cwarkenton

Best Paddle for TRX 90

My son is 6. His quad does fine in the tiny dunes at the washes but we normally camp at Gecko. He has some heavy (relative to size) China type paddles that came with the qaud. Am I unrealistic to think a 90 should be able to get through the dunes? Would some lighter skats make a difference. He is tall for his age but definitely not tall enough for a 250. Any feedback is appreciated!

20181029_084727.jpg

I bet the stock tires aired down would do better. 

21 minutes ago, hondajimz said:

I bet the stock tires aired down would do better. 

I tried that. They don't spin fast enough to get or keep momentum with that small motor. Those crappy hard rubber paddles work a little better simply because they have the paddles for traction. That's why I'm hoping a bit taller paddle tire with less rotation weight would help a tiny bit more. 

Skat Trak Gliders on the lightest wheels you can find (blue label DWT).

11 hours ago, spize909 said:

Skat Trak Gliders on the lightest wheels you can find (blue label DWT).

Thanks! I think we're going to give them a try. We have the DWT wheels already so if they don't do any better it won't hurt that bad. 

I put paddles on my sons 90 years ago he hated it they were skats they had too much traction and bogged the engine down.I put his stock tires back on aired down a bit he liked them much better let the engine rev up quicker and had enough traction.

Paddles need power to push them and go to slow with them they will also dig in faster.

I agree with the guys that say no paddles. I’d do with a wide set of like itp  hole-shots. The Rpms are your friend in the sand. 

Posted (edited)

Re gear if u want the paddles to workout. I went with some eBay special wheels and tires mounted up on Douglas wheels for my kiddo,added 3" of  width per tire for maximum stability when turning.  these wheels are the same front and rear, same offset same witdth everything all four wheels match. The exhaust and intake upgrade helps a lot also. I am 230 lbs and ride this quad regularly in glamis around camp without paddles

15657526282813314582900989427851.jpg

15657526792146881822081267031554.jpg

15657527198228568101055194902303.jpg

15657527910691522439077232074444.jpg

Edited by 2turbofords

Alright. I'm a believer in all of you. We're going to try some non paddle setups. Thank you guys for the recommendations! 🤘

These 5 paddle gliders Worked great for my little dude.

if your interested shoot me a PM

TRX_90_Gliders-2.jpg

TRX 90 Gliders.jpg

10 minutes ago, 344PV said:

These 5 paddle gliders Worked great for my little dude.

if your interested shoot me a PM

TRX_90_Gliders-2.jpg

TRX 90 Gliders.jpg

this..….if you think you have too much bite just air them up a bit but 5 paddle Gliders will not hinder the power. Dirt tires aired down work fine too.

Son's Eton 90 rips just fine on knobbies.  Air them down until wheelspin stops or you run out of air to let out. :bigrin