g-mo

good otd on x3

ive been looking around for a new base mode 2 seater l 64"  172hp x3, best prices ive seen have been about $22k otd for the 2019 models, im wondering if i should wait a little longer until the 2020 models come out? 

i also came across a new 2018 x3 with 55 miles/33hrs for $20otd , i guess they had it to test drive at the dealer. my only concern is they probably let idle for a long time and i like to break them in a little on the harder side...

what do you guys think? should i wait a little longer?

I've been doing a little research myself even though I'm not ready to upgrade yet.

Regarding what is a "base model", look at this one that seems like a base model, but it says 120HP!!??  Maybe this is something you have to ask about when looking for the best deal, like what is the true horsepower?

https://www.ridenowpeoria.com/New-Inventory-2019-Can-Am-Utility-Vehicle-Maverick-X3-TURBO-Red-RideNow-Peoria-7042473

FYI regarding the super low price in my example, Ride Now is known for adding many additional fees to the on-line price. 

40 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

I've been doing a little research myself even though I'm not ready to upgrade yet.

Regarding what is a "base model", look at this one that seems like a base model, but it says 120HP!!??  Maybe this is something you have to ask about when looking for the best deal, like what is the true horsepower?

https://www.ridenowpeoria.com/New-Inventory-2019-Can-Am-Utility-Vehicle-Maverick-X3-TURBO-Red-RideNow-Peoria-7042473

FYI regarding the super low price in my example, Ride Now is known for adding many additional fees to the on-line price. 

there are so many models its confusing but when asking for a quote i ask for the 172hp model and they say its a turboR base model. so the base x3 turbo is 120hp the base turbo R is 172hp

3 minutes ago, g-mo said:

there are so many models its confusing but when asking for a quote i ask for the 172hp model and they say its a turboR base model. so the base x3 turbo is 120hp the base turbo R is 172hp

Thanks for explaining.  The "missing link" that I was looking for is the TurboR.  Now I understand the difference in horsepower..

Back to your original question, $22K OTD  for 172HP seems like a smokin deal to me.  Plus a 2019 may have design improvements or corrections over the 2018 line.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

Thanks for explaining.  The "missing link" that I was looking for is the TurboR.  Now I understand the difference in horsepower..

Back to your original question, $22K OTD  for 172HP seems like a smokin deal to me.  Plus a 2019 may have design improvements or corrections over the 2018 line.

thats what i was thinking, i just wanted to get some opinions from board members 

ive also been looking to see if there are any major differences between the 2018 and the 2019 models but cant seem to find any info

I've got a 2018 X3 RS, 172HP, 72" model, triple black w/ 49 miles and like 3 hours on it I'll sell. I bought two of them brand new and I'm just not going to use this one.

IMO, I'd buy the 72" model like OB is selling instead of the 64" unless you're trail riding up in the mountains.  Aside from that, you'll enjoy the 72" much more on hard pack and in the dunes.  Not sure on price, but OB always has the top of the line, so I'd hit him up on that personally before buying used anywhere else.

I have the X3 XRS 72" and absolutely love it.  Just got back from Idaho and had a blast.  

48 minutes ago, Ocotillo Boy said:

I've got a 2018 X3 RS, 172HP, 72" model, triple black w/ 49 miles and like 3 hours on it I'll sell. I bought two of them brand new and I'm just not going to use this one.

sent pm

51 minutes ago, bizness said:

IMO, I'd buy the 72" model like OB is selling instead of the 64" unless you're trail riding up in the mountains.  Aside from that, you'll enjoy the 72" much more on hard pack and in the dunes.  Not sure on price, but OB always has the top of the line, so I'd hit him up on that personally before buying used anywhere else.

I have the X3 XRS 72" and absolutely love it.  Just got back from Idaho and had a blast.  

yes, i would love the 72" model but im paying cash for it so i was getting quotes on new 64" models. i dont know if i can afford a new 72" x3

2 hours ago, bizness said:

I'm thinking about finding a good deal on a new 2019 at the end of the 2020 season.   That 64" versus 72" question is a dilemma for me because I'm really enjoying my 60" on the SMALLEST of trails, but the 72" sounds like the handling I've been dreaming of.  Yet I'm assuming even the 64" would still be a big noticeable difference from my 60" XC 1000R.  Would you agree with that @bizness ?

