NIKAL

What do you like about each model of UTV?

Trying to keep this positive, as we hear so much about what we don’t like. So what items or designs do you like about each performance UTV model?

New Polaris XP Pro

Extended WB to 96 inches.

Wider, more ergonomic passenger compartment. 

Telescoping steering wheel. (Very cool)

Water cooled head & turbo.

New Rebuildable CVT clutches

Bed will fit a 30 inch tire.

12 gal fuel tank. (Nice!) 

Led lighting & plug & play ports. 

Polaris Xp1000 4

Best 4 seat platform currently available. 

Best 4 seat WB (117) 

Can Am X3

First UTV with a full tube chassis.

First to have a real ergonomic driver’s compartment with gauges in front of the driver.

102 in Wb, (Perfect 2 seat WB IMO)

Reliable Rotax power. Lots of power out of 900 cc engine. Could easily get 200+ hp if bumped to 1000 cc’s. Also, very quiet.

LED lighting

Yamaha YXZ

Sequential 5 speed shiftable transmission. 

Radiator in the back. 

Full doors. 

Suspension design dominates in short course racing. 

Honda Talon

6 speed Duel Clutch transmission

Intelligent 4 wheel drive system

Arctic Cat Wildcat XX

Front steering with Aluminum spindle mount. 

Front shock mounted on lower unequal a-arms & hiem joints not ball joints. 

Rear boxed trailing arm design with hiem pivot

Same sized brakes, hubs & bearings on all 4 corners. 

All suspension points are double shear mounted

Best suspension geometry available for a UTV.

Strongest factory cage of all UTV’s on the market. 

Same size 30 inch tire & KMC wheels standard on all 4 corners. 

Removable bed  for engine/trans access.

Full doors finished with inner door panels and exterior door handles that open automotive style. 

Fits a 32 inch tire in the bed, with built in tire mount. 

Engine mounted from top, not bottom of chassis. 

Real Alternator system on top of stator 

Quick clip CVT cover

Clean simple dash layout with tons of room for accessories. Also offers pre-wired plug & play terminals for Accessories. 

I've got a few friends who got CanAms....they said it frees them up a lot  because they don't have to spend as much time on Tinder finding dates.....everyone just knows....

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NIKAL said:

Trying to keep this positive, as we hear so much about what we don’t like. So what items or designs do you like about each performance UTV model?

Can Am X3

First to have a real ergonomic driver’s compartment with gauges in front of the driver.

I don't think that's correct. The Wildcat had a full tube chassis back in 2012. The Can Am may have a tube chassis, but it wasn't the first.

As a matter of fact, the Can Am has no tubing forward of the front shocks, basically NO steel structure or bumper to protect the radiator. I don't consider that to be a full chassis.

Edited by socaldmax

1 hour ago, realbadlarry said:

I've got a few friends who got CanAms....they said it frees them up a lot  because they don't have to spend as much time on Tinder finding dates.....everyone just knows....

Are you saying it comes with a free Grinder subscription, or is that still a Polaris only perk?

Hasnt the RZR been full tube since the 900?

Isn’t the YXZ radiator in the front ?

Cup holders, it's all about cup holders and LED lights BRO!

Mine came with 2 cup holders and my off-season upgrades are to add a swivel cup holder. Plus I’ve got 5 more LED’s to add.   

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Al Lee said:

Hasnt the RZR been full tube since the 900?

New YXZ has the radiator in the back...

Edited by SoCalJ

6 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Cup holders, it's all about cup holders and LED lights BRO!

You bought the LS conversion …. I knew it!!!!!.....save me a spot in camp Buddy.....Im on my way! Gonna be a FUN season. Having you in yore dream mooosheen is gonna make for a stress free season.

PS: I got us GIANT decals like your avatar  to put on our rear doors of the cargo trailers for "blm camp permiter" ….That should keep em at bay! :lol:  Also had coffee mugs and 3X5 Flags made too!

SXS rule!!!! Leds are the BEST add ons….Oh ….3 Lighted whips too!

:poule:

16 minutes ago, POULE43 said:

SXS rule!!!! Leds are the BEST add ons….Oh ….3 Lighted whips too!

:poule:

Oh crap I didn’t get the memo from Grinder. Now I need to get another lighted whip.  :rotf:

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, MWB said:

Isn’t the YXZ radiator in the front ?

2019 models  they moved it to the rear.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, NIKAL said:

New Polaris XP Pro

Extended WB to 96 inches.

Wider, more ergonomic passenger compartment. 

Telescoping steering wheel. (Very cool)

Water cooled head & turbo.

New Rebuildable CVT clutches

Bed will fit a 30 inch tire.

12 gal fuel tank. (Nice!) 

Led lighting & plug & play ports. 

Polaris Xp1000 4

Best 4 seat platform currently available. 

