Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 8/10/19 what are you doing this weekend?

Machine polished and Jet Sealed the wife’s vintage daily driver. 

And then packed bearings and put the front hubs together on the money pit. 

Probably used a whole roll of paper towels to keep the sweat out of my eyes, it isn’t that hot today but the humidity is killing me  

A02E35E9-B9EA-4BD8-AD03-872704292A38.jpeg

image.jpg

Ground squirrels are tearing my backyard up. I have trapped and killed them but more always find the holes. I dosed these holes with 2 pounds of chili powder.  Curious if it will drive them away or get them to start cooking.

Laying pipe.

C5F38CE1-F073-4D9B-A434-F30B491647B4.png

Little boy turned 5 this weekend been partying like a rockstar. Crazy kid wanted a monster truck race car and kitty cat cake with strawberries so Dad delivered!! He was stoked!

IMG_20190810_144458527_HDR.jpg

Went to the Baja Blues Fest in Rosarito. 3rd year in a row. Always a blast!!

image1.jpeg

And then I washed this giant thing. I have to go back to work to get a break from doing stuff.

image.jpg

4 hours ago, fortyfour said:

Machine polished and Jet Sealed the wife’s vintage daily driver. 

And then packed bearings and put the front hubs together on the money pit. 

Probably used a whole roll of paper towels to keep the sweat out of my eyes, it isn’t that hot today but the humidity is killing me  

A02E35E9-B9EA-4BD8-AD03-872704292A38.jpeg

If I posted a photo of what my wife drives, people would report me to the authorities for spousal abuse.  It's really that ugly.

And now that I posted that troubling post about my wife's ride (LOL), I want to tell everyone that something very shocking and surprising happened to me this weekend.  For multiple reasons, including topics posted by members here,  but most importantly lots of deep analytical thought, I did a major mindshift and realized that the time may be RIGHT NOW to try to trade up for an X3.  I've settled on the 2019 or 2020 X3 DS Turbo R (64").  I'm prepared to take a small loss on my Maverick, but even with that statement I know that I have some work to do.  My first stage strategy will be to negotiate like hell with dealers on the trade in value, and if that doesn't work then I'll put the Maverick on Craigs List.  Either way I'm gung ho/full bore on this goal because I need an X3 turbo 172HP for the things I want to do.  Regarding loan qualifying, that will be simple and easy.  What it comes down to is how much of a loss am I willing to take while I try to control my aggressive/compulsive desires for an X3.

Sure there have been many topics here about the Honda, the new Rzr models, and others, but the fact is that everyone rushed to buy X3's in the past 2 years. and NO ONE EVER COMPLAINS ABOUT THEM.  That's proof enough for me, plus I've always known that they had the best/coolest design from the get-go.

Happy wife happy life!

You only get one shot at this life, if you can swing it, live it like no other.

Bbq-drank