JKR951

C8 Corvette pre-order

Anyone have success reserving or pre-ordering a 2020 C8 Corvette ? 

1 hour ago, JKR951 said:

Anyone have success reserving or pre-ordering a 2020 C8 Corvette ? 

Not yet.  My dealer said not until the end of this month. :nag:

Posted (edited)

My buddy just read online "SOLD OUT"

Edited by b1stin

Will be interesting to see what these cars actually cost with all the demand.

34 minutes ago, b1stin said:

My buddy just read online "SOLD OUT"

I just read the same thing, sold of for the first years production !

Got that confirmed today  - they are sold out 

I think many Dealers just bought them

This was the same when I bought my Scat-Pak - first year they were all bought buy Dealers who marked them up 20-50K.  luckily Dodge would not let dealers mark up and resell the Hellcats after they did that the first year - so they were not pre sold out and went for real prices 2-5K over list to cover "accessories"  over priced ceramic coat etc,

I hope GM does same thing

If I had to have one (I don't) and I was willing to pay the premium (I'm not) I could find a dealer somewhere who had one for sale. I'm not convinced General Motors has deposits for every single C8 scheduled for the 2020 production run.  There might be some tom-foolery going on there. 

Miata anyone?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, fullthrottleguy said:

Got that confirmed today  - they are sold out 

I think many Dealers just bought them

This was the same when I bought my Scat-Pak - first year they were all bought buy Dealers who marked them up 20-50K.  luckily Dodge would not let dealers mark up and resell the Hellcats after they did that the first year - so they were not pre sold out and went for real prices 2-5K over list to cover "accessories"  over priced ceramic coat etc,

I hope GM does same thing

The same shit happened a couple years ago when the new Shelby GT350 Mustang was released... sticker said 59k, crossed out and written in by hand 95k with a note: adjusted for market value :scared:  :bird:

Edited by Orange_R

8 hours ago, fortyfour said:

If I had to have one (I don't) and I was willing to pay the premium (I'm not) I could find a dealer somewhere who had one for sale. I'm not convinced General Motors has deposits for every single C8 scheduled for the 2020 production run.  There might be some tom-foolery going on there. 

Corvette guys are nuts.  I remember back in 2008 when we had the crash and GM did employee pricing.  I was in the dealership buying a new Dmax because of the stupid low price.  On the sales board for the month there was 1 truck sold (mine) and 37 Corvettes.  This was in Scottsdale.  My rep said it happens every time there is a new body style or employee pricing.  Almost all of them were repeat clients with cash for days.

They had a limited production so the bigger the dealer the more you get, if you are a dealer aren't you going to take the most they will let you get? That is probably why they are all sold out. DON~~~ 

1 hour ago, donparscale said:

They had a limited production so the bigger the dealer the more you get, if you are a dealer aren't you going to take the most they will let you get? That is probably why they are all sold out. DON~~~ 

Dammit ......... that makes too much sense!

4 minutes ago, JKR951 said:

Dammit ......... that makes too much sense!

Same thing happened with the Ford GT40. DON~~~

The only one I ever seen was at the Barrett-Jackson. DON~~~

Barett-Jackson_003.JPG

From the horses mouth: Dealers are given a quota depending on how many cars sold the year prior. There are 4200 dealers nationwide. A particular dealer in Phoenix is getting 6 cars.  List of people is well over 50 people and growing. They will do a lottery for the 6 cars. You must put up $10,000 refundable to try win the lottery. You must also agree to pay $20,000 above MSRP if lucky enough to be drawn. 

F That ....... I'm out. Should have known it would turn into a CF

35 minutes ago, JKR951 said:

F That ....... I'm out. Should have known it would turn into a CF

That is the cost of trying to be one of the first.  I would not want a first year version anyway.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

That is the cost of trying to be one of the first.  I would not want a first year version anyway.

Normally I don't either but this time I was willing to go for it. I did speak to the sales manager @ Rotolo , was told I could pre-order for 2021 but that was a buzz kill.

Edited by JKR951

13 hours ago, onanysunday said:

From the horses mouth: Dealers are given a quota depending on how many cars sold the year prior. There are 4200 dealers nationwide. A particular dealer in Phoenix is getting 6 cars.  List of people is well over 50 people and growing. They will do a lottery for the 6 cars. You must put up $10,000 refundable to try win the lottery. You must also agree to pay $20,000 above MSRP if lucky enough to be drawn. 

And if it is like the COPO Lottery you get x number of hours to fund the account for the remainder and if you fail to do so  you get your deposit back and they move to the next person.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, onanysunday said:

A friend of mine did the lottery on the COPO Camaro and was lucky enough to get one, he didn't even want it, he just bought it for a investment. DON~~~

On 8/2/2019 at 11:23 AM, donparscale said:

A friend of mine did the lottery on the COPO Camaro and was lucky enough to get one, he didn't even want it, he just bought it for a investment. DON~~~

On 7/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, onanysunday said:

That's just that horse.  

53 minutes ago, cola said:

That's just that horse.  

Yep, Wouldn't surprise me if there are deals to be had. Bet you have to know someone.  The demand seems crazy for this new model.  Couple of years you will see them everywhere. One thing that surprised me was the rear tire is not wider. Of course a lot of weight being mid engine. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/05/latest-mid-engine-corvette-spy-shots-uncover-exact-tire-measurements/

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:03 PM, onanysunday said:

Which particular dealer was that?  Courtesy and Sands will likely get many more than 6 each. (Speculation of course - no one really knows what the first year production volume will be)

Don't need wider tires with all of the weight biased on the rear. The only reason Chevrolet was able to offer the ZR1 with 750hp was because Michelin came up with a stickier tire than what the Z06 came equipped with. 

Edited by fortyfour

I'm over the C8 already. 

What few realize is that the car that will do 0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds has to have the Z51 option in order to do that, the base car that will have a $60k price tag does not have Z51. I'm waiting to see what other engine options Chevrolet will roll out in the coming year or so. Based on their track record, I would bet that option alone for the C8 will be $10k because it will only be available with a trim level of 2LT or better, add in a more powerful engine and you will be buying a car over $100k. 

With that said, we bought a non Z51 base C7 with 1LT level trim and couldn't be happier with it. Our car came with factory installed performance exhaust, chrome wheels and emblems, cargo sunshade and upgraded floor mats. We purposely didn't get a Z51 equipped car, which is bigger vented brake rotors, electronic limited slip diff,  dry sump engine, low rear spoiler and a few other subtle performance enhancements, because we didn't think the spouse would have it up on the bank at PIR at 175 often enough to benefit from it. Hers was destined to be a daily driver. and she has no complaints with it in the 2 years we have had it. The car that we bought is the most popular model of C7. The base C8 might be enough car for the majority of folks who will buy them. 

Nowadays one can buy a gently used C7 Z06 for what we paid for ours. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JDMeister said:

:thumbup:

:repost:

:bag:

Edited by JDMeister