tjZ06

FOR SALE: 2014 BFD Revo (Supercharged Ecotech & Magnum 44) - Exceptionally Clean!!!!!

Posted (edited)

As most of you know, I have O.A.D.D. - Offroad Attention Deficit Disorder. "My thing" is sort of buying cars, getting them perfect, then selling them to start the whole process over again. I know, I know: I have issues. Still, O.A.D.D. has struck again so I'm putting my exceptionally clean, sorted BFD Revo up FOR SALE.

The details:

• Exceptionally clean 2014 BFD Revo - very low use
  • CBM built Ecotec 2.0 Supercharged (real, factory GM LSJ)
  • 19” front travel
  • 17” rear travel
  • 136” overall length
  • 73” front track width
  • 83” rear track width
  • 96” wheelbase
  • HD front hubs and brakes
  • Boxed construction 930 micro stub-trailing arms
  • Custom adjustable pedal assembly
  • Undercarriage protection with 3/16 aluminum skid plates
  • Side steps and grab handle
  • Custom "dead pedal"
  • Tie down mounts
  • Custom aluminum package including drop center hood with scoop, full length side panels, front firewall, roof, dash, and rear quarter panels
  • 16 gal fuel cell (real fuel cell)
  • Holley Hydramat pickup in cell
  • Upgraded hardware package from BFD, including heims, Delren bushings, grade 8 bolts, spacers, etc.
  • Solid aluminum floor and sub floor
  • Walker Evans 2.0 adjustable front coil-overs with piggyback reservoirs (built/tuned by Ed "The Suspension Guy")
  • Walker Evans 2.5 internal bypass adjustable coil-overs with piggyback reservoirs (built/tuned by Ed "The Suspension Guy")
  • Rear 930 micro stub hubs with 4 piston calipers
  • 31” all terrain tires on Method wheels
  • Full contour DOT approved windshield with custom frame
  • Fabricated custom center console and vertical console
  • Wing trunk
  • Electric power steering upgrade
  • Pressure plate 200mm
  • 6-puck disc
  • Giant radiator and fan shroud assembly, upgraded brushless fan
  • Giant heat-exchanger for the intercooler
  • Axle kit: 930 axles with clamps, rave CVs with Chromoly Cage, flanges, CV boots, CV clapms and CV grease
  • M44 Transaxle with PBS shifter
  • Rugged Radio 50 watt car to car kit with 2 PTTs
  • Custom Twisted Stitch Seats with seat heater
  • Twisted Stitch 3” padded 5-point harness
  • Embee powder coating
  • Rigid Dually D2 LED light pair-driving-white
  • Rigid 40” SR series hybrid single row-spot/flood combo-white
  • LED buggy whip
  • Autometer Gauges
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Keith Longerot Magnum 44 Transmission
  • Full set of nearly-new DWT billet beadlock wheels with buffed Baja Pros and Dunesport tires
  • Lots of spare parts, tools and fluids (CVs, heims, CV boots, etc.)

As you probably know I just picked this car up at the start of the season. I planned/hoped to have a lot of time in Glamis this year like I had in the past. Well, life and work just didn't allow for it and so far I've only had 2 trips all season. We have dirt-season about to start up where I live (north of Sacramento, at the foothills of the Sierras) and I want to pick myself up another RZR (Melissa still has her '18 XP Turbo Fox Edition). I really don't want to go back down the road of having 3 off road toys, so the BFD has to go.

Again, this thing is super clean and shows like new. The trailing arms aren't all sand-blasted like every other car out there, the powder coat on the aluminum still shines like new, the Rigged LED lenses aren't sand blasted out, the windshield isn't pitted or scratched, etc. etc.

If you went to the Sand Sports Super Show last summer this was the red BFD Revo in BFD's booth - as you saw it was basically brand new at that point. Since then I've put very little time on it with only 2 trips to G, during which I sent it back to LRS for some upgrades (listed below) so I didn't even run it the whole time.

