Retired

All joking aside, WTF is happening to this country?! This makes me sad. Very sad.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/07/12/protests-ice-aurora-immigration-raids/

I came here as an illegal immigrant when I was 1 and I was taught by my illegal parents (at the time) to love, honor and respect this country.  How can you be a Mexican living in this country and be happy or proud of this shit??!!!

Shouldn't you be an American living in this country?

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Retired said:

I came here as an illegal immigrant when I was 1 and I was taught by my illegal parents (at the time) to love, honor and respect this country.  How can you be a Mexican living in this country and be happy or proud of this shit??!!!

What do you mean what has it come to? We’ve tried to uphold our laws since the beginning (AS DOES EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH).  The biggest problem i see is if you love living here so much call yourself an american not mexican. Im an irish immigrant descendant i dont refer to myself as irish. 

Its kind of like any other law. Break it, pay the consequences. If i quit paying taxes, eventually uncle sam is gonna come get me and my kids are gonna cry. BUT ITS MY FAULT. 

Why did your parents leave mexico? I would love to hear their story, your story, what attempts you have made at citizenship, i went camping with a dood from south africa last week that is a legal immigrant, he did it the right way. He said it took time, he’s  not from a powerful or rich family he did it. This topic came up and he said he is not african, not african american, he is american, illegals frustrate him and cut right past him. 

My biggest question is; mexico is such a beautiful place, why dont mexicans fight to fix their effed up govt. then they could happily live in mexico and call themselves proud mexicans

Edited by sausage450r

Posted (edited)

if i saw some mother effer do that to the :stand: i'd beat the crap out of him, mother effers..............

Edited by I'm Sorry

A different perspective:

I am an American living in Russia. I am proud to be an American and also proud to live in Russia. I am legal (equivalent of a green card status there).

Of course there are things I complain about in Russia, as anyone does in any country, but I live there partially because it is a great country to live in.  I respect it. I respect the people that live there (Russians). I respect their leadership, even though I do not agree with a lot of it.

I think it is reasonable for me to expect the same from folks that live in the US, especially those that emigrate and want to stay here permanently! I have the same sentiment as RETIRED: how can you want to be here and yet disrespect it so blatantly?

50 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

What do you mean what has it come to? We’ve tried to uphold our laws since the beginning (AS DOES EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH).  The biggest problem i see is if you love living here so much call yourself an american not mexican. Im an irish immigrant descendant i dont refer to myself as irish. 

Its kind of like any other law. Break it, pay the consequences. If i quit paying taxes, eventually uncle sam is gonna come get me and my kids are gonna cry. BUT ITS MY FAULT. 

Why did your parents leave mexico? I would love to hear their story, your story, what attempts you have made at citizenship, i went camping with a dood from south africa last week that is a legal immigrant, he did it the right way. He said it took time, he’s  not from a powerful or rich family he did it. This topic came up and he said he is not african, not african american, he is american, illegals frustrate him and cut right past him. 

My biggest question is; mexico is such a beautiful place, why dont mexicans fight to fix their effed up govt. then they could happily live in mexico and call themselves proud mexicans

Opportunity.  We all became citizens in the mid 80s.  Never received any form of government assistance.  Parents did everything on their own with perseverance and hard work....as have I.  They were owners of a 15m business.  I went to school a d earned my MBA.

2 hours ago, Retired said:

I think most of us (of similar history) feel the same about that. So effing backwards and ignorant. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Retired said:

Opportunity.  We all became citizens in the mid 80s.  Never received any form of government assistance.  Parents did everything on their own with perseverance and hard work....as have I.  They were owners of a 15m business.  I went to school a d earned my MBA.

Good for you, why didnt they use the legal process to come here? How hard was it to gain legal status? The earlier mentioned guy from south africa said it took many years, but he lived here the whole time legally on a work visa. I wish there was an easy answer to this situation. The only one i can see that is feasible and “fair” would be; put the border patrol back on the border. Seal up the border. Grant a path to citizenship for minors of illegals (stipulations of no criminal activity). And guard that border after.  It will never happen though. I feel for you and your family. I really do. But i have to use my head and not my heart in these matters.

Edited by sausage450r

10 hours ago, Retired said:

I was born here, as were all relatives back to prehistory.

We've been fighting illegal immigration since 1492.

In all fairness, there was some inbreeding, as I'm part Cherokee, part Choctaw, part Texican.

