urclever

Turbo X3 or Turbo S?? best deal

The wifey and I decided to get a new SXS, She really likes the X3 and I like the Turbo S. I am thinking 4 seater, but I hate how long the X3 max is. Who has the best deal OTD in Cali? I know clawson says 6400 off and concord is good to work with and Berts has been great in the past. 

Turbo S  4 seater with dynamix or either the X3 2 seater and turbo S 2 seater. 

like to hear your thoughts.

Posted (edited)

In my humble opinion

The best all around performer is the X3 2 seater... but expect to put some money into it to bring it up to snuff ... that said I have not been in a 2020  but ther are still some things a guy should do.

Next for out of the box turbo S 4 seat  .. great out of the box with no "needed " upgrades ...  I would never own another 2 seat  chassis Polaris.     NOTE : have not driven the 2020   2 seat

The X3 4 seat is actually a $hit ton better  all around car then I  thought it would be. My son has one and it is amazingly good ...Again plan to spend some money

I also think every one needs cage ,belts etc so that's all a wash

Edited by GRANT@FUNCO

Haven't driven the 4 seat S, but if money was no object that is the machine I would buy.  I would buy a Turbo XP 4 seater over the X3 max everyday of the week and again on Monday.  I've driven them both, about 200 miles each, and the Polaris is so much more fun to drive.  The max feels like you're dragging a trailer behind you.  The Turbo XP4 felt surprisingly light and nimble.  Having owned a 2 seat XP1k (~2500 miles), I always expected the 4 seaters to be less fun to drive.  The 4 seat canam was less fun to drive, but the 4 seat polaris was way more fun than the 2 seater to my surprise.   So many variables to consider, but that is my opinion. 

18 hours ago, GRANT@FUNCO said:

In my humble opinion

The best all around performer is the X3 2 seater... but expect to put some money into it to bring it up to snuff ... that said I have not been in a 2020  but ther are still some things a guy should do.

Next for out of the box turbo S 4 seat  .. great out of the box with no "needed " upgrades ...  I would never own another 2 seat  chassis Polaris.     NOTE : have not driven the 2020   2 seat

The X3 4 seat is actually a $hit ton better  all around car then I  thought it would be. My son has one and it is amazingly good ...Again plan to spend some money

I also think every one needs cage ,belts etc so that's all a wash

THANK YO GRANT. IAPPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK. CAGES AND HARNESSES ARE ALWAYS A MUST.

1 hour ago, urclever said:

THANK YO GRANT. IAPPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK. CAGES AND HARNESSES ARE ALWAYS A MUST.

Does that mean I'll be seeing you soon for an X3 2 seat cage :makerain:

I really like the ride comfort on the rzr tbo s 2 and 4 seater tbo s  . lots of option with the rzr's s . the dynamics  ride system is awesome .  

fullsizeoutput_128.thumb.jpeg.2163ef4b6948d05cf9d048be10742703.jpeg229543A0-9842-4173-9F9E-1F6BD0E70EBA.thumb.png.88149744f8397b72b13051e424639b9d.png9DB1B5EA-2798-4A64-8CFD-5F16D05B0423.thumb.jpeg.1321081978376ad6f93353e2857077e0.jpeg96866024-304D-4144-98C7-235627CF4982.thumb.png.0354f4ea0987e8a7f5c29561217a323f.png4192FA60-D315-48C6-AFC5-6F2D7000DDFC.thumb.jpeg.efdde4a20b8450323abab64f6e9ac509.jpeg15F70D71-C16D-47D5-9111-1E9F688F7888.thumb.jpeg.b4c5f400f40bfed00dd8a1f6340553a5.jpeg474A6E0D-1DA3-4759-A917-E946FDE7F242.thumb.jpeg.b4c19ed0d59d83b7051452d665d063fe.jpeg

I have had my X3 4 seater for a year now and never once regretted it. Rode in my neighbors xp4 turbo and it bucked like a damn horse through the whoops, and felt like it wanted to go ass over ever jump we hit. I never felt comfortable or stable in the car. 

My X3 is huge not going to lie, but never have a felt like the length was a problem. Trail riding here in AZ there isn’t much “technical” riding I do and put this in the sand and it feel like a slot car. 

Out of the box upgrades will very from person to person but plan on 1500-2000 just to fix the front and ass ends. Yes it’s a lot of money but it’s also piece of mind for how hard we ride these machines. 

I am living this same quandry right now.  Spent yesterday driving around to a couple of dealers down in the city.

