Venom

Paddle tires: Which ones (Can Am X3 XRS)

Looking at buying paddles and beadlocks for my X3 (Stock clutch). Which paddle tires have you had luck with?  Which are ones to avoid?

I don’t remember if you got a 2 or a 4 seat car. I’ve got the 2 seat with 30” and 10 paddles from Scat.  They are on 8” wide rims that aren’t headlocks and they seem to work well.  I just need to remember to always have it in 4wd cause I’m special. 

2D014F23-9D31-48BF-BC4F-1E0058ADE883.jpeg

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Looking at buying paddles and beadlocks for my X3 (Stock clutch). Which paddle tires have you had luck with?  Which are ones to avoid?

I think this is what you need. 

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/FOR_SALE:Can-Am-Skat-trak-paddles-with-Method-beadlocks--154888

2 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

I don’t remember if you got a 2 or a 4 seat car. I’ve got the 2 seat with 30” and 10 paddles from Scat.  They are on 8” wide rims that aren’t headlocks and they seem to work well.  I just need to remember to always have it in 4wd cause I’m special. 

2D014F23-9D31-48BF-BC4F-1E0058ADE883.jpeg

I just bought a set of 1/2 doors off Amazon for $135 shipped. They are really nice for the money. I'm not sure if you're in the market but here's the link if you are.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075Y1SZCH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13.00-15 Padla-Trak with tributes up front, works great even with stock clutch.

C138E6FA-CBA2-4087-AD6A-A5DE0A53E5F1.jpeg

A99A6D88-0509-474C-A3F9-4766BEE5BFBE.jpeg

Call Fullerton Sand Sports. They have their own line of tires made to Dave's specs, by Hoosier. 

Well worth the call for info. Talk to Dave or Cole. Tell them I sent ya

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hondajimz said:

x2...this is close to the set up I have and they work GREAT!!! I'd jump on these.

Nice find hondajimz!!

Edited by bizness

9 hours ago, hondajimz said:

I just bought a set of 1/2 doors off Amazon for $135 shipped. They are really nice for the money. I'm not sure if you're in the market but here's the link if you are.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075Y1SZCH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks buddy got a set of Extreme doors.  

33852F5A-2CA9-44BF-BB46-ED840EC1D9A7.png

I saw those Skat Tracs, but I also saw a set of 32” STI Sand Drifters paddles and 2-rib front tires with beadlocks for $1200. Anyone have any info (good or bad) on those?

B5F687CE-CFFB-4591-A51C-8EB1B1C4134A.jpeg

If you don't want to spend Skat level money, then the best of the more budget friendly ones are the 32" CST Sandblast.

3 hours ago, Venom said:

I saw those Skat Tracs, but I also saw a set of 32” STI Sand Drifters paddles and 2-rib front tires with beadlocks for $1200. Anyone have any info (good or bad) on those?

B5F687CE-CFFB-4591-A51C-8EB1B1C4134A.jpeg

I wouldn't waste my money. Spend the little bit extra and try to get those scats. They are the lightest and best set up for your ride.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, matt86m said:

Call Fullerton Sand Sports. They have their own line of tires made to Dave's specs, by Hoosier. 

I second this...  

Money not being the primary driver ,the Fullerton Sand Sport 30 inch is the best “all around dune tire “

I takes serious juice and spot on clutching to pull the Fullerton 32 

(I’m partial to Fullerton tire because it’s a mini version of our funco rears 😄

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK IS THE CST... 30 inch should not require clutching  ,but is always better with proper clutching 

32 CST  works great but clutching is a must 

Just my humble opinion 

“ 

On 7/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, matt86m said:

My boss bought a set of those been happy with them seem to be similar to an stu 13.00 with a softer rubber. IMO seems many over paddle their SxS  

Late but my 2 cents. 

The Skats if you want speed, the FSTs for everything else.  You can get the FSTs comp cut  dunno if that increases speed  

Buy a quality bead locker wheel. The bead locker helps with the lower pressures, roll overs, run flats and help protects the wheel from rock damage. 

I experience all the above all the time. 

95500A2A-B5A9-4387-B4DC-951D7340C38C.thumb.jpeg.2941d5fcfa11e82da9ca6ae9b2babd08.jpeg