CRUSTY

What makes a Great Camp Group?

A Very important part of YORE time spent in Glamis is WHO (Group) you camp with....so...

We can adapt to most groups we camp with, some folks were a one time deal and we were "Not Available" when the next trip was planned :lol:

Be Cool, follow the basic ISDRA rules. Not that I care much, but keeping Johnny Law Dog LEO out of camp is the ultimate goal. Have yore fun within reason.

Need to borrow or use stuff? Just ask first, then return when yore done. Don't make me ask later, or forget completely. I brought it because I felt it was needed, you needed it as well! 

If it is a "Family, Wife and Kids" trip - Act Accordingly! You would be surprised, folks need to be reminded of the audience at times.

If it is a "Guys Trip" - Go for it, do yore best to have the time of yore life. I will either join or sit back with popcorn to watch the show.

Dogs, we love them. But same as if my kids pooped in camp, we would immediately pick it up ASAP - please do same.

Food - we all love it, we all eat it. Help me finish eating what we cooked, i don't want to take it home. If you didn't bring anything no worries, help clean up afterwards. This ain't Denny's, no money needed...just show some appreciation.

Beers in the ice chest, help me empty it out each day, help me keep it full when needed, at least until time to go home.

Kids / Adults using our OHV Toys - Listen to my advice on using them, its for yore own safety to have a good-time vs ending up at the ER or driving to El Central for replacement parts.

:crusty:

A couple of things that are not tolerated in our camp:

- No camp racing ever or near camp

- always wear a helmet, we lost someone years ago due to not wearing a helmet and he was camp racing at night

- No loud music late at night

- Everyone brings firewood (because you know the one person that didn't will be up all night burning the fire)

- Have thick skinned, no sensitive people allowed

- cars will break, but if you are the one that consistently breaks, you will hear about it.

Pick up your trash in a reason manner of time. A camp of aluminum cans all over the ground is un-sightly and brings the attention of Johnny Law Dog.  Please refrain on dumping Gray Water all over the place. Also brings unwanted LEO attention.  (I trust no one is dumping/burying the Black Tank. Is it even still acceptable to call that tank Black in this political environment?) Please fill all of your machines up with gas (including your kids ride) when we get back from a ride, otherwise the whole cam is waiting for you to gas up your dune buggy and 3 ATVs. Have your kids place all of their riding gear in a location they can find when it is time for the next ride.  The whole camp doesn't want to watch the Chinese Fire Drill of  your kid looking for their helmet and a left had glove.

In a nut shell, please have your act together.

Dean

Thick skin, no drama

Have fun, talk when not out riding feel free to just sit an chat it up. 

45 minutes ago, POULE43 said:

:poule::atc70::rubs::swave:

that would do it for me LOL 

For eff sakes fill up your tank AFTER each ride!!  Nothing worse than a group waiting on you to fill up, powder your culo, fill your cooler and remember to put on your whip. 

And if you invite your buddy, co-worker or neighbor make sue they have a clue and take them out on a ride before we end up 2 miles from camp and they get scared or motion sick.

Bring some basic tools, quit being a lazy mooch and borrowing my chit because I come prepared.  I don't mind loaning stuff out but at least bring the basics for a flat tire or belt replacement.

Keep your loud ass music to yourself I don't want to yell over your crappy music just to talk by the campfire or cold beverage breaks in the dunes. 

How about educate your friends that drive up to meet for a day, the basic rules, to buy a permit, cleanup their cans and GTFO of my camp chair!!!!

Make a fire circle big enough for all of us, be willing to get off your butt to make the circle bigger when needed. 

MEGA rant over

1 hour ago, CRUSTY said:

A Very important part of YORE time spent in Glamis is WHO (Group) you camp with....so...

We can adapt to most groups we camp with, some folks were a one time deal and we were "Not Available" when the next trip was planned :lol:

Be Cool, follow the basic ISDRA rules. Not that I care much, but keeping Johnny Law Dog LEO out of camp is the ultimate goal. Have yore fun within reason.

Need to borrow or use stuff? Just ask first, then return when yore done. Don't make me ask later, or forget completely. I brought it because I felt it was needed, you needed it as well! 

If it is a "Family, Wife and Kids" trip - Act Accordingly! You would be surprised, folks need to be reminded of the audience at times.

If it is a "Guys Trip" - Go for it, do yore best to have the time of yore life. I will either join or sit back with popcorn to watch the show.

Dogs, we love them. But same as if my kids pooped in camp, we would immediately pick it up ASAP - please do same.

Food - we all love it, we all eat it. Help me finish eating what we cooked, i don't want to take it home. If you didn't bring anything no worries, help clean up afterwards. This ain't Denny's, no money needed...just show some appreciation.

Beers in the ice chest, help me empty it out each day, help me keep it full when needed, at least until time to go home.

Kids / Adults using our OHV Toys - Listen to my advice on using them, its for yore own safety to have a good-time vs ending up at the ER or driving to El Central for replacement parts.

:crusty:

^^^^^  shouldn’t the above be common sense for most people ?..... You would think. But you never know........  :bigrin 

Good stuff!

A good list, we have a "No Contractors Generator" rule !

10 minutes ago, JKR951 said:

A good list, we have a "No Contractors Generator" rule !

That a good one. I actually got a super quiet genney cause I still thought my genny in the toy hauler was still to loud.

