RK Racing

2020 4 seat talon .......

4 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Maybe.   When we are out in the dunes taking a break we will  watch the different groups in the dunes that we can see.     Most of the sandcar groups are not moving at some crazy pace.   When I first got my X3 myself and a friend got behind a sandcar group that was moving at a good clip in the big dunes between Osborne and Olds.   Lots of fun as the lead sandcar picked really good flowing lines.    They could easily pull away on the long straights and just because of having a lot more hp. 

It is all fun no matter the pace. 

I think the pace of either groups is not even a factor anymore, our group moves at a fast pace, and the turbo SxS's all keep up.  Are they working harder, yes, but they still don't have much of an issue keeping up. 2 and 4 seat non turbos are not keeping up with most buggy groups thru the dunes, at least not with our group.

2 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I think the pace of either groups is not even a factor anymore, our group moves at a fast pace, and the turbo SxS's all keep up.  Are they working harder, yes, but they still don't have much of an issue keeping up. 2 and 4 seat non turbos are not keeping up with most buggy groups thru the dunes, at least not with our group.

The speed of a group thru the dunes has so many determining factors.  From the confidence the group has in the leader to the way they lead. 

9 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I agree.   The non-turbos in our group on a fast run have trouble keeping up.   It is more noticeable when you start getting into the bigger dunes between Osborne and Olds.  

On 7/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, socaldmax said:

Personally, I'm not interested in a 4 seat SxS since I have a 4 seat sandrail. However, I know a lot of people would like to have 4 seats. I imagine one would really want a turbo to keep the thing moving at a decent clip with 4 people in it. By the time it all adds up for 4 doors and a turbo, you could probably buy a nice sandrail for the same price or less.  The big thing they have going for them is you generally can't finance a sandrail, and just about anyone can afford to finance a SxS. 

That's really the big draw, financing.

Whats that you say?  You want to be like BJ Baldwin?  No problem.  If you have a pulse and a Job we can yon get into one of these babies for 84 easy payments of $595.  

Just make sure when you get insurance you get that "Gap" coverage.  Whats Gap coverage you ask?  Thats the "I can't sell it for even 75% of what I paid for it so now so I have to light it on fire to get out from under it" coverage.

3 minutes ago, MWB said:

The speed of a group thru the dunes has so many determining factors.  From the confidence the group has in the leader to the way they lead. 

This is very true.  Anyone can plow through the dunes.   Finding lines and flowing through the dunes is where it is at.