sinverguenza

School me on Air Compressors and/ kits

6 hours ago, sinverguenza said:

Thanks everyone for your help. 

I think I'm gonna get 20lb tank for CO2. 

I'm still going to get rid of my HF compressor and look for another. I still like the idea of having a compressor around in camp.

Let me know a price.  Not sure where you are located but I'm in Whittier,  CA.

I am in Chandler, Az. I will have to look into what they are worth.

20 hours ago, sinverguenza said:

Thanks everyone for your help. 

I think I'm gonna get 20lb tank for CO2. 

I'm still going to get rid of my HF compressor and look for another. I still like the idea of having a compressor around in camp.

Let me know a price.  Not sure where you are located but I'm in Whittier,  CA.

Go with nitrogen. Shouldn't cost more than C02 to fill, then it has dual purpose for shocks and tires.

39 minutes ago, ahipara 55 said:

Go with nitrogen. Shouldn't cost more than C02 to fill, then it has dual purpose for shocks and tires.

Tried this originally, the nitrogen tank will fill 1/3 less tires than the same sized  co2  tank will.  don't remember the price difference between the two gasses but I was stunned when I only was able to fill  a couple tires, and the nitro tank was gone. On the other hand you can get a tiny little nitrogen tank about the size of a 2 liter bottle and re charge  20 or more shocks with it. Spend the money on a nice two gauge regulator and you can use it for both CO2 and nitrogen. The zero loss shock charge tool from schmitdy is the best.

I have an old aluminum Coke CO2 bottle with a plastic carry handle for filling tires.  It's the shit.  As noted previously, CO2 molecules are smaller, so expect to top your tires off in the coming weeks.  I have a Nitrogen set up as well, but it's too expensive, and doesn't last as long as CO2.

Caution with the CO2, not only will the regulator probably freeze, but whatever air chuck you're using will get VERY cold too.  I actually got frost bite on my palm and thumb once from filling tires with my CO2 set up.  Didn't realize just how cold it was.

Co2 will freeze up most regulators after one tire,but powertank and a few other mfg have solved this problem with specific regulators just For co2. 

Thanks everyone for the info