Posted (edited)

I am going to sell my Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ 1000 but not sure what it worth. I bought it new and took it apart and added the extra stuff before using it. Used for trail riding only had it to the dunes twice since new. Thanks DON~~~

I will take $7000. for it and $1000. for the trailer

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ 1000

Original operator's manual

All service records

4 wheel drive 4 wheel lock

Large storage under hood

Heim joint steering arms

2” Trailer hitch front and back

Engine cover insulated

Built in float battery charger

Custom Roll cage made with 4130 Chromemoly powder coated

Roll cage has third L.E.D. brake light built in

Dome light and whip light mount w/switches

Custom made polished stainless steel rear bumper

Rear bumper has right and left L.E.D. Tail lights

Chrome front bumper

Custom billet alum dash pod

Custom alum gauge panel, volts, temperature

Custom billet alum steering column parts

Switch to override fan w/light

Custom locking gun safe under right seat

Alum. top & tented glass windshield, powder coated

Custom pin striping

Beard off road suspension seats

Crow Six point belts w/wrist restraints

Axia 17” Panoramic rear view mirror

Axia 4” Round convex side mirror

Axia billet Cargo mounting system for cooler

Quick release fire Extinguisher

New HD axles and U joints

Street legal, billet license plate mount w/light

After market wheels and tires

Extra Original tires and wheels

New tires 06.JPG

New today 002.JPG

New today 004.JPG

New Arctic cat 010.JPG

Ca trip 016.JPG

Safe_open_01.JPG

prestigetierods2.jpg

New Arctic cat 013.JPG

Edited by donparscale
SOLD

I would look on Craigslist for area's in Utah or Snowflake Pinetop- Lakeside area.  Places where you like to vacation.  That is where your customer base is going to be located.  .  What added features you have will not make a difference you want to find somebody who is going to drive it down to the corner store or country club and maybe do a little exploring.  That is who you want to have view your ad.

As far as price you won't be happy with what it's going to sell for but I am guessing $10K if you find that one old guy who has $10K budget looking for something his wife will ride in, That is your guy.  Probably less though, just check ads in those older off-road area's

3 minutes ago, MWB said:

I would look on Craigslist for area's in Utah or Snowflake Pinetop- Lakeside area.  Places where you like to vacation.  That is where your customer base is going to be located.  .  What added features you have will not make a difference you want to find somebody who is going to drive it down to the corner store or country club and maybe do a little exploring.  That is who you want to have view your ad.

As far as price you won't be happy with what it's going to sell for but I am guessing $10K if you find that one old guy who has $10K budget looking for something his wife will ride in, That is your guy.  Probably less though, just check ads in those older off-road area's

I have buyers just need to see what it is worth. It has the 1000cc engine. DON~~~

13 minutes ago, donparscale said:

I have buyers just need to see what it is worth. It has the 1000cc engine. DON~~~

If you have buyers its worth what they are willing to pay.  If you want more don't sell.  I would not say there are many buyers for what you have. If you have one on the hook you have pretty much got a unicorn in your sites.  Question is how will you feel after pulling the trigger.

did i miss the miles on it ?

37 minutes ago, MWB said:

10yrs old ... 10k  ? damn 

None listed on CL, a couple on ATV Trader....ranging from $7k to $10k

https://www.atvtrader.com/Arctic-Cat-Prowler-Xtz-1000-1000-Xtz/atvs-for-sale?make=ARCTIC CAT|2315236&model=Prowler XTZ 1000|764854112&trim=1000 XTZ|4949

Yours is clearly the nicest of any of them. Get what you can :thumbup:

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, CRUSTY said:

None listed on CL, a couple on ATV Trader....ranging from $7k to $10k

https://www.atvtrader.com/Arctic-Cat-Prowler-Xtz-1000-1000-Xtz/atvs-for-sale?make=ARCTIC CAT|2315236&model=Prowler XTZ 1000|764854112&trim=1000 XTZ|4949

Yours is clearly the nicest of any of them. Get what you can :thumbup:

Thanks, I looked at my Maintenance record  and it had 10,800 miles before we left on a short trip to Big Lake and we only drove it 200 or 3 00 miles while we were gone. So before I look I am saying around 11000 miles. It ran like a dream while we were gone.

I just checked , it has 11,341 miles. DON~~~

Edited by donparscale
fixed millage

Posted (edited)

Probably in the $5,500 range.   If you can get more than that sell it.   Looks like it is in great shape for being 9 years old. 

Edited by Sand Shark

Maybe $10,000 with the trailer. DON~~~

AC Trailer 02 small.jpg

DSC00984.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

3 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Probably in the $5,500 range.   If you can get more than that sell it.   Looks like it is in great shape for being 9 years old. 

I know it is worth more than that. DON~~~

1 minute ago, donparscale said:

Really depends on how quickly you want to sell it.  If you are in no hurry than see if you get any bites at $10K.   If you have buyers that are close to the $10K mark I would make the deal.  

NADA will give you a general idea of the value.     The people that are looking at your SXS will also likely be looking a like vehicles such as the Can Am Commander, Rhino, Teryx, and Ranger. 

I have never seen a trailer like that!

