel like torching it and getting a new one, or have already torched too many and are having issues with their insurance company!

3 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Personally, I'm not interested in a 4 seat SxS since I have a 4 seat sandrail. However, I know a lot of people would like to have 4 seats. I imagine one would really want a turbo to keep the thing moving at a decent clip with 4 people in it. By the time it all adds up for 4 doors and a turbo, you could probably buy a nice sandrail for the same price or less.  The big thing they have going for them is you generally can't finance a sandrail, and just about anyone can afford to finance a SxS. 

That and I don't see many sandrails with 4 people in them on the mountain trails or in the desert.   SXSs although getting pricey provide more bang for your buck as it can be used a lot more than a sandrail.   What people find is when they have a SXS they start exploring other places.

I would never be going to Baja in a rail, nor a lot of the rides I do away from the dunes.  Quite honestly with the turbo SXSs we are moving a lot faster than most groups in rails through the dunes.  

Just now, Sand Shark said:

That and I don't see many sandrails with 4 people in them on the mountain trails or in the desert.   SXSs although getting pricey provide more bang for your buck as it can be used a lot more than a sandrail.   What people find is when they have a SXS they start exploring other places.

I would never be going to Baja in a rail, nor a lot of the rides I do away from the dunes.  Quite honestly with the turbo SXSs we are moving a lot faster than most groups in rails through the dunes.  

You can use them anywhere except 60" trails or narrower. We had a large group ride that started at Nyland (Glamis North KOA) and followed the Bradshaw trail all the way to the Colorado River (Walter's camp) and back. I've also used mine down in Mexico, at San Felipe and Rocky Pt. as well as Johnson Valley and Ocotillo Wells. 

The only places I've been to so far that I couldn't take my rail was Miller Cyn. and all of the groomed ATV/UTV trails in UT. They can't go everywhere a SxS can go, but there's a lot of places they can.

21 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

You can use them anywhere except 60" trails or narrower. We had a large group ride that started at Nyland (Glamis North KOA) and followed the Bradshaw trail all the way to the Colorado River (Walter's camp) and back. I've also used mine down in Mexico, at San Felipe and Rocky Pt. as well as Johnson Valley and Ocotillo Wells. 

The only places I've been to so far that I couldn't take my rail was Miller Cyn. and all of the groomed ATV/UTV trails in UT. They can't go everywhere a SxS can go, but there's a lot of places they can.

You are one of the exceptions that is willing to use your sandrail in other places.   Octoillo and JV would be fun in a car.  

1 hour ago, socaldmax said:

I would like a 4 seat SxS for the wheelbase.  My rail is only 2 seats, so if and when I upgrade the SxS, I will be doing the 4 seater of some flavor.  My wife says forgettaboutit though, so there is that one small issue.

1 hour ago, Sand Shark said:

Quite honestly with the turbo SXSs we are moving a lot faster than most groups in rails through the dunes.  

You are probably on the faster side of the average SXS group.

Posted (edited)

looked at the specs and the 4 seater is way down on travel.  14.7 in and only 15in in rear?  hopefully they come out with the R turbo version too

Edited by Squatcher

I need a 4 seat turbo R, not an x :(  thx for posting the test drive dates Crusty, I’ll definitely sign up

21 hours ago, Squatcher said:

looked at the specs and the 4 seater is way down on travel.  14.7 in and only 15in in rear?  hopefully they come out with the R turbo version too

If the suspension is set up well I don't think the average person is going to notice a difference between 15" of suspension travel versus 18"    

Hopefully Honda releases the R in a 4 seater.   

21 hours ago, Rucker said:

You are probably on the faster side of the average SXS group.

Maybe.   When we are out in the dunes taking a break we will  watch the different groups in the dunes that we can see.     Most of the sandcar groups are not moving at some crazy pace.   When I first got my X3 myself and a friend got behind a sandcar group that was moving at a good clip in the big dunes between Osborne and Olds.   Lots of fun as the lead sandcar picked really good flowing lines.    They could easily pull away on the long straights and just because of having a lot more hp. 

It is all fun no matter the pace.