Interesting what people have on their lists of what makes it great.

I have been with several groups over the years.  Some good, some bad, sometimes, I'm just a weekend visitor.

What I/We have now...is a family.  Everyone seems to be on the same page, values the same things.  The guys all get along, the women all get along.  No drama, no alpha syndrome.  We have family meals, games, everything.  I can't imagine a better group of people and above all...they accept me... :lol:

We all help each other out, we respect each others wishes.  Everyone is an equal contributor.  If people feel slighted or unsure about things, we just speak up.  Don't let it fester or become an issue over a misunderstanding.

We also stay in touch and try and do stuff in the 
offseason.  

We didn't come here to entertain you, participate with the group or not up to you.  Don't get but hurt when we say we are going for a ride in 30 minutes and leave you sitting in your trailer eating breakfast. at the same time if you say your leaving for a ride in 30 minutes and I don't want to go to look at me like I just kicked your dog, I am not here to entertain you, you need to either be able to entertain yourself or ready to participate with the group.  

In camp and around the fire act like an adult, Somebody says turn down the music, turn down the music. Somebody's dog craps let them know they might not of seen old sparky pinch one off.  Going to light off $500 worth of areal enlightenment give the people who have dogs a heads up.

45 minutes ago, MWB said:

We didn't come here to entertain you, participate with the group or not up to you.  Don't get but hurt when we say we are going for a ride in 30 minutes and leave you sitting in your trailer eating breakfast. at the same time if you say your leaving for a ride in 30 minutes and I don't want to go to look at me like I just kicked your dog, I am not here to entertain you, you need to either be able to entertain yourself or ready to participate with the group.  

In camp and around the fire act like an adult, Somebody says turn down the music, turn down the music. Somebody's dog craps let them know they might not of seen old sparky pinch one off.  Going to light off $500 worth of areal enlightenment give the people who have dogs a heads up.

On the flip side if asked to go on a run and I reply , no gonna sit this one out. It does not open a dialog to badger me for 30 min to go on a ride.

Been doing this for the last 10 years.  I was actually hoping to experience some drama this year piling into a larger, open group.

Cant wait!

20190118_124849.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bansh88 said:

Been doing this for the last 10 years.  I was actually hoping to experience some drama this year piling into a larger, open group.

Cant wait!

20190118_124849.jpg

That picture looks like paradise. Why change perfection.

Need Drama? Start a "Reunion Camp out" thread for the Compound or Wash 13.5 :lol:

If your kid rides a 2 stroke Banshee and likes to start at 6:00am...or drag race at 2:00am, youll be the first person I hit up to find out where your camping... and that's so i can camp the farthest distance away from you LOL

18 minutes ago, RallyAlleigh said:

If your kid rides a 2 stroke Banshee and likes to start at 6:00am...or drag race at 2:00am, youll be the first person I hit up to find out where your camping... and that's so i can camp the farthest distance away from you LOL

And this is why you're always welcome with me... :lol:

48 minutes ago, RallyAlleigh said:

A simple pad lock on the rear sprocket will slow them down.  

I may have known a guy who use to pad lock the pit racers and assholes rear sprockets at 3am and a few broken spark plugs.  

Posted (edited)

Loud music. Lots of booze. No angry complaining wives. 70s through the kiddie tracks. And night rides. Bonus if you have kids around the same age as mine.  I probably won’t be invited out with anyone here. 

Edited by jtmoney714

We've got a great group! We all have families with 9 kids total in camp ranging from 14 years to 2 years old. Some know how to ride, others are just learning how to ride. We stick together and nobody gets upset when rides are a little in bit slower with the kids. Later on in the afternoon, the guys will do a "guy" ride to get our fix but its mostly about the kids. By 8:30 or 9, the kid are bathed and in bed so the adults can relax around the fire shooting the shit.

Everything comes out even in the end. At least that's how we all think. If we have to spend time fixing one of your bikes, we'll probably have to do the exact same thing with mine later on. My BBQ is already up and running, go ahead and throw on some burgers. You got a compressor already out, I'm gonna fill up instead of dragging mine out of the trailer.

I get along with everybody and am very non confrontational but one thing that will force me out of camp real quick is the music. I don't mind some tunes in camp but Spotify's intense techno station on volume 300 is a no go. 

NO DRAMA, the rest I can deal with. We are down to a small group of 6-7 extended families that all get along. Most of our group has been together for 20+ years. No firewood issues, no loud music issues, can't remember the last time we ran out of:coors: , everybody is helpful and we have a great time. When someone gets up from the fire to grab a drink, they come back with an arm full to pass around to whoever needs one. When someone breaks, everyone jumps in to address the issue. When its time to load up, everyone helps one another. If one of the kids gets out of line, any one of the adults can yell at them without creating drama. We all respect each other, the kids respect the adults and listen. Our group all share the same values and work ethic and it shows in how the kids are raised and the respect we all have for one another. Can't wait for the season to start!!!

When your the first one out you get the choice of the best spot but you also dig the fire pit! Everyone in my camp helps each other load and unload. We all jump in to fix the broken. Looking forward to this season. I’ve got two nieces that will be old enough to venture from the 8 track for a ride. I also have a niece and nephew that will be born during the season. The cycle is starting over again and this uncle can’t wait!

No dicko-heads