3 minutes ago, GRANT@FUNCO said:

This guy has no choice , ASS UP HEAD DOWN work as hard as possible to out run the beaurcrats.  Fact is I like more about Ca then I hate.  beach mountains deserts  dunes all within quick striking distance. Oh

Yeah , then there is this , Current commercial  bldg. is paid for. This will help us grow our revenue streams. Plus we have to many tethers . family ,grandkids ,in laws  vendors. When we do decide if and when to bail , this is our ticket

Anybody down for a moving party  ,we get the keys the week of SSSS , timing is a beautiful thing  NOT ! 

Mid August we are planning a blowout parking lot sale.  

bldg 4.jpg

bldg 3.jpg

bldg 2.jpg

BLDG 1.jpg

Very nice building.  That should give you guys lots of room.    Going to be fun preparing for the Sand Show and the move.   Won't be stressful at all.    

People are moving out, but it isn't the good skilled workers, it is mostly retired and people that can't find good work here.  I have no interest in moving to another city filled with retired transplants from CA.  I love the fact people are moving to AZ (Flagstaff, Sedona, and much of Phoenix are liberal already) and the state is becoming more liberal everyday, and in ten years, do these transplants move again???  ALL of this country is fighting liberalism, it is a disease slowly spreading.  If any of the CA democrats running for President win, we are doomed forever...………….I will be moving to Mexico or Costa Rica, lol

If anyone was smart and had some balls, they would be opening Mortuary's where all these retirees are moving to, they could make a killing...…..haha  Seriously, this is the fastest growing businesses around, and very lucrative.

10 minutes ago, GRANT@FUNCO said:

This guy has no choice , ASS UP HEAD DOWN work as hard as possible to out run the beaurcrats.  Fact is I like more about Ca then I hate.  beach mountains deserts  dunes all within quick striking distance. Oh

Yeah , then there is this , Current commercial  bldg. is paid for. This will help us grow our revenue streams. Plus we have to many tethers . family ,grandkids ,in laws  vendors. When we do decide if and when to bail , this is our ticket

Anybody down for a moving party  ,we get the keys the week of SSSS , timing is a beautiful thing  NOT ! 

bldg 4.jpg

bldg 3.jpg

bldg 2.jpg

BLDG 1.jpg

If you're ass up and head down, when do you get the time to go to the beach, the mountains, the desert for a vacation?

Seems like the bureaucrats are the only ones winning. It looks like people are too busy to enjoy life, waiting for the right time to leave, or waiting to die. We can't forget about all of the people stuck in nursing homes paying the CA sunshine tax while they're waiting to die.

3 minutes ago, Cookie said:

People are moving out, but it isn't the good skilled workers, it is mostly retired and people that can't find good work here.  I have no interest in moving to another city filled with retired transplants from CA.  I love the fact people are moving to AZ (Flagstaff, Sedona, and much of Phoenix are liberal already) and the state is becoming more liberal everyday, and in ten years, do these transplants move again???  ALL of this country is fighting liberalism, it is a disease slowly spreading.  If any of the CA democrats running for President win, we are doomed forever...………….I will be moving to Mexico or Costa Rica, lol

If anyone was smart and had some balls, they would be opening Mortuary's where all these retirees are moving to, they could make a killing...…..haha  Seriously, this is the fastest growing businesses around, and very lucrative.

I've been told nursing homes are the most lucrative. Charge $8K to $10K per month and stuff 2 of them into a room. They spend years there,  lot more than a casket and a funeral costs.

1 minute ago, socaldmax said:

If you're ass up and head down, when do you get the time to go to the beach, the mountains, the desert for a vacation?

Seems like the bureaucrats are the only ones winning. It looks like people are too busy to enjoy life, waiting for the right time to leave, or waiting to die. We can't forget about all of the people stuck in nursing homes paying the CA sunshine tax while they're waiting to die.

As always your sunny  disposition  shines right through.

Its called TIME MANAGEMENT my friend

Just now, GRANT@FUNCO said:

As always your sunny  disposition  shines right through.

Its called TIME MANAGEMENT my friend

I just quoted you. You're the one who said, "ass up head down."

That doesn't sound like time management. My sunny disposition has nothing to do with it, just took you literally at your word. No need to get pissy, my friend.

Posted (edited)

... I have little chance of leaving.. born and raised in OC, California. My wife lived in Florida, Michigan and California for the past 30+ years. 

My sister, brother-in-law and their 4 of 5 kids live in Newbury Park

My Step-Dad and Mother are in Rialto (a few houses away from Gil founder of Funco).