That is an older car that was not sold in high volume. Also high mileage for a side by side and will scare a lot of people. Curious how the 700 vs 1000 affects price. Sand shark might be closer than you think. 

https://visalia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/porterville-arctic-cat/6897753356.html

Here is one 3 years newer with the 1000 motor: https://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/d/littleton-2012-arctic-cat-prowler-xtz/6923283510.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/snd/d/jones-2014-arctic-cat-prowler-700-hdx/6922562339.html

Here is a 2011 1000 with 1700 miles on it. $7k: https://denver.craigslist.org/snw/d/steamboat-springs-2011-arctic-cat/6891374519.html (ad has been up two months on this one)

2017 700 cc model with EPS. $8850. https://cosprings.craigslist.org/snw/d/limon-2017-arctic-cat-prowler-700-hdx/6902634511.html

2016 700 with 546 miles on it. https://missoula.craigslist.org/for/d/missoula-2016-arctic-cat-prowler-hdx/6930826930.html

2015 1000 cc with 1100 miles - $9k https://springfield.craigslist.org/snw/d/west-plains-2015-arctic-cat-prowler/6890574771.html

Same year with the 1000 cc motor. Does not show the milage. $5600https://neworleans.craigslist.org/snw/d/kenner-arctic-cat-prowler/6921745443.html

2012 1000cc with 1400 miles - $6200 https://duluth.craigslist.org/snw/d/saginaw-2012-xtz-arctic-cat-prowler/6931212965.html

Cool trailer. I’m thinking the 6-6500 range. 

MWB is spot on as far as the market area, up north will be your best bet. Friends of ours had a Polaris Ranger and couldn't get any bites in Phoenix. He parked it on the highway in front of the store in Forest Lakes and sold it up there to a guy from Glendale. The Ranger was a 2010 800 with extended cage, back seat, power steering, and windshield and he was asking $9k and ended up getting $6k for it.

I do not mean to be disrespectful but there isn't anybody that will pay 10k for a 10yr old SxS with the highest mileage I've ever seen. 

I have bought and sold close to 10 SxS's in the last couple years and XP1000's are selling for 10k with way less hrs/miles.

I think the market value on yours is between 4-6k due to the mileage. If you have a buyer already, I suggest working out a deal. GLWTS.

5 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

I do not mean to be disrespectful but there isn't anybody that will pay 10k for a 10yr old SxS with the highest mileage I've ever seen. 

I have bought and sold close to 10 SxS's in the last couple years and XP1000's are selling for 10k with way less hrs/miles.

I think the market value on yours is between 4-6k due to the mileage. If you have a buyer already, I suggest working out a deal. GLWTS.

Have to agree here.  Never seen that many miles on a side by side.  No way would i consider a ride with 11000 miles on it.  You have gotten your use out it for sure.   Looks clean and there is a buyer for everything.  If you have a few looking at it see what they are willing to pay and go from there.   if you got more than 7k I would take it in a sec.  4-6k my guess. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hondajimz said:

I would agree with Hondajimz , and several others on this. The unfortunate fact, is that the AC is just not that desirable of a model to the masses. And  with the UTV market expanding new models so rapidly, it just mean older ones drop in value that much quicker with older design and technology.. Add to that yours being 10 years old, and high miles is going to be an even larger selling roadblock to overcome, irregardless of condition. There is no doubt you have a clean well cared for unit, and that is probably going to be your single best marketing point.. If you are motivated to sell it. pretty sure you will need to be south of 10K a ways to get anyone to show up.. If you do have an interested,& serious buyer ready to make the purchase, as has been said by several, you should probably close the deal . As realistically, the line of people looking for what you have for sale  is going to be very very short. GLWTS.

Edited by SCHMIDTY

Mileage is really not the issue.   He averaged around 1,000 miles a year of use.  That is nothing.   I am at 3700 miles on my X3 and it is not even 2 years old.  I had no issues selling my XP1000 with 5500 miles.  I have seen other with 10,000 miles on their SXS.   

If you are buying a 10 year old SXS your budget is on the low end and realistically they want to make sure it looks decent and runs.    

14 hours ago, donparscale said:

If you had $10,000.00 sitting on the table right now and were looking for a new SxS would you buy yours? 

If it was $7,000.00?

If it was $5,000.00?

What would be the price tag with you looking at buying the machine.  Not what you have put into it. Not the hours of work not how many cool upgrades you have done.  How many 100 dollar bills would you hand somebody to drive off with this machine?

If someone showed up with anything close to $5k I would take that deal before they changed their mind.

Sell the trailer separate.  Most are not going to want it.

1 hour ago, Sand Shark said:

Mileage is really not the issue.   He averaged around 1,000 miles a year of use.  That is nothing.   I am at 3700 miles on my X3 and it is not even 2 years old.  I had no issues selling my XP1000 with 5500 miles.  I have seen other with 10,000 miles on their SXS.   

If you are buying a 10 year old SXS your budget is on the low end and realistically they want to make sure it looks decent and runs.    

Great Points made.

Bottom Line is somebody out there will love this SXS and it will be perfect for them. It's clear that folks here are looking at it from a different angle/perspective....Members on GD are very educated with years of experience type group. Price paid will be higher then the average Joe because we know when its worth more....price paid will be less then the average Joe when we know its worth less...

Not all potential shoppers are GD Members :lol:

List it in multiple areas as others have mentioned......all you need is to hook that right buyer.

GLWTS

Make sure it is well insured and park next to a RZR that the owner wants to upgrade.

***Searching in vane for golf cart on fire emoji***