Sign in to follow this  
AZDUNERAT

When a little project becomes a big one.

So after moving back into my rental I decided I wanted some shiny new appliances to brighten up the place. Seeing as how there is almost no counter space I decided to opt for the over the range micro. Only problem was the cabinet above was too long. No problem, I would just need to cut the existing cabinet and modify it.  Hour project tops. 

Well then I get to thinking, these cabinets honestly look like shit and the amount of dirt and grease makes me think they haven’t been cleaned in 10 years. So what is I pulled them all down and cleaned them........

After they came down I got to thinking, I never really liked the color and the wood makes the kitchen look dark so what if I just refinished and painted then? And while I am at it why not get rid of the god awful fluorescent light fixture and install some can lighting. It’s only 140* in the attic what could go wrong. Well about 30 hours  and three weeks later I am ready for the range to be installed. 

I still have the last 2 doors to finish but that can wait until next weekend. 

457B0BFB-9AE6-479D-8DA0-15166144E340.jpeg

37A7F010-D59F-4296-8847-B97BA9BA36D5.jpeg

4D86AE04-DC4E-41DB-BB7C-BD53F71FD368.jpeg

B66D9553-18CE-42C4-8F3A-1EFE421DC0F7.jpeg

BFD40369-FA9A-4FAF-BFF9-6D6A188183AA.jpeg

11BA2238-3DCD-4F44-A5E3-7E8EDFAACDB2.jpeg

Edited by AZDUNERAT

Wow! That's what happens to all my projects. Now I just don't do them or I hire someone. 

Color and appliances look great!!!

Looks good!

Nice work! Time well spent there as the kitchen is the best place bang for buck to remodel when it’s time to re-sell.

You got off better than I did. I ripped out my floor in the house and it's turned into a brand new kitchen in an entirely different room than it was in before.

And......... In the course of action my wife fell in love with Thermador appliances. Gonna cost me huge!

My little projects always end up to be big undertakings. The ones that get me the most are the ones that are a $2.00 fix it part requires 5 trips to Homer Depot to get the right one.

3 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

You got off better than I did. I ripped out my floor in the house and it's turned into a brand new kitchen in an entirely different room than it was in before.

And......... In the course of action my wife fell in love with Thermador appliances. Gonna cost me huge!

My condolences to your bank account!

3 hours ago, MWB said:

My little projects always end up to be big undertakings. The ones that get me the most are the ones that are a $2.00 fix it part requires 5 trips to Homer Depot to get the right one.

Not even going to there, three trips to Home Depot one night for a effing toilet seat.  2 hours spent on a 20 minute project. 

1 hour ago, AZDUNERAT said:

Not even going to there, three trips to Home Depot one night for a effing toilet seat.  2 hours spent on a 20 minute project. 

Never knew there were so many toilet seat options and shapes. I have been through the same thing LOL

Not going to lie, after three weeks of eating out these breakfast burritos were absolutely amazing!

E8E6CA12-3E25-4334-BAE7-10040B7E16C7.jpeg

B4E53029-A550-46D8-991C-59F5E5C10672.jpeg

Looks great! Well worth the effort!

Did you half a leftover door over the micro?  Looks great, nicely updated.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:11 PM, bent trix said:

Did you half a leftover door over the micro?  Looks great, nicely updated.

Kind of. I had to cut the doors from the existing cabinets. If I wasn’t so tired I would have tried to match the bottom for the trim but at this point I just wanted it done. 

I get a case of the “might as well as” with most every project I start.😉

So after a week of so with the kitchen I realized how bad the sink/faucet was. 10 years ago the sink was very nice....now not so much. Off to Home Depot I go and lo and behold they now sell a complete sink in a box. Kraus has a very solid made single basin with a commercial kitchen style faucet as a complete package. So a lot more money than I wanted to spend and 6 hours later I could not be happier with the finished product. 

D60520D1-47FC-43EF-A519-859763BF04A6.jpeg

3A6FD6ED-C023-4F6D-8EB0-123B934C6364.jpeg

88325EDF-0093-4732-9973-B809CA0B2C52.jpeg

Washed my first pan in it this morning and sweet jeezuz I will never have a dual sink again. So easy and so much room, probably my favorite upgrade so far.