My Dad and Step-Mom are on the water in Newport (Lido Isle)

Mother-in-Law is 2 miles away in Laguna Woods (retirement community, she's 85)

Father-in-Law is in Torrance

I run my business from my home (I literally drive under 20 miles per week). But it is 'internet' based distributor (so also higher warehouse expenses). I could live in any state so long as I can get to a UPS/Fed-Ex store a few times a week.

If we were in a no state income tax state, like NV, I'd have 7 figures (more) in the bank.. yup, make $400k at 13.3%, at the current California state income tax rate, that's $53,200 in lost income in 1 just one FRIGGIN year!!!... for example vs. 0.0%. Of course there are a zillion other expenses (gas is a big one) that also make it even worse  financially to be in California.

So besides, family and weather, there is no logical reason why we should live here.  That being said, I honestly don't think my wife will EVER let us leave CA.

My youngest goes into the 8th grade. I've promised.. threatened.. the old lady that once she graduates H.S. (hopefully off to college somewhere), that we should be smart and leave... Actually, I'll probably get served divorce papers during her graduation party, pot will be chopped.. then I'm off to Montana... so who knows.. maybe 5 years away...

Oh.. I have to live that long though.. so there's that... :ddance:

Have a pleasant afternoon.

abc

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Mortuary's are economy proof - people are dying for the business no matter what.  LOL!!

I agree that a good majority of the people that are moving out are retiring  and those that can not find good work.  AZ and other states political landscape has been changing as the people that move there still bring there political beliefs with them.  Also as those states populations increase, especially in the bigger cities, the demands of the citizens come with it. 

Edited by Sand Shark

That sounds quite a bit different.

Is there anything horribly wrong with me trying to figure out how to move to Morongo Valley or Yucca Valley? 

6 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

I just quoted you. You're the one who said, "ass up head down."

That doesn't sound like time management. My sunny disposition has nothing to do with it, just took you literally at your word. No need to get pissy, my friend.

Oh I'm sorry your RIGHT

I should of said ASS UP HEAD DOWN M-F   8 to 5 except weekend ,holidays, and vacations

45 minutes ago, GRANT@FUNCO said:

bldg 4.jpg

Congrats on the new digs!  Can't wait to wander around in there checking out the new builds.

I have a few flatbeds to help you guys move all your stuff, just give me the dates and I'll make it happen.  I'm also down for the parking lot sale.  But I'll be there the day before, cause we go way back! 

And, I love it here for the same reasons as you and I'm not going anywhere.

32 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

Is there anything horribly wrong with me trying to figure out how to move to Morongo Valley or Yucca Valley? 

Other than you are in BFE and the area has not changed much in 30 years other than some new homes, nothing wrong at all.    Good news is you are really close to Johnson Valley. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, SANDPSYCHO said:

The flight of the middle class. 

Forgot to add businesses. I know of 3 going to Tennessee.. 

FB_IMG_1522366108039.jpg

Edited by ahipara 55

Posted (edited)

If ur earning 700k+ in CA and you move to NV, the state tax savings alone will pay the mortgage on a $1m+ house (which is like a $3m house in CA. Hate this f'n state, but chained for a couple more years).  My buddy and I joke that you know ur a CA residents when you'Re a 1%er and still can't afford groceries........

@Grant@funco will that august blowout parking sale have a discount coupon on orders for a new build?   Asking for a friend.........

Edited by 1newbie
update

17 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

If ur earning 700k+ in CA and you move to NV, the state tax savings alone will pay the mortgage on a $1m+ house (which is like a $3m house in CA. Hate this f'n state, but chained for a couple more years).  My buddy and I joke that you know ur a CA residents when you'Re a 1%er and still can't afford groceries........

@Grant@funco will that august blowout parking sale have a discount coupon on orders for a new build?   Asking for a friend.........

Absolutely.  Have your Freind reach out anytime m

53 minutes ago, ahipara 55 said:

FB_IMG_1522366108039.jpg

This is one I saw down near Huston Texass.

20190630_132037.thumb.jpg.d406ec49390e7b3ef87a40f479278f28.jpg

On 7/18/2019 at 4:06 PM, GRANT@FUNCO said:

bldg 4.jpg

bldg 3.jpg

bldg 2.jpg

BLDG 1.jpg

Can Lowly old rhino owners come and hang too? :biggrin:

Congrats on the new digs!  :oto:

On 7/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, Phoenix7 said:

YES!!!!

Dont get me started.  

I have my horses in YV.