jwest2sh

Fuel station fill spout

I'm having a fill station put in my trailer at Universal trailers.  Where are you guys putting the fill spout?  They normally install it in the side of the trailer right next to the tank but it will protrude into the inside of the trailer about 5"?  I need every inch to get my car in the trailer?  Are there other options for the fill spout?  It would look like the one in the picture.

thanks,

~jw

IMG_4927.jpg

Following........quick question.  Do you have a battery set up, or are you adding a battery & charger etc.?

31 minutes ago, Foscheck said:

Following........quick question.  Do you have a battery set up, or are you adding a battery & charger etc.?

I'll be adding a 12V deep cycle to the trailer to run the 12V lights, tongue jack and fuel station.  I can run it through the 7pin plug right now but the ignition has to be "ON" on the tow vehicle.

~jw

Got it. Thank you

The lower you have them put it, the harder it's going to be to fill. Hard to tell from that pic but it looks to stick out abut as much as the bed and the wheel well, doesn't seem too bad.

23 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

The lower you have them put it, the harder it's going to be to fill. Hard to tell from that pic but it looks to stick out abut as much as the bed and the wheel well, doesn't seem too bad.

This ^^^^ 

Unless you rear paddle is going to be sitting on the protrusion it shouldn't be noticed at all pulling your car in and out. 

I would put a hinged door in the floor and put a top mounted fill on the tank.  Search Summit or Speedway for fuel cell filler necks & caps to see the options should be a low profile option that would work for you, and they are bolt on with a gasket for sealing.  

Went through this same exercise planning my fuel station addition on my enclosed and this is my solution.  I have done nothing to execute yet except for accumulate all the parts.  

Obviously the tank would need to be located such that the filler would be accessible when your car is loaded....

1 hour ago, evantwheeler said:

I would put a hinged door in the floor and put a top mounted fill on the tank.  Search Summit or Speedway for fuel cell filler necks & caps to see the options should be a low profile option that would work for you, and they are bolt on with a gasket for sealing.  

Went through this same exercise planning my fuel station addition on my enclosed and this is my solution.  I have done nothing to execute yet except for accumulate all the parts.  

Obviously the tank would need to be located such that the filler would be accessible when your car is loaded....

My buddy bought a trailer set up that way. There is a small door on the drivers side of the trailer. He has to get the trailer fairly close to the pump. Turn it on put the nozzle through the little door. Go around to the passenger side. Climb in over his car neal down between the car and trailer wall, open the little door in the floor, take off the cap and start filling. If it takes to swipes of your credit card to fill it you get to do it twice. It seems like a PITA to me. 

41 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

My buddy bought a trailer set up that way. There is a small door on the drivers side of the trailer. He has to get the trailer fairly close to the pump. Turn it on put the nozzle through the little door. Go around to the passenger side. Climb in over his car neal down between the car and trailer wall, open the little door in the floor, take off the cap and start filling. If it takes to swipes of your credit card to fill it you get to do it twice. It seems like a PITA to me. 

That program is certainly a PITA.  Since the OP is having it built, he could have it built to not be a PITA.

Thanks for all the responses fellas.  I haven't been getting notifications since the upgrade?  Anyway....not sure what they are doing with it.  I haven't talked to them since last week.  The pic was only a reference.  My trailer doesn't have a bed and I'll need to drive over the wheel wells.  Still looking at all the options at this point.

tks,

~jw

2 hours ago, jwest2sh said:

Thanks for all the responses fellas.  I haven't been getting notifications since the upgrade?  Anyway....not sure what they are doing with it.  I haven't talked to them since last week.  The pic was only a reference.  My trailer doesn't have a bed and I'll need to drive over the wheel wells.  Still looking at all the options at this point.

tks,

~jw

I was going to mount mine at the front of the trailer  and run a fill tube down through the floor and back to the tank 

9 minutes ago, punkur67 said:

I was going to mount mine at the front of the trailer  and run a fill tube down through the floor and back to the tank 

I was thinking about running a long fill tube from the front of the trailer to the tank....not sure if it would interfere with the axles though? I wish they were closer so I could stop by the shop and look at it.  I haven't had the trailer that long so I can't picture it.  I don't want the tank forward of the axles for weight and balance.  I'm eventually going to put a fresh water tank and grey water up there.  

Tank can go wherever you can fit it best, but not too close to the tire in case of a blowout.

IMG_2138.thumb.JPG.48641b29866d8f783af7f90d1a2ea267.JPG

57645968-AE8D-4C2A-84CC-9E10516BBAFE.thumb.jpeg.7dfef8284562b2311985c1b8a0a58783.jpeg

xkzymmy2syh0v2xbzv1eo5vb7k7b13.jpg

15 hours ago, punkur67 said:

That would make for cutting a hole through every cross brace back to the tank. Also if the trailer is sitting nose low impossible to fill. 

If your going to have to drive on the wheel wells what if you extend the drivers side wheel well forward or rearward a couple feet to hide the transition. 

If not backing rail in, just ratchet strap the front together. I have same problem if I don't suck the front end up but I load mine head first.