I like a car that is 110% dialed-in and ready to go, so before I even took it out the car was prepped. Since then I've had LRS change/add:

• Removed super-narrow Method beadlock wheels with "sucked in" STUs that did not complement the incredible handing of the car
  • Added DWT billet beadlock wheels with 33" Baja Pro front ("shaved/buffed") and 14.5-15 Dune Sport rears (aka "a Funco setup"). Being a mid-engine with a 96" wheelbase this car already turned on a dime and handled better than any of my previous cars, but the Baja Pro/Dune Sport setup was the icing on the cake. This is one of the most fun cars you'll ever dune short of a 1000+ HP Gen 6/GT-whatever Funco
  • Custom dead-pedal (aka foot-rest for your left foot when it's not on the clutch)
  • Re-fabbed exhaust to move the muffler out from underneath the fuel cell (safety first)
  • Holley Hydramat (the pickup in the car ran to the bottom of the cell, made a 180 and went about 1/3rd of the way back UP in the cell, so you'd never use more than 2/3rds of the fuel)
  • Added relay triggered by ignition key for seat heaters (to prevent accidentally leaving them on overnight and having a dead battery - yes I'm that ridiculous, everything has to be RIGHT)
  • Added boost-gauge (just fun to watch, but also good to monitor and I had planned to "turn it up" later)
  • All new CV-boots. Full disclosure: one cracked, so I figured the rest were about to go. We replaced the CV that got sand in it with a brand new unit, but cleaned the old one up for a spare, there are now 3 total spare CVs with the car, 2 are brand new (I forgot they came with the car when we bought the new one - d'oh)
  • All CVs serviced while doing boots
  • Fresh plugs
  • Fresh fuel filters (removed pre-filter because the Holley Hydramat acts as a pre-filter, replaced post-filter)
  • All fresh fluids
  • Serviced air filter + spare filter

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but as always no corners were cut and it was "maintained with an open checkbook" exclusively by LRS.

Asking: $33,500 including the Baja Pros/Dunesports on DWT beadlocks, dirt tires on Method non-beadlocks, and the Method beadlock wheels (wheels ONLY), all spares, etc.

This car is 100% ready to go and will be in Glamis 27 MAR - 3 APR if you'd like to see it in person. I also have a DVD with DOZENS of pictures of the build of this car. You can see all the care and detail that went into it, as well as how everything is wired and plumbed so you'll never have to wonder where something is or how it was built.

NOTE - PICS SHOW A MIX OF THE DIFFERENT WHEELS/TIRES AND EXHAUST, I'm horrible at actually taking pictures when I'm out, so I don't have a pic on the DWTs all the way around and the final exhaust config. Come see it in the dunes next week for a full view!

Snzg3OL.png
rmhs68D.jpg
7fJcKco.png
xO5xylU.jpg
1bWOPuZ.jpg
Tbdx1oL.jpg
DQ9sAfr.jpg
5YTv43L.jpg
p9KzJwj.jpg
qcMl2oA.jpg
sUM1VXX.jpg
pRbHgII.jpg

New dead-pedal:
rb6eP4j.jpg
pycfkcg.jpg

Boost Gauge (far right):
ro3BRJp.jpg

DWTs & Dunesports on the back (I was still waiting for the fronts):
aVRLygg.jpg

Pics next to our '18 2-seat XP Turbo Fox Edition to get an idea of the size of the car:
9INsuG8.jpg
1f4ZtSe.jpg

This is honestly one of the most fun dune cars I've ever driven. It can run the big stuff with any fast group you want, no problem, but it can also run the tight, technical smaller dunes better than any of the "big" cars.  Don't let the travel numbers fool you, we have our Fox super well dialed in and my Z1 had a top-notch HCR long travel with big Internal Bypass Kings and I can carry WAY more speed comfortably with this car. I'm way more confident and don't tap-out on drops and G-outs like the RZRs do (even when setup right). Sure, a Can Ma'am might have 22"/24" of wheel travel but this will dune circles around one.