I have a 14 XP1K that is pretty nicely set up. I am the last non turbo guy in our group. I will be 61 in October and whatever I buy I want it to be the LAST one. I like the Turbo S but the seating position in the X3 is better for my back issues. I have a nice set of PRP custom seats in the XP and PRP says I can just buy a new base and they will fit in the Can Am.

Can get pretty good deals right now on 2019 models of both machines.  Polaris dealer will do me better on trade and let me pull a bunch of stuff to sell. Cost difference is negligible. I really like the looks of the new blue 2020 RR...but as I have gotten older I have also become a helluva lot cheaper and know the 172 machine will serve me just fine. Grant from Funco's opinion is a big one....what to do dammit?

On 8/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, FBT said:

I am living this same quandry right now.  Spent yesterday driving around to a couple of dealers down in the city.

I have a 14 XP1K that is pretty nicely set up. I am the last non turbo guy in our group. I will be 61 in October and whatever I buy I want it to be the LAST one. I like the Turbo S but the seating position in the X3 is better for my back issues. I have a nice set of PRP custom seats in the XP and PRP says I can just buy a new base and they will fit in the Can Am.

Can get pretty good deals right now on 2019 models of both machines.  Polaris dealer will do me better on trade and let me pull a bunch of stuff to sell. Cost difference is negligible. I really like the looks of the new blue 2020 RR...but as I have gotten older I have also become a helluva lot cheaper and know the 172 machine will serve me just fine. Grant from Funco's opinion is a big one....what to do dammit?

what have you found so far?

im looking to buy a 172hp x3 turbo R 2 seat as well...

so many choices4192FA60-D315-48C6-AFC5-6F2D7000DDFC.thumb.jpeg.efdde4a20b8450323abab64f6e9ac509.jpeg4DB6DDC7-FE44-461F-8A1A-F5324E94409F.thumb.jpeg.b964c407a8907b6634663b58cf0b07bc.jpeg474A6E0D-1DA3-4759-A917-E946FDE7F242.thumb.jpeg.b4c19ed0d59d83b7051452d665d063fe.jpeg

So the question is who has the best deals? Berts use to be the best. I am getting really aggressive pricing from Kevin at Concord Polaris. 

On 8/1/2019 at 9:31 AM, urclever said:

The wifey and I decided to get a new SXS, She really likes the X3 and I like the Turbo S. I am thinking 4 seater, but I hate how long the X3 max is. Who has the best deal OTD in Cali? I know clawson says 6400 off and concord is good to work with and Berts has been great in the past. 

Turbo S  4 seater with dynamix or either the X3 2 seater and turbo S 2 seater. 

like to hear your thoughts.

If you are thinking of a 4 seater the Turbo S is the only choice.  Have 2 friends that bought them with the live Fox suspension and right out of the box it rides really really nice.  Probably the nicest suspension of any SXS right from the showroom.  It is a really fun SXS do drive and a trip how you can immediately tell the difference between the different suspension settings.   Bonus is it already comes with 32" tires and the entire car is designed around running 32" tires.  No clutch work needed.

I rode with another 4 seat turbo S in Baja last week.  He had new springs but on his.   The car was like a caddy and would blaze through the rough stuff like nothing.  I think he kept it in comfort mode.   There was a 4 seat X3 with us and the Turbo S performed way better down in Baja.  

I have driven my friend's X3 Max in Glamis.  It rides nice once you get the suspension set up and ride height correct.  A little more nimble then I expected in the dunes.  Just a long ass SXS.

Well after spending several hours in a friend's garage, next to his new X3, and ding the get in get out dance, it became clear to me the Turbo S was going to be the easiest to live with. We ride, get out, explore, walk around, ride some more ,etc. So Turbo S it is. Or was.  Brought one home yesterday. Concord Polaris has aggressive pricing, and if you are willing to drive for it you can save some bucks.

I bought local and did well. I will leave it at that.

Figure in a year or so I will get ahold of Ed and start with his spring package. I haul a lot of stuff around because of how far we get from camp, and I expect the PoPo springs will sag quickly.

2 hours ago, FBT said:

Well after spending several hours in a friend's garage, next to his new X3, and ding the get in get out dance, it became clear to me the Turbo S was going to be the easiest to live with. We ride, get out, explore, walk around, ride some more ,etc. So Turbo S it is. Or was.  Brought one home yesterday. Concord Polaris has aggressive pricing, and if you are willing to drive for it you can save some bucks.

I bought local and did well. I will leave it at that.

