Sign in to follow this  
Lepimpster

Hercules Tires for Toyhauler

Have any of you used or have the Hercules Tires on your toyhauler? How do you like them? I'm in need of some tires and was recommended I get the Hercules

I got a set on my toy hauler before last season .

No problems with handling or towing but it's only been 6 trips or so.

I run hercules tires on all my cars/trucks, i never had them on my toyhauler but do have them on my 20’ car hauler. I dont tow but a few times a year with it, but so far so good. Been running the terra tracs a/t2 on my trucks for 6-7 years and love them. Same as toyo as far as im concerned

I had a set on mt TH, never had a problem with them.

the Sailun has been the best trailer tire I have had so far,

Posted (edited)

Had Hercules on my old trailer zero issues with them but I change them every five years no matter what.

Edited by cali kid

I have a set on my 38 foot 5th wheel and no problems yet. I don't tow much. 

I've ran Hercules tires on my trailers for years. I'm really impressed with them.

I have them on all my work trailers and overload them on a regular basis, the Hercules or the sailun is also a very nice tire.

Not a toy hauler, but I have run them on my RV for just under 3 years with no problems.    I will be buying them again.   

couple of reasons I like the saliun also, is they specialize in Semi Truck Tires, and the trailer tires look close to a hd Semi truck tire,  and was hard to find any negative review on the tires,

I have owned mine for 4 years, trailer is a 47-foot and loaded is 21,000lbs  I run about 75-80mph  on the highway,

I have always ran the Hercules tires on my trailers, 10 to 14 ply, made in same factory as Toyo from what I was told and had good luck. I just put Sailuns on my 40ft genesis and they toy great just hoping I get the same mileage out of them as my previous trailer Hercules tires.

at $260 for four times mounted I swap them out every 3 years on my toyhauler. 

I don't want to derail this in to a "Go 16 inch wheel and tire combo and don't look back", but it depends on what load range and how big and heavy your trailer is.  I used 5 different brands of ST225/75R15 load range E 2850 lbs "trailer" tires including Hercules and they all failed in short order.  Nothing lasted longer than 1.5 yrs and had blowouts or separations EVERY trip, usually multiple.  The problem, I believe, was Forest River spec'd 225/75/15 E rated tires for my triple axle 38 ft Sierra Sport and it just wasn't enough.  The trailer was 11k dry, GVWR was 15950, CCC  was 4k.   Now I know I was probably over by a few hundred pounds or so, but not thousands.  Went to 16 inch wheels and tires and never again, not once had another blowout or separation in 4yrs before I sold the trailer.  16 tires I used were Goodyear 614 RST G Rated 14 ply 3750 lbs.  Point being make sure whatever tire you get is not running near the max load (lbs) rating.