Best 4 seat WB (117) 

Can Am X3

102 in Wb, (Perfect 2 seat WB IMO)

Reliable Rotax power. Lots of power out of 900 cc engine. Could easily get 200+ hp if bumped to 1000 cc’s. Also, very quiet.

LED lighting

Yamaha YXZ

Sequential 5 speed shiftable transmission. 

Radiator in the back. 

Full doors. 

Suspension design dominates in short course racing. 

Honda Talon

6 speed Duel Clutch transmission

Intelligent 4 wheel drive system

Arctic Cat Wildcat XX

Front steering with Aluminum spindle mount. 

Front shock mounted on lower unequal a-arms & hiem joints not ball joints. 

Rear boxed trailing arm design with hiem pivot

Same sized brakes, hubs & bearings on all 4 corners. 

All suspension points are double shear mounted

Best suspension geometry available for a UTV.

Strongest factory cage of all UTV’s on the market. 

Same size 30 inch tire & KMC wheels standard on all 4 corners. 

Removable bed  for engine/trans access.

Full doors finished with inner door panels and exterior door handles that open automotive style. 

Fits a 32 inch tire in the bed, with built in tire mount. 

Engine mounted from top, not bottom of chassis. 

Real Alternator system on top of stator 

Quick clip CVT cover

Clean simple dash layout with tons of room for accessories. Also offers pre-wired plug & play terminals for Accessories. 

The Polaris Pro XP I like all the technology/gadgets the top model comes with.  Ride Command is awesome and I am a believer in the active live suspension.  Extending the wheelbase with the increased hp should make for a stable ride.    New clutch set up look promising.  When they release a 72" wide model it will give the Can Am a run for the money.

Can Am X3 for 2020 made improvements to the frame and the hp increase in the RR model does not suck.   The RC RR model with the 32" tires standard is nice too.   Super stable at any speed .  They were the first to introduce a 72" wide model, which raised the bar in the sport SXS segment.

Honda Talon I like the DCT set up and being able to go from manual/paddle shift mode to full auto.  Wish it came standard with 30" tires.  Hopefully will get to test drive one.

Yamaha YXZ - has the best sounding motor when they have a pipe.   A great SXS for those guys/gals jumping from  a quad or dirt bike and want to shift.  Plus the suspension will buck you on occasion just like a quad.  LOL!

Wildcat XX - in theory is well set up and has lots of potential.   Lots of cool design features like the removable bed and being able to fit a 30" tire in it.  Pre-wired for accessories.  Build like a brick shithouse.    A lot less needed after purchase.   Love the look of the Speed Cat ones.

As to the four seat models it depends on where you ride.

The Polaris Turbo S 4 seater is probably the top choice right now.  Super stable with the 72" width and with the Ride Command and active suspension it is a solid platform.

The regular 4 seat Turbo XP is probably the best bang for your buck.  You can pick them up for around $21K OTD. 

Can AmX3 Max is a limo, but when you get that ride height set up is floats through the rough stuff. Just a really long SOB. 

I like them all, and have driven all but the Honda.  The new xp pro is going to be hard to beat this season, but the wildcat still has my vote. I think wildcat with  turbo would dominate, and probably be about the same money across the board to build.  Not sure what i'm doing this season, I think I will just get a v8 sand rail again and get back to my roots!!

I like my Rhino :dbart:

16 hours ago, dbart said:

I like my Rhino :dbart:

I like my Rhino too.

We should start a super exclusive club...

Related image

If what I’m hearing about Robby Gordon  & Todd Romano’s new Speed Unlimited SXS coming out. We are all going to be shocked. 

Basically the rumor is Robby is going to be manufacturing his own UTV that will have 2 & 4 seat models. Two engine choices, (Not Yamaha powered) both turbo. One a 1000cc turbo and one a limited production 1400 cc with 300 hp. Sounds like the limited production might have something  to due with circumventing the UTV laws? Not sure?  If this is true I’m guessing they have contracted  with Weber /Textron Motors for the engines. And supposedly a stronger drivetrain then what is in the XX. 

I wonder if he is contracting Arctic Cat to manufacture his UTV with his design & outsourced parts. The Arctic Cat /Bass Pro is a private label contract deal. So it’s not far fetched that Arctic Cat would not be willing to do the same, if this is in fact true. 

The big announcement is supposed to be tomorrow at the Sand Show .    

2 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

If what I’m hearing about Robby Gordon  & Todd Romano’s new Speed Unlimited SXS coming out. We are all going to be shocked. 

Basically the rumor is Robby is going to be manufacturing his own UTV that will have 2 & 4 seat models. Two engine choices, (Not Yamaha powered) both turbo. One a 1000cc turbo and one a limited production 1400 cc with 300 hp. Sounds like the limited production might have something  to due with circumventing the UTV laws? Not sure?  If this is true I’m guessing they have contracted  with Weber /Textron Motors for the engines. And supposedly a stronger drivetrain then what is in the XX. 

