SandTrap

2019 Glamisdunes Veterans Ceremony

I missed last year, but the wife is better now, I'm expecting to attend..

So bummed this will be the first year I miss since 2008..

Coming together???

20190914_163948.jpg

Definitely looking forward to this years beautiful ceremony!!  :wub:

Going to be there even if I have to mount a stretcher to the top of my car and strap my dead body in it. :bigrin

We’re sadly not going to able to make it this year.

8 hours ago, Sndsamplr said:

Dang! That's a lot of people there. :thumbup:

Just about a MONTH to go..I will repeat this as it Gets Closer...The Shirts will ONLY be Available in Wash 22 on Friday Nov 8th from 9am to 3pm..And will be at the Flagpole on Nov 9th from 9am till they are all Gone...I will have BRIGHT GREEN posters out in Wash 22 and at the Flagpole so you know where to come get them..Please try to come Friday or as early as possible Sat because you wont wanna miss a minute of the ceremony...I look forward too seeing you all and Have a great day

I Think I am going to work on getting my Father in Law to go.. Vietnam Vet... I need to work on a Dune vehicle to get him out.. and where to park.. He is hard to get to go anywhere so this will be tough.

Great event will be there again

19 minutes ago, CaptNkllm said:

I Think I am going to work on getting my Father in Law to go.. Vietnam Vet... I need to work on a Dune vehicle to get him out.. and where to park.. He is hard to get to go anywhere so this will be tough.

The where to park would be in the washes, and as far as getting him to the ceremony, someone here will be able to give him a ride out there, it happens all the time. I could do it, but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to make it this year.

We’ll be there :hozay:

This News Just In..

Hobby Lobby, folded flag cases, on sale today through Saturday pm.

I suspect some may have a Veterans Day flag, yet were not able to find a nice case.

So, while I was buying stuff for the wife, I spot the flag cases, $39.99, on sale 50% off.

So my new flag case was $20.00

And, they have a selection of "Finish" applied to the cases.

Some dark brown, some rough out, some light tan and so on.

The sale is over when the store closes Saturday.

Hurry up..

That’s where I bought the case last year. That was on display at the Cake Cutting Ceremony.  

3 hours ago, JDMeister said:

This News Just In..

Hobby Lobby, folded flag cases, on sale today through Saturday pm.

I suspect some may have a Veterans Day flag, yet were not able to find a nice case.

So, while I was buying stuff for the wife, I spot the flag cases, $39.99, on sale 50% off.

So my new flag case was $20.00

And, they have a selection of "Finish" applied to the cases.

Some dark brown, some rough out, some light tan and so on.

The sale is over when the store closes Saturday.

Hurry up..

:bump:

I am getting things together, worked on stuff all day today, and some more tomorrow.  See ya all out there  .............

So sorry to miss this year. We will be outta town... BIG big thanks to all who has served and GD for the greatest event in the sand .

Getting closer Y'all ...Gonna Be a Great Year

Picking up the car tomarrow and cant wait.

Two years ago I was given a flag at the 2017 Glamis Dunes.com Veteran's Day Ceremony.  In June of 2018 I started a year long boat trip called "America's Great Loop".  "America's Great Loop" is about a 6,000 mile circumnavigation of the Eastern United States on your own boat.  I decided to fly the flag I was given at the 2017 Veteran's Day Ceremony on our boat for the journey.

We started from Wilmington, NC and went through 14 states, Canada, the Atlantic Ocean, 3 Great Lakes, several bays, sounds, lakes, rivers, and canals.  Passed through hundreds of towns and locks throughout the U.S.A. and Canada.  So I missed the 2018 Glamis Dunes.com Veteran's Day Ceremony.  However, I met several Veteran's along the way and was happy to tell them the story about the GD.com ceremony in the middle of the California sand dunes and the flag on my boat.

I will be at the 2019 Glamis Dunes.com Veteran's Day Ceremony and I will be flying that flag on my car, one last time, before I retire it.  

Below are a couple of my favorite pictures along "The Loop" with the flag in the for-ground.  One location is obvious, the other is Interstate 40 in the background, as it goes over the Tennessee River, which goes between Barstow, CA and Wilmington, NC.

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

That's a great story Flip-Flop, thank you for sharing it.

Once again the T-shirts will be available ONLY in wash 22 on Friday Nov 8th from 9am-3pm and Saturday from 9am till they are all Gone...LOOK FOR THE BRIGHT GREEN SIGNS thats where you can get the shirts...I do suggest if you want one Please come by my trailer on Friday to pick up yours..

See you there  ......................