1newbie

school me on SSSS

nor cal SSSS virgin looking for the inside scoop. been in the sand scene for 10 years but have never made it to the show. been trying to make it for 5 years and damnit this is gonna be the year! where is the best and/or closest place to stay? will be flying in so being close matters. wife says she wants a nice place to stay 😕

Posted (edited)

You mean the SXSSS?

Sounds like a $1,013.00 beer after you add up all your expenses.

Edited by ahipara 55

4 minutes ago, ahipara 55 said:

You mean the SXSSS?

yes although i hope Funco and S&S will be there. would love to see all the sandrails. cannot believe Kawi won't have their SxS out before that.....

I have used the recommended places on the SSSS website and they are decent.   Ill be doing the same this year. 

Im sure Funco will be there I don't think you will see S&S. 

Lots of places to stay, I presume your flying into John Wayne ? I would look into something closer to the beach that way you have something to do  after the sun goes down and your tired of walking around the SSSS.  Spend the $$  and make the wife happy to have walked around all day at a giant outdoor Off-Road Center that is crowded and has no AC. Most years I have been it was in the mid 80's.  After all day doing that a little dinner and drinks down at the beach will put you back in her good graces.

I agree with the beach, stay there.  I would stay at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach.  You can uber everywhere easily.

Funco never disappoints!

6 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I agree with the beach, stay there.  I would stay at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach.  You can uber everywhere easily.

Pacific City is between the Hyatt and Main St. Plenty of good food and shopping. Hyatt gonna cost you $$$$. It's right across PCH from Huntington Zoo (errr Beach).

I thought it was called sidexside sound show but still worth going every year because it starts the season off and see some friends.

The SSSS has turned into a SXS bonanza no doubt, but it’s still worth it to attend. Fly into John Wayne (SNA) and stay at a hotel near the beach, Newport is a 10-15 minute drive from the fairgrounds, the pier is worth a walk and the Spaghetti Factory is in an old building so it has nice ambiance. Or, stay in a hotel near the show on Newport Blvd, they’re not really fancy but will get the job done 

Does your wife mind if you check out all the SMOKING HOT CHICKS  walking around there?  If she does you better wear some really dark sunglasses if you know what I mean.

SSSS is dope!  Some cry about the price of a beer but it’s no different than any amusement park or stadium.  If beer wasn’t sold at an event like this I’m sure most would say “ dam bro! I’d pay 20 bucks for a beer if they had one” .  Theirs really not many other options of where to go to see a lot about the sport you love.  Give it a shot.  Theirs plenty to see..... 

OK how about something a little different to add to the Sand show !,the Anaheim (Great Stadium) Angles are in town playing the Tampa Bay Devil rays and it’s bobble head night Friday, Saturday is fireworks night. Your lodging could be at Wolf Lodge!, It has a waterpark and a mini amusement park ,The best part about this is!!!! ,it is around the corner from Disneyland and wolves lodge has a great deal going on .

35E2C41D-BFA2-41A2-8198-28160C61A2FA.png

BCEDCCD8-2104-4944-A2E6-2D62887CF5FB.png

back in the day was amazing with all the big cars and the huge booth, with the DuneBuggy.com cars,

has been a couple of years but seems like it is just all SXS, 

was thinking of doing the AZ offroad Expo 

It use to be incredible. Extream cars hanging from the ceiling. Sandrails everywhere, killer motors everywhere, I loved it. Now there are a couple sandcar builders there with thier $250,000.00 or more cars and Side x Sides as far as the eye can see. Even Glamisdunes.com stopped having thier booth. Between the crowds and the traffic, it just isn't worth it to see cars I'm not intrested in. I guess if your a SxS guy it's a great show. 

I like going for the exercise and then have a $20 cold beer.

This year I'm single, so I'll be taking in the sights, may even get lucky and find a nice lady that would like to ride shotgun in my SAND RAIL this season. 

For me, it's close by and just fun to check out!

It's like anything though...if you think it might suck, it will! If you think, There's gonna be some cool stuff there, I'm with my friends, gonna buy some swag, have a beer or 3, take in the sights...it's a good time!

Yes, There is 95% side by side stuff...but Tatum, Funco, Sand Cars Unlimited, Buckshot, Racer...they always are there! Tons of trailers too. Honda, Yamaha, Can Am, Kawasaki (Unveiling a new SXS), Textron-Robby Gordon...they;ll be there with the latest and greatest.

Oh, and Free Coozies! :lmao:

I must have gotten about 35-40 last year.

I have been to 2 or 3 now and every few years will go just to get out of the Arizona heat and see some California friends.  Each time it was more fun seeing the people at the GD booth than anything else.  Each time it was also warmer than I wanted it to be. The chances of going this year are slim and none and slim isn't looking to promising, Not because of what is going on at the SSSS but more of what I have going on here.   If the GD booth was still around it would be an easier sell that's for sure.

2 hours ago, dbart said:

It's like anything though...if you think it might suck, it will! 

👍       It’s just like the war we had with Mexico but yet we kept their tacos here in the U.S.A.....And it’s just like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.......  but yet we kept their  Wienerschnitzel . You gotta be open minded..... Party On!

Will be there on Sat.

Just because we wont have a booth does not mean we can not have a meet up for a photo op and a cold one. Still would love to see our GD folks show up.

I will be going Saturday as well Meeting with a Few folks from GD.com...  Walking around seeing which people at which Booth will supply us with "refreshments" like we did at Our booth for all those Years..LOL...

We used to go but it basically costs as much as a dune trip so I decided the dunes were more fun....last show I went to was 2006 with all the pics posted the dunes was the right choice...