Dune Bandits

Land Barrons and Ghost Camps. Any action by the BLM?

8 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

I'm slow this afternoon.  I'm starving myself after taking diet pills this morning, trying to burn a little fat.

Come to santee, I’m sure you can get some good tweak that will keep you nice and alert. 

2 hours ago, B0NES said:

Come to santee, I’m sure you can get some good tweak that will keep you nice and alert. 

Everybody knows Santee gets their meth from Lakeside. 😄

Posted (edited)

Never crowded at Roadrunner when I’m there. And I don’t pay HOA dues. 

2F53315E-A6ED-4186-9BFD-9962743918B7.jpeg

Edited by Flip-Flop

4 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

I'm slow this afternoon.  I'm starving myself after taking diet pills this morning, trying to burn a little fat.

mo better :crackhead:

3 hours ago, Legit Duner said:

Lakesiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

There. Fixed it for you. 

Wow, this topic came really early this year...LOL.

Ghostcampers Suck, it happens and the BLM doesn't do too much to actually solve it.

Worse things going on in G then this.

8 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Worse things going on in G then this.

Like???

43 minutes ago, B0NES said:

Like???

10 year olds jumping the canal?

5 minutes ago, FAMILY OF 4 said:

10 year olds jumping the canal?

Don’t be a thread killer

Maybe we should repost that video here to give this topic some excitement and energy.

Posted (edited)

Has anyone ever had their rigs towed away from being left there unattended? I mean actually happened not just an "I heard" story. It isn't that the BLM has anything better or more important to do,  I think the BLM is just too chickenshit to do anything about it. They'd rather invest their time giving retarded tickets for someone having their permit on the front seat rather than hanging in the windshield. They act all tough when they light you up on the wash road for something, yet completely ignore business that if enforced would actually make a lot of peoples Glamis experience better. I've never been hassled by the BLM but because of all of the screwed up things that go on at the dunes that they completely ignore I have nothing good to say about any of them. 

Everyone get out their campfire permits there is a BLM truck coming.  🔥

Edited by fortyfour

Some more hearsay for the subject... I had a former CHP tell me that when a Rv is towed they are supposed to inventory everything inside. He then finished up the story by laughing about the sheriff that had an Rv towed, without doing the inventory, and then was shocked when they got to the tow yard and there ended up being a person in there. 

I know, why do they have to inventory a Rv but not a car? Not sure. Maybe they do? Does this mean they CAN'T tow a Rv? Of course not. But are they going to clear out a pad? Nope. Watch them till the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and then evict them that day? It has happened. 

I also recall one guy that apparently got towed in the last couple of years. But he was a real dummy. He was on the west side of Gecko and not on a pad. Dropped his trailer, drove forward 100 yards and parked. He then strung tie downs and/or tow straps to his trailer. Basically a big eff you, not only am I going to ghost camp, I'm going to save a bunch of space for others as well. 

Camping at Gecko is great. But if you've got a big group coming in at different times it can turn into a full time job trying to manage camp. 

1 hour ago, AlpineFunco said:

Some more hearsay for the subject... I had a former CHP tell me that when a Rv is towed they are supposed to inventory everything inside. He then finished up the story by laughing about the sheriff that had an Rv towed, without doing the inventory, and then was shocked when they got to the tow yard and there ended up being a person in there. 

I know, why do they have to inventory a Rv but not a car? Not sure. Maybe they do? Does this mean they CAN'T tow a Rv? Of course not. But are they going to clear out a pad? Nope. Watch them till the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and then evict them that day? It has happened. 

I also recall one guy that apparently got towed in the last couple of years. But he was a real dummy. He was on the west side of Gecko and not on a pad. Dropped his trailer, drove forward 100 yards and parked. He then strung tie downs and/or tow straps to his trailer. Basically a big eff you, not only am I going to ghost camp, I'm going to save a bunch of space for others as well. 

Camping at Gecko is great. But if you've got a big group coming in at different times it can turn into a full time job trying to manage camp. 

We take our camp planners, cooks, mechanics and fire tenders with us when we camp on gecko

52 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

We take our camp planners, cooks, mechanics and fire tenders with us when we camp on gecko

Don't forget the professional joint roller.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Legit Duner said:

Don't forget the professional joint roller.

Please, marijuana is for the peasants. Candy and powder only

Edited by sausage450r

Who cares? Camp somewhere else..... I just go wherever there is enough room.  I won’t be the jackass that saves the football fields.  

I do find the ones that participate in this illegal activity are the same ones that complain about my illegal fireworks and loud music.  

On 8/10/2019 at 9:10 PM, B0NES said:

There. Fixed it for you. 

LFFL baby!    :headbang:  LOL

The east side is really the best side to camp on..... We all know that.... One day I hope I will be shown the secret handshake to be able to park there.

I just always show the groups that are taped off my dyno sheet.  They let me right in and ask what I want the chef to prepare for my 3 daily meals.  They ran out of steak last year.  Really gone down hill.

On 8/11/2019 at 7:18 AM, AlpineFunco said:

If there is a ghost camp and they are going to tow the RV...how do they get inside to inventory it?

Break in?? :kenk: 

25 minutes ago, dbart said:

If there is a ghost camp and they are going to tow the RV...how do they get inside to inventory it?

Break in?? :kenk: 

They aren't towing anything, they will just write ticket and be done.  The peeps getting the ticket just think it as a reservation fee.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, B0NES said:

Last year in Gordon’s our entire riding group (except a couple bikes that took off, me included) got tickets for being in the closed off area. We didn’t even know it. Had no clue. Explained that to the blm but they were total jerks. Even tho we try to follow the rules. 

The best part was the blm were on big quads and when one tried to chase the few of us on bikes, he went over the handle bars. It was hilarious. We stopped and watched only one ridge up. He felt stupid and turned back to the cars. 

One of my last trips to Gordon's had a similar situation.  Come around a dune and only see the backs of stakes with the BLM waiting there to lecture me.  Told me:

There's an App and maps to tell you where the closures are.

Do they tell me where I am currently, as well as have long/lat lines on it?

No.  Just a picture.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:42 PM, fortyfour said:

Has anyone ever had their rigs towed away from being left there unattended? I mean actually happened not just an "I heard" story. It isn't that the BLM has anything better or more important to do,  I think the BLM is just too chickenshit to do anything about it. They'd rather invest their time giving retarded tickets for someone having their permit on the front seat rather than hanging in the windshield. They act all tough when they light you up on the wash road for something, yet completely ignore business that if enforced would actually make a lot of peoples Glamis experience better. I've never been hassled by the BLM but because of all of the screwed up things that go on at the dunes that they completely ignore I have nothing good to say about any of them. 

Everyone get out their campfire permits there is a BLM truck coming.  🔥

700-03686142en_Masterfile.jpg

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Come around a dune and only see the backs of stakes with the BLM waiting there to lecture me.  Told me:

There's an App and maps to tell you where the closures are.

Exact same thing! The app actually isn’t too bad.