Also, the cab is VERY roomy. I'm about 6' and pretty fat these days (yeah, I need to work on it) and I fit great. It is way roomier inside than a RZR.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll shoot you my phone number so we can chat.

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

Posted (edited)

I also have a built 2.3L Ecotec with ported blower for the car.  This motor should make ~300 RWHP on 91, which will be a friggin' hoot in this car.  Never got around to putting it in the car, but I can include it for $6k additional (this motor was built by Sean from CBM himself for his race-car project, it would cost well over $10k to duplicate).  Sean just did a leak down and all cylinders were with in 2-3psi, and he pulled main and rod caps and inspected the bearings and they were flawless:

• 2.4 Block with oil squirters
  • custom JE pistons 9.5:1 Ceramic coated tops and sides
  • Totalseal rings
  • Clevite bearings
  • Eagle h-beam rods
  • 2.2L GM crank
  • CNC ported new style (individual coil) L61 head - includes cnc ported combustion chambers
  • 82# valve springs (good for 9000rpm)
  • Inconel exhaust valves (oversized)
  • Nitride intake valves (oversized)
  • Comp cams
  • Adjustable cam gears
  • Neutral balance shafts
  • Port matched intake manifold
  • Port matched blower (throttle body inlet does not taper down or use an adapter)
  • 2.7" blower pulley
  • Dual pass innercooler kit
  • 60lb injectors
  • MEFI4B ECU and harness

Fab44Jb.jpg

H1gQg2x.jpg

KyZA0vb.jpg

1rN5gLs.jpg

QM3W1hp.jpg

Edited by tjZ06

This car is like brand new and well maintained. Someone needs to buy this package..

TTT

None of the pics are showing up for me...

32 minutes ago, ltpyro said:

I would check your settings.  They’re working fine on my phone and PC.  

46 minutes ago, ltpyro said:

If you send me your email address I can email you everything. 

Just got home and they work here, weird... I can see all the other threads with photos at work just not this one.

25 minutes ago, ltpyro said:

Just got home and they work here, weird... I can see all the other threads with photos at work just not this one.

Had the exact same issue on my work PC years ago. If the pics are loaded from Photobucket I couldnt see them. 

1 hour ago, L.R.S. said:

Had the exact same issue on my work PC years ago. If the pics are loaded from Photobucket I couldnt see them. 

In this case, I think the pics are on imgur not Photobucket... but still one of the mainstream image-hosting systems, vs. uploading them directly here. 

16 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

In this case, I think the pics are on imgur not Photobucket... but still one of the mainstream image-hosting systems, vs. uploading them directly here. 

That's probably the case, just haven't noticed it before...

On 8/7/2019 at 8:23 AM, ltpyro said:

That's probably the case, just haven't noticed it before...

Anything I can answer about the car for you? 

I think I'll sell my 4 seater and buy this car.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:01 AM, GROPER said:

I think I'll sell my 4 seater and buy this car.

Sounds like a plan...

TTT - still ready to move this, with or without the built, high-HP 2.3 motor. 

11 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

TTT - still ready to move this, with or without the built, high-HP 2.3 motor. 

Put it in the BFD booth for the SSSS

I can't believe this thing is around still... :simrak:

Nice car looks like a blast.

GLWTS!

TTT - willing to make a good deal on the car + the built 2.3

-TJ

This is such a nice car and so well outfitted and maintained, Owner is fanatical about his stuff.  Hard to believe its still here..

GLWTS

49 minutes ago, fullthrottleguy said:

This is such a nice car and so well outfitted and maintained, Owner is fanatical about his stuff.  Hard to believe its still here..

GLWTS

Thanks!  I think I'm still about a month too early for it to sell.  Of course, in a month I'm going to be thinking "hmmmm, maybe keep it one more season and get the 2.3 into it..." 

-TJ

TTT, the season is coming! 

-TJ

TTT - come see it at the SSSS in the BFD booth this weekend! 

-TJ