MBA  = Mexican Bad Ass? :rbj:

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Retired said:

try pulling a stunt like that in Mexicali, and see how that works out for you.  The court system is to blame IMHO for a lot of the woes in this country.. When the line between right and wrong  began to move, or was blurred because it suited somebody or someone. The moral decline of this nation began.. and When  lady justice is forced to look the other way on crime, it just breeds more crime and decay... If  crimes like stealing , murder, rape had the same sentences that they did 70-100 years ago, you can bet your a$$ that peeps wouldn't be doing  these  crimes nearly as much.. Now,....theft pays, murders make plea deals, rapist can walk on technicalities, etc etc.. It has neutered police in many parts of the country.. And seriously, who'd want to be a cop in that hotbed?? They have to be wondering does the department or the Government have my back when I go out there and enforce the law? Or will I be left  hanging out to dry when someone videos me arresting a almost guaranteed violent, non complying, suspect, get sued  civilly and lose the life I worked for rightfully ???? There is so much irony in todays world .. And when the law has no teeth, it only emboldens activity like this.

Edited by SCHMIDTY

I'm first born American on my dad's side of the family.  My grandparents emigrated from Canada, with their 4 sons, to the US legally in 1957.  They all had green cards until they became citizens.  No idea how the process works and we never really talked much about it.  I'm sure if it was a big deal or super complicated than the topic would have been discussed but it never was.  Probably because it wasn't a big deal to them.  They did it the right way and it worked.

One of my supervisors at work is from Mexico and took a day off last month because his mother was getting her citizenship.  I asked how long she had been here and he said over 20 years.  He became a US citizen many years ago but she never did, until recently.  I didn't ask why because that may have led to an uncomfortable conversation. 

I'll never understand the protesters.  Do they really feel they're making a difference?  

Although your parents immigrated illegally they came with the intentions like many immigrants back in the day of providing a better life for themselves and their kids. I’m not sure how difficult the legal path would have been or if they snuck in or overstayed a visa  my point is they did not come to suck on the tit of the US.  I do think it was different 30-40 years ago people wanted to succeed.   

Now the illegals want to come for all the freebies and truthfully why wouldn’t they? Guys like Newsome are promising them everything for free and in return the Dems get the vote. It’s sickening to me that the government is condoning this. 

My grandparents and my mom all came here legally from Portugal. When my dad brought my mom over the first thing he did was put her in school to speak the language, then  when she wanted to work he said of course, and my aunt helped get her a job. We’ve always been Americans first at my house and we are very proud of our Portuguese heritage. We celebrate events in our Portuguese community to keep traditions alive but we also know that the US is the greatest country on earth.   

I’m not sure how flag burning and the like were deemed to be free speech but I sure wish that would be revisited. 

If they like Mexico so much why don't they go back. DON~~~

I cannot figure it out ...If you came here to be in a better place, then don't come in and tell people you "deserve" to change  the place you came to and try to make it the same as where you came from. Maybe its a lack of IQ or education, or just a severe cultural issue. Be here be happy, be a positive part of the equation, stop asking for hand outs and get to work and or school (and most do and I respect that)  and if want to be an activist go back to your S hole country and make that a better place so you can stay there. Stop telling me how great that place is - if its so great - go back. 

Is that too un caring and harsh?

sorry if this makes me "racist" but I believe anyone that refuses or cannot assimilate to our culture or way of life should be DEPORTED. Wanna come to the US and enjoy our freedoms and way of life that's great, if not :pipe: GTFO

The Irony is this.  They fly a Mexican flag to protest the ICE raids........

The ICE raids are not after Mexicans they are after people south of Mexico who came here claimed asylum for whatever reason. 

When they arrived they claimed asylum.  They were held for a short period while they waited for a Immigration Judge  the judge gave them a court date and were released. They were no longer illegal they  were actually legally here at that point.

ICE is going around rounding up the ones who either didn't go to the court date or who were found not to have a reason for there asylum and were issued a order of deportation.

Nobody seems to have a problem when they round up the dead beat parents who don't pay child support, Nobody seems to have a problem when Cops go out into the streets and find people who have outstanding warrants.  Hell Dog the Bounty Hunter had a hit show for rounding up people who didn't go to their court date.

It's not somebody's Nana who has been living in the shadows illegally for 25 years they are after it's the people who we don't really need here.  People who are refusing to follow the rules to actually become citizens 

46 minutes ago, MWB said:

The ICE raids are not after Mexicans they are after people south of Mexico who came here claimed asylum for whatever reason. 