16 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Be careful with anything ride now tells you. Check the price against the dealer in Sierra Vista and the one in Rye.

Anybody know what is a fair price for both parties for my X3 RS?

40 minutes ago, Ocotillo Boy said:

Anybody know what is a fair price for both parties for my X3 RS?

I would say 20-21k

11 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

I would say 20-21k

sounds good to me, i can do that... i dont know if the nada or bluebook really mean anything for offroad toys?

2 hours ago, ehall said:

Be careful with anything ride now tells you. Check the price against the dealer in Sierra Vista and the one in Rye.

Thanks for the info on 2 dealerships that I never knew about.  One that you may not know about that could help you some day is Coyne Powersports in El Centro.  That's where I bought my Maverick and they treated me very well, like installing my sand tires and wheels, front and back bumpers, and backbone bars ALL FOR FREE!

I looked up Sierra Cycles, and I really like the way they present their inventory on their website.  Very straightforward and easy to study, plus a big inventory.

Then I looked up Four Seasons Motorsports in Rye.  Wow what an interesting location.  It shows that I haven't driven to Payson in a long time.  But their inventory seems pretty small, so they may not have as many sales or price reductions.  But I've still saved their website in my favorites.

Regarding Ride Now Peoria, they have done a lot of work for me and I appreciate good, professional work.  But I learned when I bought my flat bed trailer from them that you ain't walkin outta there by paying what's stated on the price tag.  At least I was able to do some negotiating with them though.

1 hour ago, Phoenix7 said:

Thanks for the info on 2 dealerships that I never knew about.  One that you may not know about that could help you some day is Coyne Powersports in El Centro.  That's where I bought my Maverick and they treated me very well, like installing my sand tires and wheels, front and back bumpers, and backbone bars ALL FOR FREE!

I looked up Sierra Cycles, and I really like the way they present their inventory on their website.  Very straightforward and easy to study, plus a big inventory.

Then I looked up Four Seasons Motorsports in Rye.  Wow what an interesting location.  It shows that I haven't driven to Payson in a long time.  But their inventory seems pretty small, so they may not have as many sales or price reductions.  But I've still saved their website in my favorites.

Regarding Ride Now Peoria, they have done a lot of work for me and I appreciate good, professional work.  But I learned when I bought my flat bed trailer from them that you ain't walkin outta there by paying what's stated on the price tag.  At least I was able to do some negotiating with them though.

check out Cochise motorsports in Sierra Vista

1 hour ago, Phoenix7 said:

Cochise even list prices in their adds

On 8/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, g-mo said:

ive been looking around for a new base mode 2 seater l 64"  172hp x3, best prices ive seen have been about $22k otd for the 2019 models, im wondering if i should wait a little longer until the 2020 models come out? 

i also came across a new 2018 x3 with 55 miles/33hrs for $20otd , i guess they had it to test drive at the dealer. my only concern is they probably let idle for a long time and i like to break them in a little on the harder side...

what do you guys think? should i wait a little longer?

My 2018 X3RS has about 250 miles on it now. This weekend we were ripping up some tight cindered jeep trails up around Mormon Lake. 7500 feet elevation and the car still rips.  4wd it is a rally car and stupid fun. I was looking at the 64" and 72" cars and sooooooo glad I bought the big car.

Coyne Powersports in El Centro gave me a great price on 2019 X3 RS this was 4 months ago 5k under MSRP. Seen a add for 7K  under the other day.

How much OTD though? That's the only number that matters. They can sell a XRS for 26K under MSRP but if they add 27K in fees then they are the same as everyone else.

Typical rule of thumb is you got a good deal if you paid MSRP OTD. 

I got a 2019 can am max x rs turbo r from coyne  for 26,800 and change otd from the sand show 

Hope that helps