I wonder if he is contracting Arctic Cat to manufacture his UTV with his design & outsourced parts. The Arctic Cat /Bass Pro is a private label contract deal. So it’s not far fetched that Arctic Cat would not be willing to do the same, if this is in fact true. 

The big announcement is supposed to be tomorrow at the Sand Show .    

The 4 seaters will be at the Sand Show.  You go on the Speed SXS website and they have the non-turbo 4 seaters for 45K.

Absent them figuring away to make them under 35K for the 1000cc turbo models it will be a tough sell.  

I read the website was going to change after the big  release. The price range was from $28K to $32K. What I read was both models come standard 72 in wide, 22 in travel and on 32 in tires. The 300 hp car would come on 35’s. Also saw where it was said the 2 seat WB is 105 like the Can Am and the 4 seat is 117. 

I guess we will see if this is all real or not tomorrow! 

41 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

I read the website was going to change after the big  release. The price range was from $28K to $32K. What I read was both models come standard 72 in wide, 22 in travel and on 32 in tires. The 300 hp car would come on 35’s. Also saw where it was said the 2 seat WB is 105 like the Can Am and the 4 seat is 117. 

I guess we will see if this is all real or not tomorrow! 

NIKAL I just want to say I think you've got to be some kind of an Engineer or Scientist with the way you come up with so many excellent details on most of your posts.  I'm very impressed.

From my point of view, after reading everything here and on Can Am websites for several months, I just frickin like the X3's.  In my mind, best motor, suspension, design, variety of models, best looking and best company for innovation!  This is my cumulative, updated opinion.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:29 PM, socaldmax said:

Are you saying it comes with a free Grinder subscription, or is that still a Polaris only perk?

This time I FINALLY get to correct the master.  It's Grindr, but don't ask me how I know that :)

24 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

NIKAL I just want to say I think you've got to be some kind of an Engineer or Scientist with the way you come up with so many excellent details on most of your posts.  I'm very impressed.

From my point of view, after reading everything here and on Can Am websites for several months, I just frickin like the X3's.  In my mind, best motor, suspension, design, variety of models, best looking and best company for innovation!  This is my cumulative, updated opinion.

The X3 clearly took the sport to whole new level and pushed Polaris to improve as they had no real competition, and without competition had no reason to improve. The Rotax is a great power plant, always has been. The Polaris engine design has been plagued with heat issues, thus the fires and redundant heat shields. 

I would have hoped by now the Can Am would have resolved it’s single shear suspension pivots though.  

3 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

This time I FINALLY get to correct the master.  It's Grindr, but don't ask me how I know that :)

I'm not going to ask how you know that, I'm just glad I didn't know how to spell it!

:lol:

I will take a stab at it.

I like the transmission package in the Talon. Being an old fart, I like at least the option of shifting. Whether it is ready for prime time with big power is still a question unanswered...but I like that they have pushed the market with it. The R model has some handling issues IMHO...but for a first step into the game Honda did good...real good.

I sold my 2014 XP1k recently, and after a LOT of pondering, test fitting at dealers til I think they were mad at me, I settled on a new ride...a 2019 Turbo S Dynamix 2 seater. I have had it opened up doing some wiring stuff for mods, and I see some improvement in quality and fit and finish. Is it perfect...no. But it is a big jump from the 1k. I like the Dynamix and ride command so far.

I loved the way the Can Am XRS looked and felt once I had it on...I am 6-4 and about 280 so it is like putting on a pair of wranglers...and that was what kept me from buying. After riding in and driving a friends XDS I think that Can Am has a good machine. Putting it on and taking it off wasn't gonna work for me

I haven't been close enough to any of the others to offer an opinion that is based on fact.

1 minute ago, FBT said:

I will take a stab at it.

I like the transmission package in the Talon. Being an old fart, I like at least the option of shifting. Whether it is ready for prime time with big power is still a question unanswered...but I like that they have pushed the market with it. The R model has some handling issues IMHO...but for a first step into the game Honda did good...real good.

I sold my 2014 XP1k recently, and after a LOT of pondering, test fitting at dealers til I think they were mad at me, I settled on a new ride...a 2019 Turbo S Dynamix 2 seater. I have had it opened up doing some wiring stuff for mods, and I see some improvement in quality and fit and finish. Is it perfect...no. But it is a big jump from the 1k. I like the Dynamix and ride command so far.

I loved the way the Can Am XRS looked and felt once I had it on...I am 6-4 and about 280 so it is like putting on a pair of wranglers...and that was what kept me from buying. After riding in and driving a friends XDS I think that Can Am has a good machine. Putting it on and taking it off wasn't gonna work for me

I haven't been close enough to any of the others to offer an opinion that is based on fact.

That is surprising as I'm 6'2 and feel the Can Am has more leg room and is more comfortable.