Sndsamplr

Not gonna beat around the bush

3 hours ago, Squatcher said:

Think if you don't lead rides you must take that badass part out.  Sure can't be a badass getting a line to follow and seeing all the bad spots before you hit them.    If you can lead though the dunes at 60mph 3and4 gear leads you are a badass.  There are a lot of badass drivers out there.  Over the years I have followed and lead a lot of people ,  there are some very skilled drivers out there in the sand.     I know of at least 14 of them.   

Agreed. It’s really easy to follow on a fast ride. It’s a whole other ball game to lead that ride.

i do allright.. not afraid of breaking the car, i just worry about getting it out of the dunes when it does break! :lol:

30 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Agreed. It’s really easy to follow on a fast ride. It’s a whole other ball game to lead that ride.

Yup leading is the hardest part especially on fresh dunes. Anyone can follow or follow existing tracks. I go faster following 😁

3 hours ago, Squatcher said:

Think if you don't lead rides you must take that badass part out.  Sure can't be a badass getting a line to follow and seeing all the bad spots before you hit them.    

Good thing I stated “I am no good” at the beginning. Or in other words “not bad ass” 😜

Can I borrow someones buggy to prove that I am the most Bad Ass Female Driver? 🤣

Let me know... thanks! LOL

4 hours ago, Squatcher said:

Think if you don't lead rides you must take that badass part out.  Sure can't be a badass getting a line to follow and seeing all the bad spots before you hit them.    If you can lead though the dunes at 60mph 3and4 gear leads you are a badass.  There are a lot of badass drivers out there.  Over the years I have followed and lead a lot of people ,  there are some very skilled drivers out there in the sand.     I know of at least 14 of them.   

I have a buddy that gives me shit because I have rolled or endoed 3 times in the dunes.  Thing is, I was leading every time, and two of those were in the high sun of late season.  He has also rolled or endoed 3 times, but he was following.  He somehow thinks that makes us even, LOL.  I have followed some really great ride leaders in Glamis, and they are few and far between.

21 minutes ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

I have a buddy that gives me shit because I have rolled or endoed 3 times in the dunes.  Thing is, I was leading every time, and two of those were in the high sun of late season.  He has also rolled or endoed 3 times, but he was following.  He somehow thinks that makes us even, LOL.  I have followed some really great ride leaders in Glamis, and they are few and far between.

My rides start early  7-8am  less traffic and great contrast.  afternoon rides start at 4pm or later.  any ride that starts after 10 is a big no=no for driving fast.  we might go to duners diner or some other destination during 10-3pm  but not a fast one.  or i let others lead (haha)

26 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

My rides start early  7-8am  less traffic and great contrast.  afternoon rides start at 4pm or later.  any ride that starts after 10 is a big no=no for driving fast.  we might go to duners diner or some other destination during 10-3pm  but not a fast one.  or i let others lead (haha)

Yeah, 1:00 in Late May you might as well drive with your eyes closed.  There are almost never any tracks either.  It was fun right up to where it wasn't.

Just drive, it ain’t that hard😂