Figure in a year or so I will get ahold of Ed and start with his spring package. I haul a lot of stuff around because of how far we get from camp, and I expect the PoPo springs will sag quickly.

Congrats!  You get the one with the Ride Command and Fox live shocks or the model work the Walker Evans Velocity shocks?

We got the Dynamix...Fox Live Valve and the Ride Command. Reading the book on Ride Command, LOL.

15 minutes ago, FBT said:

We got the Dynamix...Fox Live Valve and the Ride Command. Reading the book on Ride Command, LOL.

What was your OTD price ?  Let's see that bad boy when you get a chance.

On the way back from the river yesterday. We stopped at the Habit in El Centro next door to Coyne Motorsports. After eating I walked around Coyne and in the back they had a sea of Turbo S’s. The sales guy was telling us that Coyne bought a crap load of Turbo S Velocity 4 seaters and are blowing them out. Guessing the inventory is also for the SSSS. They were knocking $4500 of the price, and Polaris is offering a $3000 rebate, so $7500 off. It put it at the same price as the XP Turbo 4! It was tempting to talk some more, but my wife reminded me of the huge backyard build we are getting ready to start. So I climbed up into the motorhome and rode off into the sun thinking about it! 

Also while there I kept sitting in the WildcatXX. I really like that car. If Arctic Cat  decides to release the XX4, I might put up more of a fight to buy one! 

The Talon was also a comfortable machine to sit in. 

35 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

On the way back from the river yesterday. We stopped at the Habit in El Centro next door to Coyne Motorsports. After eating I walked around Coyne and in the back they had a sea of Turbo S’s. The sales guy was telling us that Coyne bought a crap load of Turbo S Velocity 4 seaters and are blowing them out. Guessing the inventory is also for the SSSS. They were knocking $4500 of the price, and Polaris is offering a $3000 rebate, so $7500 off. It put it at the same price as the XP Turbo 4! It was tempting to talk some more, but my wife reminded me of the huge backyard build we are getting ready to start. So I climbed up into the motorhome and rode off into the sun thinking about it! 

Also while there I kept sitting in the WildcatXX. I really like that car. If Arctic Cat  decides to release the XX4, I might put up more of a fight to buy one! 

who has the contact at coyne is this is true.

yep, keep getting the emails..I think the velocity 4 non turbo was 21+ fees and the 2 seat was 18+fees.

17 minutes ago, urclever said:

who has the contact at coyne is this is true.

It is true.  They have been advertising they bought a bunch of them.  I am sure they will try to nail you with the usual fees and freight.   They usually have some smoking deals at the Sand Show

hmmm maybe they are all turbos.....

1 hour ago, NIKAL said:

Not my favorite dealership after the BS the sales manger tried to pull on me when I was there trying to buy a X3. Felt bad for the sale guy as his manger was such a d-bag and ruined an easy sale.  Actually saw the sales guy at the Sand Show last year and we talked about it.  

Your backyard project will long be done by the time Textron release a 4 seat XX, if they are still in the SXS game.   I think the 4 seat XP Pro would be the ticket in the 64” wide 4 seat model, when it is released. 

3 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

hmmm maybe they are all turbos.....

They are turbos 

wow...same price as a wildcat right now....

On 8/9/2019 at 9:06 AM, Sand Shark said:

If you are thinking of a 4 seater the Turbo S is the only choice.  Have 2 friends that bought them with the live Fox suspension and right out of the box it rides really really nice.  Probably the nicest suspension of any SXS right from the showroom.  It is a really fun SXS do drive and a trip how you can immediately tell the difference between the different suspension settings.   Bonus is it already comes with 32" tires and the entire car is designed around running 32" tires.  No clutch work needed.

I rode with another 4 seat turbo S in Baja last week.  He had new springs but on his.   The car was like a caddy and would blaze through the rough stuff like nothing.  I think he kept it in comfort mode.   There was a 4 seat X3 with us and the Turbo S performed way better down in Baja.  

I have driven my friend's X3 Max in Glamis.  It rides nice once you get the suspension set up and ride height correct.  A little more nimble then I expected in the dunes.  Just a long ass SXS.

I beg to differ on that. I have had both in our shop, and  IMHO The Live Fox Supspension " is definitely NOT worth the extra 4-5K you pay for it. I have yet to have an actual owner of one who said they liked it. Every one has said it is "harsh" on trails, and at anything less than flat-out race speeds, and wished they had not gotten it.  There will always be that guy who says it's awesome, because he has to, because he drank the koolaide, and would feel like a dope if he admitted the truth.