When they arrived they claimed asylum.  They were held for a short period while they waited for a Immigration Judge  the judge gave them a court date and were released. They were no longer illegal they  were actually legally here at that point.

ICE is going around rounding up the ones who either didn't go to the court date or who were found not to have a reason for there asylum and were issued a order of deportation.

Nobody seems to have a problem when they round up the dead beat parents who don't pay child support, Nobody seems to have a problem when Cops go out into the streets and find people who have outstanding warrants.  Hell Dog the Bounty Hunter had a hit show for rounding up people who didn't go to their court date.

It's not somebody's Nana who has been living in the shadows illegally for 25 years they are after it's the people who we don't really need here.  People who are refusing to follow the rules to actually become citizens 

They don't seem to care when they round up all the homeless either.

1 hour ago, MWB said:

My Nana became a Citizen when my Mom was in HS, actually, so did my Mom. Here via Visa and legal process. So leave my Nana out of this  :sha:

BUT...What is American Culture? It is Dynamic and Immigration trends will have a slight impact to it. Like a little Chili or Curry or Sriracha to spice it up just a tad.

Image result for melting pot

Keep in mind - I'm not talking about Multiculturalism, that crap is failing in Europe. Just as we are the UNITED States, we need to be the UNITED "Americans" as well, hyphens don't upset me at all.

Image result for mexican americans cheech

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, Retired said:

Some deranged patriot is going to open fire on one of these "protests" and start the revolution...…….

54 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Some deranged patriot is going to open fire on one of these "protests" and start the revolution...…….

doubtful... it'll be a leftist posing as a "deranged patriot" just like all the other shootings so they can push their agenda even further

3 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

BUT...What is American Culture? It is Dynamic and Immigration trends will have a slight impact to it. Like a little Chili or Curry or Sriracha to spice it up just a tad.

The problem is, we no longer "melt" into a single culture or people.  Most of the "immigrants" these days only come here for the benefits and they stick together, practicing their own beliefs, customs and never make any attempts to learn "our" culture, language or way of life.

It is time for America to establish an identity.  Declare the majority language as the official language.  Declare the majority customs, norms and beliefs as the official structure and identity of our country.  I'm tired of "immigrants" invading my country and trying to make it just like the same sh*t hole they just left.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

My Nana became a Citizen when my Mom was in HS, actually, so did my Mom. Here via Visa and legal process. So leave my Nana out of this  :sha:

Keep in mind - I'm not talking about Multiculturalism, that crap is failing in Europe. Just as we are the UNITED States, we need to be the UNITED "Americans" as well, hyphens don't upset me at all.

Image result for mexican americans cheech

American culture is french fries in our carne burritos and green tinted sour cream called american guac! 😁

Edited by Legit Duner

38 minutes ago, Legit Duner said:

American culture is french fries in our carne burritos and green tinted sour cream called american guac! 😁

I don't think so, Bucky.. you just made me throw up in my mouth a little, and I am about as hometown, cornfed, white-sock wearing Murican as you can get.  

19 hours ago, fullthrottleguy said:

I cannot figure it out ...If you came here to be in a better place, then don't come in and tell people you "deserve" to change  the place you came to and try to make it the same as where you came from. Maybe its a lack of IQ or education, or just a severe cultural issue. Be here be happy, be a positive part of the equation, stop asking for hand outs and get to work and or school (and most do and I respect that)  and if want to be an activist go back to your S hole country and make that a better place so you can stay there. Stop telling me how great that place is - if its so great - go back. 

Is that too un caring and harsh?

It is definitely a lack of iq and education. I remember when Trump was catching a bunch of flack about referring to certain countries as shitholes. One day while having lunch with my dad he was able to confirm that all of the countries mentioned were indeed shitholes and he'd seen it with his own eyes when he'd travelled there.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AlpineFunco said:

It is definitely a lack of iq and education. I remember when Trump was catching a bunch of flack about referring to certain countries as shitholes. One day while having lunch with my dad he was able to confirm that all of the countries mentioned were indeed shitholes and he'd seen it with his own eyes when he'd travelled there.

Been all around the world for work. There are a lot of shitholes. Hell, even the “nice” countries like Qatar and Dubai are shitholes with nice wallpaper. :bigrin 

Edited by Rockwood